Note to New Members ×

Bummed now. But just a board

carvedog

What kind of board is it and how did it happen?

Tanker 192. I thought it was ok cuz I just hit some wood. Guess I am getting too fat to hit anything. And it was toeside too.

And I don't think I can another black one either.

I had just figured out the sweet spot too. Super stable in the high speed chopped pow I was in. Of course the untracked pow ruled. I was surprised at how far forward I had to move the binders to get it working.

Carvedog,

I have a Tanker 200 that I did similar damage to. Cracked the edge, popped the edge and ptex off core, and compressed the sidewall which in turn cracked the topsheet. The board is structurally sound so I took it to a guy in Boulder who came highly recommended. I picked up the board the next day and you can hardly tell it was damaged. I rode it on groomers, it carved well and didn't do anything funny on heelsides (damage on my heelside). Now I want a deep pow day to ride it in again.

Too fun to let it die like that, good luck getting it fixed.

Ink

Carvedog,

I have a Tanker 200 that I did similar damage to. Cracked the edge, popped the edge and ptex off core, and compressed the sidewall which in turn cracked the topsheet. The board is structurally sound so I took it to a guy in Boulder who came highly recommended. I picked up the board the next day and you can hardly tell it was damaged. I rode it on groomers, it carved well and didn't do anything funny on heelsides (damage on my heelside). Now I want a deep pow day to ride it in again.

Too fun to let it die like that, good luck getting it fixed.

Ink

Thanks man. I was hoping someone might chime in with something like that.

Looking at some new edge I think, as this on seems a bit....stretched.

Just talked to one of my board repair guys and they seem to think it is not that big of deal either. It won't be new but.....

at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Just talked to one of my board repair guys and they seem to think it is not that big of deal either. It won't be new but.....

I was thinking new edge segment on my Tanker also, it was sticking up almost 1/4" and cracked, but upon picking it up the guy didn't replace it. He got it back down with the special tools and skills he built over many years of fixing stuff. It looks great and still rides great.

Yours will be on snow soon.

Ink

#$%e^^&*&%>!@}@

But it did have only three hours on it before this happened. Dmmit.

I am going to try to repair this. If anyone has any tips let me know. It may be futile, but at least I won't be afraid of hurting it. More

attachment.php?attachmentid=16232&stc=1&d=1235763933

What are you talking about :confused:

that'll buff right out

I apologize for the sarcasm and sorry for your loss

as long as the core wasn't damaged, it's repairable

To repeat what others have said - that's more than likely repairable w/o much effect on performance. Had almost identical damage to a Stubby (really bad crash) after about 5 runs and thought it was done - took it to a local shop and had it back the next day. I've ridden it pretty much everyday since then...zero problems.

Hey Kenny - twas just a little twig. That had about 250 lbs of love come down on it.

Why don't you get your butt up here and do some carving with us? Or at least me.

mellowjonny made a guest appearance today. Longley was out on his carve board and someone else was on hbs that I saw,.

A regular herd.

:biggthump

I did a repair on similar damage once. Basically, what I did was take a Dremel tool with a conical-shaped grinding bit and ground out the insides of the board between the P-tex and the topsheet, down to a depth of maybe 1/2" and the width of the damaged area.

This exposed the metal edge, which I then bent back into alignment with pliers. Then I used a C-clamp with shims of wood on either side to hold the top/base of the board firmly, and mixed a small batch of epoxy resin and poured into the void, right up to the edge of the board.

When it cured, it looked pretty good and was bombproof for a couple more seasons!

Scott