Note to New Members ×

(Sunapee • Okemo • Stratton) VS (Sunapee • Gunstock • Wildcat)

xxguitarist

College season pass purchasing time.

Two options.

Mount Sunapee • Gunstock • Wildcat- $240

Mount Sunapee • Okemo • Stratton- $280/ 315 (depending on purchase date)

Need some input on which trio you'd pick. Sunapee is my favorite of the second trio, haven't done gunstock & wildcat before. That said, some other friends of mine prefer places like Okemo.

I haven't been to the other places, the only thing I've been is wildcat last year. You can get some serious vertical in one day there... super fast chair to the top.

Fun place, I enjoyed it for a day, not sure if i'd spend a season on hardboots there. lots of narrower runs. Then again as long as I'm on a board I'll find some fun runs to do anywhere.

Wildcat is 2.5 hours and 125 miles from Sunapee. Gunstock is probably 1 hour away. Due to your location it may be easier for you to get to Sunapee/Stratton/Okemo. Those three all have great wide trails, granted all 3 are a bit more crowded on the weekends. Wildcat is a traditional New England steep narrow trails but not crowded at all due to its location. Gunstock has some wide trails a bit flatter and great views but also gets a bit crowded on the weekend.

I think your question to yourself is how much do you want to drive before you ride.

EZE

This one:

Mount Sunapee • Okemo • Stratton- $280/ 315 (depending on purchase date)

+1 If you are looking for wide trails for carving that trio is the best. Mt Sunappe and Stratton have the best grooming in NE.

Wildcat has some vert, but the trails are narrow and not ideal for carving. Wildcat is great for pow days.