Ottawa

Keyser Soze

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm heading to Tremblant next Friday for the day. My son and his friends are in a contest on Saturday. I may have a full car for the ride up but will have at least 2 spare seats for the return trip....

Phil and I have done Packenham every morning this week for 2 hrs then off to work.

I may be in for next Tuesday....I'm supposed to chaperoning my youngest sons ski club trip after school to Edelweiss but am trying to talk (bribe) him into doing Vorlage instead.

//Paul

I may be in for next Tuesday....

So far it's just Tabatha and I for Tuesday the 2nd, and that is also weather-dependent. After Collingwood on Friday, neither of us really wants to ride if it's below -10.

Props on riding every day before work!

Ian :D

SOS was great - there were lots of people there and of all different skill levels. Fantastic watching people carve it up while riding the lift with everyone else. Also neat getting tips and hints on gear from people my size.

Conditions wise: it was COLD and we got about 3inches of snow in the first few hours. But under that was hard pack. Slow and sticky snow on top though - which was great for me as a newbie. Not too many others around, so we didn't have to dodge them sitting on the slopes.

I am sure Ian could probably do more justice to a condition analysis, but I have already marked it in my calendar for next year. It was too much fun.

Tabatha:

I know that this may seem hard to believe but the number of people on the hill was not significantly fewer than would usually be there on a Friday (notwithstanding the cold). Even on weekends, it is not hard to find runs that are that vacant at Osler.

Come again next year. In the meantime, check out Eric's photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eajraci...7623324654626/

Current plan is for a half day riding Sunday morning at Calabogie. Look for the short girl on her very pretty new board and a tall skinny punk-ass in a red ski jacket.

Will see about Tuesday night at Vorlage as well.

Tabatha

PS: Chris - thanks for organising SOS and posting the photos so quickly, maybe next year I will be good enough to hang on a run with the photographer! Or he will catch my spectacular bails!

Hey 'Soze... Calabogie was good. Hard, fast conditions, good coverage, not too busy 'cause it was still -15. (Although the lodge was packed :confused:)

I really enjoyed it - the terrain there is so fun for carving; some of the runs are twisty and swoopy :D

The main event was the fact that a girl fell off one of the chairlifts. Apparently she and her father were play wrestling on the chair (about 150' uphill from the base station) and she slipped under the safety bar. Her jacket snagged on one of the foot pegs, stopping her fall. The lift was stopped quickly, and people grabbed a big mat from around the base lift pole and ran up the hill with it. They held it up in the air like a net in case she fell. Seems like her father tried to pull her back up, but couldn't... so about 10 minutes later she fell onto the mats. (More mats by this time) I don't believe she was hurt. Probably fell about 25 feet to the mat, which was four feet off the ground. Crazy!

What is Mt. Cascades like? That's one of the few local hills I haven't tried yet.

That's crazy about the girl!

Cascades is alright, not too far and usually not too busy! Tonight was busier than yesterday, but not packed, because on Monday nights they're open until like 2 AM, and they turn the upstairs of the lodge into a discotheque.

It seemed less popular last year, this season has been a different story. The increased amount of visitors is leaving a few icy spots. I have a nights pass, which is good all day Monday-Friday, and after 4 PM on weekends. I'm kind of wishing I would've bought a pass at Vorlage, because you guys say it's a ghost town.

Wish I could be there tomorrow! Tuesdays are a no go for me.

Thanks for a great night everyone! It was great to meet Keyser Soze and Rammy. Paul and Phil - we missed you. Same time and place next week - Vorlage 7pm. (Half price tickets...$11!!)

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml0B265WhDQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Thanks for the video guys - it is great to see footage (and that hero carve by BillyG).

On that note, being the source of all things Ottawa, BillyG has located a coupon for cheap Wednesday nights at Cascade; not our normal haunt, but variety can be the spice of life. I believe we plan on being there (along with Monday night as Vorlage).

Attached is the coupon

Too bad I missed it. My daughter had a hockey game on Monday night, I sort of have to be there seeing as I'm the coach...We have another game this Monday the 22nd. Going to make it out soon.

Loopback and I were at Mont St-Marie on Tursday. Conditions and the hill were AWESOME. Loopback was in phenom form..

See you soon