Note to New Members ×

SES 2009 without opening party, official Bomberhouse party and ...

Newmax

Hi all,

after arriving safely at home and having calmed down a bit, I just wanted to give my feedback on some flaws, not knowing how to write them, well let's just go: :confused:

First of all, I loved to be in Aspen again, had a great time with all the guys I met again or for the first time. The trip there again was really worth it. We had a great time on the mountains and on some evenings. So, big thanks for the organization and work to all included (Fin, Michelle, ...) But one thing I'm a bit disappointed about, and I'd like to write up, what I was missing this year:

Since this was my second SES, and due to the experience with last years package and the evening events provided with it, I convinced my this years fellows (Luigi and Newton), to buy it again. It might be important to mention, that I (we) were not traveling to Aspen, to do extended demoing. I went there for carving and evening "communications" :) But still, the package last year was worth the money, though we didn't do demoing at all.

But this year, i have to commit, that it was a mistake. Some really nice things from last year I was hoping for has been either canceled or just not as good as last year:

- Opening evening with small buffet and Weissbier - didn't even make it on the schedule instead we had free beer @bumps which was out before we could get the straps for it :(

- Bomber house party - on schedule but canceled? Last years best evening just canceled, what a pity :(

- Session ending Banquet - beef plus so many other things as much as you can eat last year, compared to fish and pork, but "only two pieces!" plus a bit of salad and meshed potatoes and some bread...

So, in the end, I feel a bit embarrassed about convincing Luigi and Newton to buy the package for the parties, but unfortunately I can't help it. Unfortunately...

On the other hand, we still had some great evenings: pureboarding party (thanks Jörg + friends), hardbooter beer, which did not run out after 15 minutes (thanks Dave and Bill) ;) and we had a fantastic time there and that's what matters!

See you hopefully in two years!

Cheers Max

It seems that many people are reading this but nobody responds!!! So let me be the first.

I wish I could say that Max does not know what he is talking about. That he he is just one of those people that like to complain. Unfortunately I have to agree with Max 100%. It is difficult when you bring people along with you and you have to justify to them what they are paying for and especially when they are not getting their money's worth. By no means I am trying to trash the event or complain about it. In my opinion I am just stating the obvious and please I would like to have someone argue that the food at the banquet was good and the parties were great etc. i know how difficult it is to organise the event and I really appreciate the effort that Michelle and Fin go through each year. It seems however, and please correct me if I am wrong, that every passing year there is a steady decrease of quality. 2 years ago we had a dvd and a T-shirt. Since last year none of these is even mentioned but at least the food at the banquet was decent. Not that a T-shirt is that important but overall the impression is that the event is getting cheaper.

Personally just being in Aspen makes up for everything. But what happens to the rest of the group? Next year when I will ask for people to pay for a SES package what will their responce be????

Hopefully this thread can be viewed as constructive critisism and will be taken into account for next year.

Thanks Alex!

and I'd like to point out, that I sign this at 100% !

... and I really appreciate the effort that Michelle and Fin go through each year.
:biggthump

It's just the "decrease in quality" from last year to this years SES, what made me start this Fred :( not the need to complain :D

Lift tickets in Aspen @ the window are up to $96/day just for reference. I purchased three days of lifts through Michelle for $201. Pretty good deal IMHO.

$55 for the banquet was money well spent. IMHO the banquet is about being with your fellow carvers in a social enviorment and getting a chance at some SERIOUS schwag. All it takes is one Donek/Coiler/Virus/Prior/etc voucher to pay for 15 years of banquet tickets...

I do agree the food was disappointing, but that's not what it was about for me (Yes the keg was floating too by the time I got in the door). I probably had more issue with lack of seating since me and my best friend arrived a little late and the whole place was filled up. The bathroom situation was even more rediculous...one bathroom for 100+ people? And btw thanks to whoever rocked the bathroom 1/2 way through dinner...I'm sure Fin loved having to deal with that! Lesson learned, and I'm sure Michelle is well aware of these issues and will take corrective action for future events...not to mention Fin and Michelle were the ones giving up THEIR dinner table seats for me and my best friend to eat dinner. How cool is that?

I demo'd Thursday only and since I didn't buy a package I paid $20 to demo that day. $20 to demo the latest and greatest boards is nothing. I was asked to pay $30+ to demo a Lib Tech board from a local snowboard shop in comparison...

