Note to New Members ×

NEWBIE Question about equip.

Lez

Just to clarify, It was late last night when I posted and I did edit it to say ~23cm weist width, but apparenlty it did not save when I posted.

13 was indeed a typo, 23 not 13 as the ~ button (which stands for "around or approximately") is right next to the 1 on my keyboard and It is entirely possible I was thinking 13 SCR as well, and transposed my typing.

(Something around 8- 12 meter radius)

Sorry for confusion, as obviously it soiled "My lover" bob's crusty whites into a crotch crinkle that would make him need to post about it in a negetive light.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: and she did say size 7 boot ;)

--- We now return U to your regularly scheduled program......

Just to clarify, It was late last night when I posted and I did edit it to say ~23cm weist width, but apparenlty it did not save when I posted.

13 was indeed a typo, 23 not 13 as the ~ button (which stands for "around or approximately") is right next to the 1 on my keyboard and It is entirely possible I was thinking 13 SCR as well, and transposed my typing.

(Something around 8- 12 meter radius)

Sorry for confusion, as obviously it soiled "My lover" bob's crusty whites into a crotch crinkle that would make him need to post about it in a negetive light.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: and she did say size 7 boot ;)

--- We now return U to your regularly scheduled program......

for a guy on your ignore list you still react to my posts, what was the point of putting me on ignore?

23 is still retarded, what gives?

I would not want 23 CM on my board with 285 boot would be too wide for me........ in softboots (another area you give bad advice on) maybe but she said she wants a hardboot setup.

between 18 and 195 is where most girls I've seen live but whatever. don't listen to the guy.

I believe that Dave's recommendation on length is a good one. I think the 13 waist was a typo.

Lez, my stats are pretty close to yours except I'm 5'5 and am an 8 1/2 foot. I would strongly recommend the same as ursle. Boots are the most important piece of the puzzle when getting started. Get some boots and get them fitted properly. After that, some plate bindings on your FR board will really give you a good feel. You will be amazed at the reaction time of your board from edge to edge in comparison to your softboots.

Hope to meet you at ECES at Stratton this season. Good luck!

Thanks Steph - it is good to hear from another woman. What size and make is your board? Boots? Boots are important to me - they are the reason that I started snowboarding 17 years ago.... hated ski boots.

Lez - my primary boards are a 165 Coiler All Mountain and a Madd 170. I've got a Madd 158 that you are welcome to try if you come to Stratton this season (for anyone that is considering questioning me here, its a softer flex model from the 2003 or 04ish production run). As for boots, I have Deeluxe LeMans w/thermoflex liners (love 'em). They are more comfortable than ski boots (even though ski boots have come a long way...I have some of them too!). The Startingate does a phenomenal job w/boot fitting. I strongly suggest getting there for boots. Nice to have yet another women on-board. Don't be discouraged by the testosterone flying around, as the majority are great:biggthump

Boots are important to me - they are the reason that I started snowboarding 17 years ago.... hated ski boots.

Same here. Hardboots are so good now that when my last pair of softboots needed replacing, I didn't bother. If you get moldable liners and custom footbeds, you can ride around all day in comfort. I don't clamp my boots down super tight, and I don't take them off at lunch time.

Same here. Hardboots are so good now that when my last pair of softboots needed replacing, I didn't bother. If you get moldable liners and custom footbeds, you can ride around all day in comfort. I don't clamp my boots down super tight, and I don't take them off at lunch time.

I don't even buckle mine anymore.

I put on my SB's drive my truck to the parking lot, walk to the lift

do non-stops from 9 until at least 2:30 then walk back to my truck

and drive home and take off my boots...I do not stop for lunch!

I have had new HB's on and they are just as comfortable, in fact

my 25 year old lange ski boots were very comfortable and while my

friends were always fiddling and complaining I never had a problem.

Stay on subject...you do not need to put down SB's to praise HB's do you ?

well I put on my HB's, click into the retrofit TD3 Gas pedal to get to the hill, then take them off and ride the board barefoot!!!!!