Note to New Members ×

Ottawa

Keyser Soze

Hey everyone! It sounds like we're planning two nights out this week:

Monday, Feb. 22 - Vorlage 7pm

Same time and place as last week - meet at the base lodge or find us later on the hill... just follow the tracks :rolleyes:

Wednesday, Feb. 24 - Mt. Cascades

Time to try something new! Time to be determined, I have no idea if there's an optimal less-crowded time. Keyser - any suggestions?

Feel free to post and let other know if you're coming; share rides, etc. I believe I'll be out both nights, I think Bill G. and Tabatha will be also.

Cheers!

Ian M

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wednesday, Feb. 24 - Mt. Cascades

Time to try something new! Time to be determined, I have no idea if there's an optimal less-crowded time. Keyser - any suggestions?

I haven't been out on a Wednesday, as I play Futsal on Wednesday nights. I know it is cheap night, so it might be crowded. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

I don't know if I can ride tonight, depends on how long I'm stuck at the office, so much to do...

Sorry you will not be out tonight. Next week is 99% a no for me - Chris, Ian and I are heading to ECES on Tuesday afternoon, so we will be pretty packed and wrapping up stuff here before we take off for a week ... but when we get back, it is on!

and they have to pack me on the way to.... :) just like Chris said:"...Audi wagon and we are also renting a large roof box for all the boards and gear. Worst case we will put you in there :)...".

Sometimes knowing everyone is thinking about something but no one says it is even better - right Chris? Do you want to say anything about garlic presses?

I love the conversations you have with people on the chair lift! And I really love our Ottawa Carving Club - go Team Canada!!! ;-)

Chris, can you really fit both Anna and I in the roof-box? I think you have already threatened me with 7hours up there

Anna you're making it very hard for me.....hmm maybe wrong choice of words..LOL

Tabitha will you ever be able to pick up a garlic press again without thinking of me and smiling as you squeeze? :)

There's not much to either one of you and that box is 18 cubic feet. Would make for an awfully quiet ride down. and the boards would likely be more comfortable in the back. :lol:

Ian you think you might run a few calc's based on current known dimensions of the two ladies?

hard ....... welllll......... :) who said life will be easy and soft :)

yes, me and Tabatha can't wait to be put in your roof box and have a ride of the life or ride for life. Yes, please Ian double check if we lady's can get our hot a.... into that box. I'm sure your sweet Canadian boards would be more than happy to ride on the back just next to you boys. They don't talk don't need any pi pi break and let you boys ride them as u wish, perfect passengers. :)

garlic? hope not on pancakes?

Update: what am I to do with the dozen chocolate chip cookies that I baked before I put my boot in the oven ... I can't eat them all myself. Looks like I will be eating them myself or will have to offer stale cookies on Thursday if anyone is game (are they stale if they are two days old?)

Update: what am I to do with the dozen chocolate chip cookies that I baked before I put my boot in the oven ... I can't eat them all myself. Looks like I will be eating them myself or will have to offer stale cookies on Thursday if anyone is game (are they stale if they are two days old?)

I'm sure your co-workers would appreciate them! Sorry we're not helping to devour your yummy baked goodies. :o Thanks for the effort!!

I know we discussed this earlier, but:

- Dinardo can't cook my liners for me for lack of oven.

- Kundstatd Kanata told me I should ride the Intuition liners before thinking about getting them cooked.

- T&L charges $50/hour for bootfitting. Does that seem right?

I think I'm going to ride tomorrow without cooking them and see how it feels.

I rebaked a boot on Tuesday night - it is actually not too hard to do it at home. Ian has some great tips so I defer to him, but the most important part of the home cooking project is getting yourself a toe-cap. I believe Chris picked up a set (and he recently baked his at home as well) but I used the toes of two old socks cut off and duct-taped to my foot.

Just and FYI; T&L might have burnt Ian's liners last year

Give yourself a good 90 minutes to do a decent job.

Good luck