The after hours events are generously donated by folks like Bomber, Hardbooter, Pureboarding, etc. These shouldn't even be mentioned as part of the package so there are no expectations. As far as I know this is coming straight out of these guys' pocket. If you think Billy and Dave (for example) are getting rich running Hardbooter.com you are mistaken so I would say this is coming straight out of their personal cashflow.

If you want more sponser funded after hours events then perhaps we should look at having this event at Ski Cooper instead of Aspen? Then you guys can see what really slow lifts are like! :) I'm sure they would give us package $20 lift tickets and such...hell they probably would give us the whole moutain!

Ok, now let me comment on yours please:

"Lift tickets in Aspen @ the window are up to $96/day just for reference. I purchased three days of lifts through Michelle for $201. Pretty good deal IMHO."

Yes, i agree, the lift ticket deal with Bomber is great! thanks to Michelle and Fin again :biggthump But I'm not talking about the lift ticket deal, that you can buy without the package, I' talking about the package itself! :)

"$55 for the banquet was money well spent. IMHO the banquet is about being with your fellow carvers in a social enviorment and getting a chance at some SERIOUS schwag. All it takes is one Donek/Coiler/Virus/Prior/etc voucher to pay for 15 years of banquet tickets..."

That's one feeling I didn't want to mention, but seriously, sometime I have the feeling, that at the "social events" the raffle and the "hopefully picked up big Schwag" is more important than the eating/having drinks together/... . Did you notice, that as soon as the "grab schwag" was over almost everyone left? :(

"I do agree the food was disappointing, but that's not what it was about for me (Yes the keg was floating too by the time I got in the door). I probably had more issue with lack of seating since me and my best friend arrived a little late and the whole place was filled up. The bathroom situation was even more rediculous...one bathroom for 100+ people? And btw thanks to whoever rocked the bathroom 1/2 way through dinner...I'm sure Fin loved having to deal with that! Lesson learned, and I'm sure Michelle is well aware of these issues and will take corrective action for future events...not to mention Fin and Michelle were the ones giving up THEIR dinner table seats for me and my best friend to eat dinner. How cool is that?"

Agreed, this is really a very pleasant and nice thing. Thumps up for this! :biggthump

"I demo'd Thursday only and since I didn't buy a package I paid $20 to demo that day. $20 to demo the latest and greatest boards is nothing. I was asked to pay $30+ to demo a Lib Tech board from a local snowboard shop in comparison..."

Again, I didn't talk about demoing! And I didn't want to, since last year i was not really demoing! And still the package was a great deal!

Now, if you tell me, that demoing for 2-3 runs cost $30+ at your local shop, I'm amazed! :eek: Do you mean renting for a day perhaps?

Still, I know Fin, Michelle and the rest do a hard job running the tent for many manufactueres, and it's ok with me to pay a fee for that. On the other hand, from my last years experience, the demo-part was just a litlle bit of the whole package, and not the main thing, cause there were great parties. This year it's been the other way around: No parties, but "just" demoing :)

"The after hours events are generously donated by folks like Bomber, Hardbooter, Pureboarding, etc. These shouldn't even be mentioned as part of the package so there are no expectations. As far as I know this is coming straight out of these guys' pocket."

That is what I was trying to say: this year I had to learn it, that the package is only for demoing, not the parties included, though you have to pay entrance to a party, if u don't have the package. And I'm also thankful to Billy, Joerg, Dave,... etc for their generosity to share these after hour parties! Now, read my post again: Didn't I post, that there were great parties like the pureboarding or the hardbooter one, did I? The only thing I was "complaining" about was the fact, that the last years evenings sponsored by the organizer Bomber were not as good as last year or didn't even happen!

"If you think Billy and Dave (for example) are getting rich running Hardbooter.com you are mistaken so I would say this is coming straight out of their personal cashflow."

Did I say this anywhere???? :angryfire Did you read my post at all?

"If you want more sponser funded after hours events then perhaps we should look at having this event at Ski Cooper instead of Aspen? Then you guys can see what really slow lifts are like! :) I'm sure they would give us package $20 lift tickets and such...hell they probably would give us the whole moutain!"

Great comment... now I regret to try saying what I felt about the evenings and the package this year...

