Note to New Members ×

best tuner

Ear dragger

Sean from the Starting Gate (Stratton, VT) is fantastic at his job, He lays down an awesome grind with perrrfect structure!!! I just got my virus back from him and I am very happy!! They say they are a difficult board to tune but he does it with ease. My coiler was done by him as well, and of course it's perfect. Hats off to Sean, Thanks Bud!!:D

I am sure he is great. On the West coast we have Brian Taylor at the Race Place in Bend. Just had him tune a board for me. Super sharp. He also tunes Adam Smiths boards. Good enough for a world cup rider, good enough for me.

+1 on Brian. I've had a PTC tune, I've bought a board directly from Sean at Startingate, and Brian can give 'em both a run for their money. I always ask for the "Adam Smith" structure, 1 base, 3 side. The Coiler Monster 182 I bought used at OES is there as we speak, I have had two of my other Coilers tuned there within the past 15 months, and have been very happy with his work.

I am also a huge fan of "The Sean Gate" tune:1luvu: I've never had a board tuned by Mike DeSantis and don't feel the need to. Not starting a war here, as I'm sure he does a great job, but when my boards ride as nicely as they do when I get it back from the gate, I don't feel there is a need to go anywhere else. Everyone has there favorites and it's nice to know that no matter where you live, you can get an awesome tune on your favorite piece of equipment!

I am also a huge fan of "The Sean Gate" tune:1luvu: I've never had a board tuned by Mike DeSantis and don't feel the need to. Not starting a war here, as I'm sure he does a great job, but when my boards ride as nicely as they do when I get it back from the gate, I don't feel there is a need to go anywhere else. Everyone has there favorites and it's nice to know that no matter where you live, you can get an awesome tune on your favorite piece of equipment!

I am a member of the desantis cult BUT I've seen some boards done at the starting gate, certainly look like a good tune..

• 2 weeks later...
I am a member of the desantis cult BUT I've seen some boards done at the starting gate, certainly look like a good tune..

Had a few boards tuned by Curt at Starting Gate (don't know if he still works there) and they were perfection.

I agree with you Carvedog, Bacca is probably the best in the business.

When Seth won the World Cup in Arosa this year he paid out of his own pocket to bring Bacca along with him. Bacca is also the only person Nate will have do his boards for the X-Games, which has the most gliding of any SBX race of the season.

Our program is actually thinking sending our athlete's board to Bacca to have him do the grinds on them for next season. If you could see the job he did on Johnathon Cheevers Battalon you would be amazed. The Battalon has a "triple base" which will make any tech go nuts trying to grind it properly.

I've used the Starting Gate in the past and was happy with the tune. I've also used Graham Lonetto at Edgewise tuning in Stowe Vt for race ski tuning, and he did a very good job (don't know if he does alpine boards though). However, for the past 4 years I have been a proud member of "the cult of DeSantis" for both my skis and boards. Mike was World Cup Race Director for Volkl, and tuned skis/snowboards for World Cup champions such as Hilary Lindh, Kate Pace, Katja Seizinger, Picabo Street, Kristina Koznick, Heidi Voelker, and Rosy Fletcher among others. If his work is good enough for a group like that, then it is more than good enough for someone like me.:biggthump