Over The Bolts - Canadian snowboard team documentary

Corey

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Corey, sorry for the late reply. I was out of town this weekend. I don't know of any open-source converters or recorders off the top of my head, but I can look into it.

I've also been using Handbrake to convert some of my DVDs into iPod format and haven't had a problem. It works great, in fact. I haven't tried the OTB episodes yet, but I was planning doing so this week.

--

Corey, sorry for the late reply. I was out of town this weekend. I don't know of any open-source converters or recorders off the top of my head, but I can look into it.

I've also been using Handbrake to convert some of my DVDs into iPod format and haven't had a problem. It works great, in fact. I haven't tried the OTB episodes yet, but I was planning doing so this week.

--

I use handbrake all the time for putting dvds onto my ipod but it doesn't seem to work for me with these episodes. Could you post the mp4 versions once you are done?:biggthump

I use handbrake all the time for putting dvds onto my ipod but it doesn't seem to work for me with these episodes. Could you post the mp4 versions once you are done?:biggthump

I was able to get it to work last night. After installing perian (http://perian.org/) at the suggestion of another user here, you are able to open the movies in Quicktime Player and save the movies out as M4V files (which you can put in your itunes library). Takes about 30 minutes per episode on my somewhat ancient Macbook Pro.

I was able to get it to work last night. After installing perian (http://perian.org/) at the suggestion of another user here, you are able to open the movies in Quicktime Player and save the movies out as M4V files (which you can put in your itunes library). Takes about 30 minutes per episode on my somewhat ancient Macbook Pro.

Do you need quicktime pro? The "Save as" option only comes up for quicktime pro which I don't have. I suppose I should buy it. It's only $38.

Do you need quicktime pro? The "Save as" option only comes up for quicktime pro which I don't have. I suppose I should buy it. It's only $38.

I'm not sure - Are you on snowLeopard? As I understand it, in Snow Leopard there is no longer any difference between quicktime pro and quicktime (I'm on Snow Leopard). Otherwise, yes - you would need quicktime pro.