I also agree with Max and Alex, as a sponsor to be charged for everything I haven´t seen before. As a sponsor we are also part of the event!

I felt more than a participant than a sponsor this year!

The group ticket is 51 USD per day for your info, so everybody who can count, its not a gift!

Yes Fin and Michelle did a lot to make that event work! thumbs up and thank you! But if it should work as a session it should not be that commercial!

That´s really nice work they do, but the last 4 years I think the quality goes down by 50 %!

Pay more and more for less!

A test is a test and in Europe it´s still free to test a board for 2 hours on such events!

By the way who got the money for the tested boards, we offered that boards for free, a rental shop has to buy the boards before he can give them out for rental!

I think there is a lot of work necessary to make this event working for the future!

Sorry, but just the impression I got from this event! ´

The highlight for me was Joerg Egli´s and the Hardbooter party! Thank´s guys!

I want not put oil in the fire, I only wat to tell my impressions!

Regards Frank

$51 a day for lift tickets in Aspen is a smokin deal. I challenge you to search around a find a better price. No video: it is a hugh undertaking that in the past was put together by someone who took it upon themselves with the blessing of Fin. Making a video is a monster undertaking and quite frankly, who wants to lug a video camera all week when the riding is so fantastic. To hire someone professionally to do this would cost a ton of money. A t-shrit: I can't believe that its a deal breaker for anyone. No house party: it just didnt happen this year for a lot of reasons. Every year, I walk into Bomber with a pocket full of dollars, I ask Michelle what I owe and I happily fork it over. I am coming to ride with my friends, many of whom I only get to see every couple of years and to ride at what I feel is the best resort in the world. I know its a large expense especially if your coming from Europe, but if you want to play you have to pay. Also, I might interject that for the last couple of years when the Euro was crushing it, everyone was much happier. I believe it was you Frank that was lamenting about how many fantastic deals you found shopping for new gear after the airlines misplaced your bag. Money has changed for everyone world wide and there definately is not as much floating around as there used to be. Keep in mind, last year I came and paid full boat a month after a major surgery primarily just to be with my friends. All of this wailing and complaining seems faily unfounded. If you feel that as a sponsor you were charged inappropiately, those issues might be better and more effectively handled through private email. I love attending this event and no matter what the cost I will always try to be there. 100% coustomer safisfaction would be nice; but, unrealistic. If you want to split hairs, I attened the Pure Boarding party, forked over my $20 and ended up with some crackers and a few beers, did I care, no, just being there with everyone was priceless. If this response angers you, I will apologize in advance but I just wont let this bashing go on without a rebuttle. Fin and Michelle are close personal friends of mine and I am shure that these complaints weigh heavily on them. I you feel strongly that changes need to be made, a more constructive and private format might be a better way to address these concerns.

NewMax my reply wasn't directed towards you just a response to some of the general complaints I've seen on this thread and other threads. Yes I read your post...my example of the hardbooter guys was a general statement. The point is that this is not a money making event for the sponsers!!!! Sure they are promiting their brands and stuff, but the free kegs and such are coming directly out of their pockets. Not to mention the costs of staying in Aspen, buying lift tickets, buying food, etc.

How much would a group lesson cost from somebody of the likes of Billy Bordy, Alex, or Sean M.?

I know I didn't have to pay for a few perks to include these clinics...and the biggest free perk I didn't pay for would be the chance to actually carve with other hardbooters and see some of the best riders in the world laying it down. Like Mark said: this stuff is priceless. Who cares about a floating keg, lack of house party, or no T-Shirt. That's not what SES is about for me.

Oh yeah I'd like to think the reason why everybody left after the schwag was given out is because the banquet started at 530pm and the schwag ended after 9pm!! Not to mention some of us had 9+hour drives to start after the banquet ended...

FYI-If I want to respond directly towards you I will quote your text via quote tags or PM you directly. Not trying to attack you or anything either...you have every right to voice your opinion!

