Note to New Members ×

Help me choose a motorcycle

Kent

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with that.

The only thing wrong with DRZ 400 SM's is that once you try one of your buddies' Husqvarna 610, XR650R, KTM640 / 525 that will wheelie on power in third gear you'll realize how heavy and underpowered they are and get depressed. You'll probably end up trying to convince yourself that you're better off because your insurance is so much cheaper because it's a 400, but the xtra money you have to pay for more motor is worth it.

There is no replacement for displacement.

later,

Dave R.

EDIT: I see you have a Husky, so I guess I'm preaching to the choir.

Zero's customer service apparently slipping - I asked them about this bike 8 months ago and they never got back to me. I want.

They haven't had much to report until now.

This bike is ready to ship and, if it's anything like my dirt Zero, will leave the line like a rabbit with a tiger torch at its tail.

Zero is not one of the manufacturers listed on the Registrar of Imported Vehicles list. According to the RIV list, if a motorcycle manufacturer is not on the list, their products are inadmissible to Canada.

I'm not sure what all goes into making a street bike admissible but I'm guessing Zero hasn't jumped through all the hoops yet. Off-road bikes like your Zero are only required to have a valid VIN.

• 1 month later...
Anybody out there riding a Monster 69X?

Looks like the front runner is a Ducati 696, although wondering if I'll want more nuts in the long haul.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/ducati/2009-ducati-monster-696-review-77793.html

You might, if you want to do power wheelies and drag race Corvettes. My bike makes 50hp. It would be nice if it made 75. But the only place I ever think it *needs* more power is on the track when I'm trying to hang with friends on their 600s etc. How does the 696 stack up against the 800? IIRC you're a big dude (?), that might make more sense.

Would this do ???

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpQP4v_Z0nQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpQP4v_Z0nQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Being a brit bike guy, I have several friends who have test ridden the new enfields....the overwhelming opinion is they wouldn't wish one on their worst enemy. Pretty looking, but poorly built.

Thanks, Tex.

This might have eventually turned into a very expensive lesson in misplaced nostalgia.

cheers

BB