Note to New Members ×

Boot and Liner Life

abakker

After 135 +/- my deeluxe thermoflex liners are shot. i have heel lift, and the liner in general looks crushed. my boot is also looking fairly worn, but i have no way, other than through cosmetic appearance to really judge this.

i was hoping to have some understanding of how long these boots and liners seem to last for everyone else.

lastly, i ride hardboots on freeride as well as alpine boards, and tour in them, so the off-trail stuff might beat them up more than the average boots used only for alpine where there are less shock forces on them.

I've had my AF600 with thermo liner for 6 seasons now.. I ride just like you my alpine and my freeride setup with it. Average about 35-40 days a year. The liners are starting to show a little wear, a few cracks but nothing critical yet. No hell lift or rubbing inside for me.

I have averaged 5 years of 50+ days a season on Intuition boot liners, and just under 3 years on stock Raichle liners.

I abrade the outer liner fabric long through cuff motion long before I pack out the foam- duct tape on the outer fabric is your friend.:biggthump

I've had my Burton Winds for 10 years and they still seem to work fine. The original liners were replaced a couple of years ago because they packed out (and were never that comfortable or warm in the first place).

Before the Winds I had some Burton Reactor boots for several years. They were replaced by the Winds when a buckle broke, but other than the buckle they were fine.

I don't think boot shells wear out. If they aren't cracked or broken then they should be fine. Liners do eventually get packed out.

I have AF600s with Thermoflexes -- think they've only been molded once, but they may have been molded twice. I have about 60 days on them since the last mold (maybe 80 days total) and they're getting a little roomy. Is this liner breakdown, or can I improve things by getting them re-molded?

I have AF600s with Thermoflexes -- think they've only been molded once, but they may have been molded twice. I have about 60 days on them since the last mold (maybe 80 days total) and they're getting a little roomy. Is this liner breakdown, or can I improve things by getting them re-molded?
Re-molding should help you quite a bit.