Note to New Members ×

Summer Quiver

Gecko

090429_0064.jpg

Left to right

Speed: Custom AndrewK dropthough, R42º, Avilas

Tech Speed: Custom AndrewK dropthrough, Fastracks, Hotspots (modded with rolled edges)

Earthwing Supercharger, Indy 215's, Fishballs

Gravity PS35, Indy 149's, Slide A's

Deckcrafter Blood Diamond, Indy 169's, Speedlab IPS

5Points Gravedigger, Indy 169's, Speedlab Blackfartz

Roskopp Blank, Indy 159's Spitfire Bigheads

Fullbag HS, Indy90mm/Chindy, Hotspots/RXCC

AndrewK GS/Pumper/suitcase board Indy 129's 66mmRed Zigs

Eastbuilt Dancer, ForceClones, 66mm Lime Zigs

090429_0066.jpg

I hope to get some time on that 5Points board this weekend

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quivver so far:

Subsonic Saint 30, Radikals, Retro Zig Zags; Subsonic Pulse 40, Bennett 6 and Tracker RT, Avalons; Sector 9 something-or-other (really great board), Gullwing Chargers, Abec11 Gumballs; Earth Supercharger, Tracker Fastracks, Earthwing Superballs; Loaded Dervish, Paris, Seismic Blast Waves; Landyachtz Evo, Bear Grizzly, Abec11 Flywheels; Gravity Logan Earth Ski, Bennet 5.0 and Tracker RT, Sector 9 Race (these are gonna change, too slippery); Earthwing Drifter, Independents, Earthwing Superballs; Cones + Parts+ Tools, all ready to roll any time, any where.

post-7095-141842281522_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
That is one incredible stash of maple and polyurethane...

BB

It hasn't been gathered like that in some time, my wife is out of town so I decided to gather and shoot the quiver....I look at my quiver the way many look at a golf bag, each board has a purpose

It hasn't been gathered like that in some time, my wife is out of town so I decided to gather and shoot the quiver....I look at my quiver the way many look at a golf bag, each board has a purpose

Inspiration.... (But I was too lazy to haul ALL of them out at once...)

The slalom sticks:

2iupav5.jpg

The two on the left are set up for the kids - really soft bushings so lightweights can get them to turn. The schwheeler is pretty much that way at the moment too.

The long / carving boards. I guess the VH Hellcat is a speedcarver / downhill stick, but I don't do that enough...

v8eq9c.jpg

And the lonely pool / park / street decks that pretty much never get ridden, along with a Roe LDP deck waiting to be set up.

2u4o4dk.jpg

Anyone in the market for an old-school Zorlac pig?

Yep..

...really?

I was expecting some complex response or something...

It seems like the extra wheels would also increase surface area touching the road meaning it would be a bit slower.

Does it feel any different than just using one rear truck?

...really?

I was expecting some complex response or something...

It seems like the extra wheels would also increase surface area touching the road meaning it would be a bit slower.

Does it feel any different than just using one rear truck?

More traction is pretty much the reason behind six-wheelers. More 'thane touching the road = more traction. When it comes down to it, its cheaper to add a cast truck and another set of wheels than it is to buy a machined rear "traction" truck. Everyone who sees it usually has to try it out because it's so "different". 'Specially the young-uns.

A bit slower? I don't know. Could be. Would probably depend more on the rider and the course than how many wheels and trucks the board has though.

Does it feel different than using just one rear truck? Absolutely. It's heavier, reacts slower, it's harder to pump at slow speeds, more stable at higher speeds... It pretty much changes everything.

As far as actual racing, the only time I might actually use a six-wheeler would be in pretty open GS / Super G courses, with BIG offsets that force you across the hill in a big way. Weight the back foot on this board and it's pretty hard to get the back-end to break loose. Anything more technical becomes too much work. We had a "beginner" straight course set up at a session a couple weeks ago. Probably 7-8 foot spacing on the cones (but I'm not sure). For giggles, I was would try and stuff it through that course once in a while. I could do it on the schwheeler, but like I mentioned, it was a LOT of work.

Complex enough for ya now?

post-114-141842316449_thumb.jpg

That's interesting.

So basically, it feels more like a brick then ever before?

Kinda like comparing a mazda rx-8 to a ford truck?

which brings up another question of mine, are precision trucks worth the money?

I could slide out on some 80a speedvents running slalom courses, but I haven't slid out on my 86a zigzags yet....ever. :freak3:

the Sodafactory AKA CandySpanks, Clutch, Airotica is in Bristol RI, I live in Westerly RI....the distance is about 50 miles, Rus is a friend and he makes very nice boards. That last one is too nice for me but my younger brother has some disposable capital and wanted a new board for land paddling. He's shipping the parts to me and I'm assembling it and giving to him for his birthday so to alleviate questions from his wife (he thinks anyway)

How much do the boards run for?

my simple maple construction boards run about $109-$119....that beauty on the other hand is a Aspen and Mahogany Vlam bottom sheet with a surf resin hotcoat (think bar top) and aircraft clear I think it was $189

That's interesting.

So basically, it feels more like a brick then ever before?

Kinda like comparing a mazda rx-8 to a ford truck?

Not at all. It's like comparing a Kessler 162 to a Kessler 185. You wouldn't want to try and stuff the 185 through a slalom course, and a six wheeler isn't designed for tighter slalom skateboard courses. It doesn't feel like a brick at all, it's just not for technical stuff. Fast, wide-open stuff, yes. Isn't that what a quiver is for? The right tool for the right job?

which brings up another question of mine, are precision trucks worth the money?

If better traction and a more precise feel are "worth it" then precision trucks are worth it... There's a definite difference. Keep your eyes open in the classified secions on the skate sites. You can get precision schtuff for great deals. Every precision truck I own was purchased used...

Not at all. It's like comparing a Kessler 162 to a Kessler 185. You wouldn't want to try and stuff the 185 through a slalom course, and a six wheeler isn't designed for tighter slalom skateboard courses. It doesn't feel like a brick at all, it's just not for technical stuff. Fast, wide-open stuff, yes. Isn't that what a quiver is for? The right tool for the right job?

If better traction and a more precise feel are "worth it" then precision trucks are worth it... There's a definite difference. Keep your eyes open in the classified secions on the skate sites. You can get precision schtuff for great deals. Every precision truck I own was purchased used...

so its really not needed unless you're running GS or SuperG ? (6 wheeler)

I've seen some used in DH as well.

any comments on that? (benefits?)

Any specific precision truck you would recommend?

I like the Surf-Rodz but those dont come in slalom sizes...do they?

my simple maple construction boards run about $109-$119....that beauty on the other hand is a Aspen and Mahogany Vlam bottom sheet with a surf resin hotcoat (think bar top) and aircraft clear I think it was $189

How about one of the new Jailbaits? (toe-cutter?)