Note to New Members ×

What are your "go-to" EDC boards

crucible

I've never had much of a quiver. But, my everyday board is a 182 Coiler NSR2. I still break out my 178 Oxygen Proton, though. I sold my other alpine boards and only ride my softie setup when I take the kids sledding. (Give them a push, strap in, and follow them down.)

KC, the impression I get is they are akin to tinklers but for softboots. really long for what they are. specifically aimed guys who feel the need for a gigantic board.

makes them feel special to have the longest board on the hill.

that said, they probably are awesome boards. I like long softboot setups myself.

grocer, tanker, skunk ape, glissade big gun and a few others all are great for specific uses.

My new fav is the chubbie made by bruce varsasa. It's a 177 with 21 waist @ a 13/14m progressive scr. It has picture of a used tampom for a topsheet.

However my coiler all-mtn titanal with still be in the bag every saturday just in case.

:biggthump

Nice Spec!!! I didn't know there is such beast is available in the line up.

Can you please post a picture? How does it ride? How much do you weight if you don't mind me asking. I have a coiler build slot; but have not decide on the detail.

Thanks!!

David

infomation from one of the thread

Line for 2010

All Mountain: 172, 176 x 12m x 21.5 Waist changes usually no charge

Stubbies: 171 , 173 x 20 or 21. Either with 13.2 or 14.2m

Monsters: 182, 185x 14/15m , 188 x15/16m. 20, 21.5 or 23 in all lengths.

Classic: almost any of the glass designs up to 180 cm tweaked for metal.

New School race ( NSR) 182 and 185 x 20 x 13.7/17m

QUOTSnowman;256274]Now comes the question of why?E=

because i'm kind of a big deal!

just kidding, its the red and white canadian pride maple leaf topsheet. i chose that topsheet so it would match my 185nsr's topsheet. i was hoping the wif wouldn't know that i got a new board last winter, but she caught me when she strolled on down to "man town" one night while i was waxing all my decks, and they were all leaning up against the wall. BUSTED! i called that stunt "operation maple leaf". its easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission. :argue:

the used tampon joke came from some t32 crossfire at the pbr. :argue:

dave,

i don't have a picture available, I'm about three hrs from my boards during the summer. there are some clips of it in action in the video section. look at the t32 vid I'm the GUY in all black.

i have a 172amt and 185nsr, and i wanted something in between the two extreme's. my 172amt can be as turny as a slalom board, and the nsr is awesome but rides big for a mojority of the trails that i have access too in NH. so the 177 was good tweener for everyday use in NH.

i am clinicly obese tipping the scale at 195, and standing at 6'1".

i love it and i would recomend the 177 chubbie for the east. just remember it has a progressive sidecut 13/14scr, so it has more of a race board feel than a free carve feel.

good luck and i hope i helped you.

Nice Spec!!! I didn't know there is such beast is available in the line up.

Can you please post a picture? How does it ride? How much do you weight if you don't mind me asking. I have a coiler build slot; but have not decide on the detail.

Thanks!!

David

infomation from one of the thread

Line for 2010

All Mountain: 172, 176 x 12m x 21.5 Waist changes usually no charge

Stubbies: 171 , 173 x 20 or 21. Either with 13.2 or 14.2m

Monsters: 182, 185x 14/15m , 188 x15/16m. 20, 21.5 or 23 in all lengths.

Classic: almost any of the glass designs up to 180 cm tweaked for metal.

New School race ( NSR) 182 and 185 x 20 x 13.7/17m

don't listen to him....JD weighs 400lbs. he's morbidly obese. however, if you only saw his calves, you'd never know.

chubs, stubs, nsr's, am's, & classics are all shown "in action" in our Team 32 video.

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25840

some clips of jd on the chub are @ :40, 1:15, 1:40, 2:10, & 3:02. The guy is a friggin camera whore.

oh and to stay on topic....my "go-to" board is a Stub 173. if I'm feeling lazy or the snow is super soft I'll ride my metal AM72.

dtmfh

dave,

i love it and i would recomend the 177 chubbie for the east. just remember it has a progressive sidecut 13/14scr, so it has more of a race board feel than a free carve feel.

good luck and i hope i helped you.

JD/Enzo:

Thank you for taking the time!!! It have help me tremendously. The choidce comes down to AM/Stubby Hybrid or the Chubbie. Is the progressive sidecut=VSR? How aggresive/forgiving is tail on the chubbie?

Doe the "race board feel" require more skill to enjoy it? Would you recommend it for beginner?

Team 32 video ROCK!!!! You guys making it look too easy. It's now my favorite summer video.

:58-59 What do you call those jump turn while changing edge? Look like super fun!!

Sorry for hijacking the thread just to redeem myself a little bit:

My EDC was a 168 Madd BX but it die last season.

Now it's a donek 180 GS. It's no fun in 6 feet of now :) but it does work well overall.

Thanks

David

JD/Enzo:

Thank you for taking the time!!! It have help me tremendously. The choidce comes down to AM/Stubby Hybrid or the Chubbie. Is the progressive sidecut=VSR? How aggresive/forgiving is tail on the chubbie?

Doe the "race board feel" require more skill to enjoy it? Would you recommend it for beginner?

Team 32 video ROCK!!!! You guys making it look too easy. It's now my favorite summer video.

:58-59 What do you call those jump turn while changing edge? Look like super fun!!

Sorry for hijacking the thread just to redeem myself a little bit:

My EDC was a 168 Madd BX but it die last season.

Now it's a donek 180 GS. It's no fun in 6 feet of now :) but it does work well overall.

Thanks

David

dave,

i think the am/stubbie would work. the chubbie with the progressive sidecut has a tendancy to send you down the fall line faster wanting to axcellerate thru the turn. you would have to work harder at controlling your speed apposed to a board with a standard sidecut.

good luck!

bd6