$51 a day for lift tickets in Aspen is a smokin deal. I challenge you to search around a find a better price. No video: it is a hugh undertaking that in the past was put together by someone who took it upon themselves with the blessing of Fin. Making a video is a monster undertaking and quite frankly, who wants to lug a video camera all week when the riding is so fantastic. To hire someone professionally to do this would cost a ton of money. A t-shrit: I can't believe that its a deal breaker for anyone. No house party: it just didnt happen this year for a lot of reasons. Every year, I walk into Bomber with a pocket full of dollars, I ask Michelle what I owe and I happily fork it over. I am coming to ride with my friends, many of whom I only get to see every couple of years and to ride at what I feel is the best resort in the world. I know its a large expense especially if your coming from Europe, but if you want to play you have to pay. Also, I might interject that for the last couple of years when the Euro was crushing it, everyone was much happier. I believe it was you Frank that was lamenting about how many fantastic deals you found shopping for new gear after the airlines misplaced your bag. Money has changed for everyone world wide and there definately is not as much floating around as there used to be. Keep in mind, last year I came and paid full boat a month after a major surgery primarily just to be with my friends. All of this wailing and complaining seems faily unfounded. If you feel that as a sponsor you were charged inappropiately, those issues might be better and more effectively handled through private email. I love attending this event and no matter what the cost I will always try to be there. 100% coustomer safisfaction would be nice but unrealistic. If you want to split hairs, I attened the Pure Boarding party, forked over my $20 and ended up with some crackers and a few beers, did I care, no, just being there with everyone was priceless. If this response angers you, I will apologize in advance but I just wont let this bashing go on without a rebuttle. Fin and Michelle are close personal friends of mine and I am shure that these complaints weigh heavily on them. I you feel strongly that changes need to be made, a more constructive and private format might be a better way to address these concerns.

Mark, I´m not angry about you for sure!

Michele and Fin did a great job too, and it´s sure that not every custome can be 100% satisfied, but we are looking to come with a bigger group next year! This year I heard a lot of people which are not so satisfied like the years before and this makes me a little bit nervous how the future will be.

The were a lot of smaller groups doing theit own thing and the idol of big community is shrinking instead of increasing!

That statement I did was my personal opinion and I know that not everybody is satisfied about that, but that´s me and my way to find solutions!

I want to see this sport growing doesn´t matter wich brand and where the riders come from! and not beeing splitted in small group which are doing their own thing. If we don´t do that our sport will die!

Wow, after hearing all these complaints I'm glad I wasn't there. Not.

I've always looked at the banquet cost going towards the chance to win a board or bindings. Who cares about the food. Last year once the beer ran out I bought bottles. Oh well. It helped to ease the pain leaving without winning a board. Then I went out on the town and smiled the whole time because I was in Aspen, Colorado.

In 05 I bought the package and demoed one board. I would have demoed more but I didn't want to take the time to get setup and lose time on the mountain. So in 07 I just got the lift tickets at a great price. Didn't demo at all, just rode with a ton of people and met some great new friends and caught up with others I met in 05.

I will say this though, if the St. Moritz ever closes there outdoor pool, I will be pissed.

See you in 2010, I hope.

OK, I've never been to SES (only dreamed of attending), but I have been involved in other smaller, similar events closer to home, and I know that it's near impossible to have everything at an event like this go perfectly, most of the time, due to circumstances beyond anyone's control.

Fin and Michelle spend an IMMENSE amount of time and energy putting on SES so that regular Schmoes like us get the opportunity to ride the absolute latest and greatest alpine gear available, and hang out with other Schmoes that enjoy riding down hills on alpine equipment. The charges for demos don’t go into Fin and Michelle’s pockets. That $ goes to their insurance co. so that they can continue offering us demos.

If you want things to go better at events such as SES, VOLUNTEER to help the organizers. I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t turn down a helping hand, and things might end up going a little smoother.

My $.02…

Ok, then I'll use the quoting, cause I don't want to be misunderstood again.

First of all, my point is only the SES-package (not the lift tickets or anything else) just the package wort 220$ as last year and the first time I was happy with this deal, even without demoing! But this year the package was a "money-dump" for me, and my friends I convinced to buy it.

NewMax my reply wasn't directed towards you just a response to some of the general complaints I've seen on this thread and other threads. Yes I read your post...my example of the hardbooter guys was a general statement. The point is that this is not a money making event for the sponsers!!!! Sure they are promiting their brands and stuff, but the free kegs and such are coming directly out of their pockets. Not to mention the costs of staying in Aspen, buying lift tickets, buying food, etc.

