Note to New Members ×

Tankers N Tahoe

RJ-PS

So here's the score, Harry Gunz, Co-Founder of Rad-Air Snowboards and I would like to meet up with the Tahoe Crew in April. We're looking at some dates, but not solid on anything yet. Few more things have to fall in place.

Now we're the visitors, so we'd like some input on what y'all think is the best mountain for Tankerin'.

I put up a poll at http://www.exoticboards.com/tankersntahoepoll.html, which I threw up on the fly. You can chat here on Bomber, there at exoticboards, tahoecarvers, anywhere, just make sure to vote the poll so that we can be assured the Bomber crew has their say.

Thanks, looking forward to OES and then Tankers-N-Tahoe!

RJ

• 3 weeks later...

RJ,

Any updates on this? I will be either coming with Harry from Switzerland and Longboard Classic or straight from Japan and have two more tanker riders coming from Maine and San Diego and we are going to meet up at San Francisco airport to make the transit to wherever we are going. looking forward to a US tanker gathering.

cheers,

sandy

Hey Sandy,

Glad to hear you are coming as well, it will be great to meet and ride with you.

Based on the poll results on RJ's site Kirkwood has the overwhelming vote count so far.

Mt. Rose is home turf for me but I have passes at both so I voted for Kirkwood because I think we can get the biggest group to come there and they have a lot of good terrain.

RJ,

This may have been mentioned at OES but we are planning to get the crew together to ride Kirkwood on 4/16-4/17 and then at Mt. Rode on 4/18-4/19. Just wanted to let you know in case it coincides with your plans, if so I'm sure we can work around it.

April 16/17 Thursday/Friday at Kirkwood???

Weekdays are way better than weekends, plus I can't ride on Saturday at KWood. Saturday the 18th-20th at Mt. Rose???

--Hugh

Okay I edited my dates again, I'm all confused today...

So this was based off info from Jami that I thought was from talking to you.

April 16/17 Thur. & Fri. at Kirkwood

April 18/19 Sat. & Sun. at Mt. Rose

Hey Sandy,

Glad to hear you are coming as well, it will be great to meet and ride with you.

Based on the poll results on RJ's site Kirkwood has the overwhelming vote count so far.

Mt. Rose is home turf for me but I have passes at both so I voted for Kirkwood because I think we can get the biggest group to come there and they have a lot of good terrain.

RJ,

This may have been mentioned at OES but we are planning to get the crew together to ride Kirkwood on 4/16-4/17 and then at Mt. Rode on 4/18-4/19. Just wanted to let you know in case it coincides with your plans, if so I'm sure we can work around it.

Randy, Looking forward to meeting all of you and we can ride wherever the snow is the best. I have never been to Tahoe for riding so should be a good time.

cheers,

sandy

• 4 weeks later...

hey Eric,

I will be at heavenlyt on 4-15 and 4-16 will be at kirkwood,the tahoe carvers cuz will be at kirkwood on 4-16, hope you can make it out and join us.

but I will be back to heavenly on the 4-17 to the 19 this will be the end for me.:lol::)<!-- / message -->

<!-- controls -->

progress.gif

Dragon,

I'll be at heavenly Friday 4/10 and there or k'wood 4/11. I'll try to meet up w/ you guys at the wood 4/16 - but that's iffy for me. Will close down heavenly 4/17-19 and maybe k'wood the following weekend (their last). I'll look for ya out there...

Cheers,

Eric

I am making the trip down from N Idaho. I should be in the Kirkwood parking lot Sun eve. I will be camping in the parking lot and riding there all week. I hope to see a bunch of carvers.

Mark

Mark,

The tanker event is a week later but we will have a group at Kirkwood on the 16th and 17th. Check out the new thread I just poster about it and contact me if you are interested in lessons.

Hope to see you there!

Randy

• 2 weeks later...

Me and the Euro crew will be in San Francisco tomorrow and heading towards Tahoe in the evening after everyone arrives from various locations (Japan, Zurich, and San Diego). Looking forward to meeting and riding with everyone this coming weekend.

cheers,

sandy

Bump, it's almost here...

The forecast is calling for a mix of rain and snow for the weekend, so let's hope for more snow than rain.

Is there any plan for a meeting time or location? Maybe in front of the ticket office around 8:45-9:00am, so people can get the buddy pass hook up if needed.

I don't know how many people are coming out for this but here are the latest deals on lift tickets. Get the spring pass if you plan to ride more than two days. Get buddy passes from myself or another local if you plan to ride just the weekend. Or get a free ticket if you have another Tahoe resort season pass.

SPRING PASS BLOW OUT

Planning to spend more than just one day with us? Pick up a Spring Pass! We're blowing out Spring Passes at an incredibly low $69 April 20-26th.

PASS HOLDERS: PURCHASE UP TO 4 BUDDY TICKETS PER DAY FOR JUST $29!

ATTENTION 6WOOD PASS HOLDERS!

6Wood passes are valid on the last two Saturdays of the season

GET A ONE DAY TICKET ON US.

Attention pass holders: bring your other Tahoe resort's season pass with you to Kirkwood and get a one day Kirkwood ticket on us any day from now through April 26!

but tomorrow it won't thaw so hard. That's good.

With a day or two of grooming, cooler temps and some clouds, Sat should be great carving.

Add an inch of snow to the groom and we're talking Superior carving. (Maybe windy?)

Don't forget to bring a square tail, a stone and some cajones for the morning.

:eek:

I'm in.

Hey Sandy,

If you get a chance give us an update on the snow conditions after todays riding.

conditions today were not too bad, snow started to soften up into good corn from around 10 to 1 and then it got a bit sticky on the bottom near the lodge, but a lot of fun.

cheers,

sandy

post-420-14184228102_thumb.jpg

post-420-141842281021_thumb.jpg

Sounds good, and it should improve over the next couple days. Looking forward to Sat.

I had problems with sticky snow at the bottom of KW last year so I just got some new spring solution wax but I'm not sure I can tell the difference between it and my all temp wax.