Haven't seen any complaints somewhere else :confused: Do you have the links to them? In this thread there were two people writing before your post, so Alex was complaining? :eek: He did a much better job on trying to say something negative in a nice, polite way than I did. I'd love to be able to write it nicely, that the opposite doesn't feel offended. This also means that I didn't want to just complain, I was just mentioning, that (again...) this years package deal was no deal for me, why I have this impression.

How much would a group lesson cost from somebody of the likes of Billy Bordy, Alex, or Sean M.?

They do it for free cause the love to get the community growing and improving, don't they? That's great and we should thank them for it! But then a mean question, don't take it too serious: Why do you have to pay for a SES package then, if they do it for free? ;)

That's not what SES is about for me.

As far as the kegs go, I agree, but the come-togethers in the evening, I don't. And again, I'm not talking about the SES itself, and being in Aspen. I'm talking about the SES package, that said to include these evenings.

And, yes I have to agree with JFluff, no package for me anymore. But then the big community will split into more and more pieces. And that's the reason I came up with it, to try to prevent this, but it didn't work out as it seems...:confused:

Edith says to Skully: interesting point, that the package is for the demoing insurance. Ok, but then this should be made clear in the beginning, shouldn't it? (out of interest :) )

Simple business: You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time. Bomber does not specialize in event coordination but rather they are a small binding manufacturer trying their best at pleasing a large group of people who come from all over the world for this gathering. If you feel that you didn't get what you paid for, that is unfortuante for sure. For me, it was worth every cent I paid. If you want to have things differently, step up to the plate and offer some assistance. Complaining only creates more separation and damaged feelings. I enjoy riding with everyone of you and hope to see everyone back next year and for many to follow.

Thanks for another fantastic SES, can't wait until next year.

I've organized some events the size of SES, and the issues raised here are always a challenge. What I've found is that it's often enough to just have everyone in the same town together—that's it!

In other words, as prices and hassle increase, it might be worth thinking about just stepping back a bit from organized, prepaid after-hours events. People are resourceful and will always find ways to hang out with the people they want to hang out with.

This kinda dovetails into the other SES thread I started ("Colorado thoughts...")...my own preference would be to see more of a focus on instructional clinics (especially beginner/intermediate clinics) on the slopes...and less focus on after-hours entertainment.

Maybe I'm just a wimp...but I've gotta say, after carving for 6 hours straight (and not being acclimated to the altitude) I was BEAT by 5pm each day. All I wanted to do was take a hot shower/hot tub...eat...and CRASH! :D

Finally, I've also found (through large event experience) that people are definitely not picky. As nice as the Mountain Chalet was (and it was really nice!)...everyone would have been just as happy eating pizza and drinking beer from cans in the Aspen High School gymnasium! (Or fire department bingo hall...or whatever.)

Just food for thought. :)

Scott

Scott-Please take into consideration that the SES never was intended to be an instructional event. Even if instruction was offered more extensively Aspen Ski Corp would more than likely have issues with that. They charge major $$$'s for instruction and they want their piece of the pie. Freelance instructors have been getting shut down for years in this state and more often than not, the accused is prosecuted to the full extent. This includes life expulsion from the resort and lawsuit that will cost you big $$$. The SES cant be all things to all people and once again "instruction" was never its primary focus.

Mark

Thanks Snowman...Michelle alluded to this...but you really hit it home. I didn't realize this was such a big deal. What a cryin' shame. But I think Michelle suggested a way around...just communicate with the Aspen instructors in advance and let 'em know they'll have a bunch of potential students during the week of SES.

If I had known instruction at SES was such a hot-button issue, I might have arranged for private instruction from an official Aspen instructor (if there's anyone there who is good at teaching on plates...I have no idea...) But again...it's sad that teaching is such a racket, with Aspen Ski Corp. playing the role of the Mob...(perhaps someone else can offer the corporation's side of the story? I'd love to hear it...)

Scott

PS - To clarify my comments above...I think the corporations coming down on freelance instructors is a classic example of a) bad PR for the corporation, and b) cutting off their nose to spite their face. Though I have no clue what Aspen's operating expenses are...it strikes me as particularly ridiculous when their #1 asset—SNOW—is completely free and doesn't cost them a penny...unlike east coast resorts that spend a fortune making their own snow.

But again...it's sad that teaching is such a racket, with Aspen Ski Corp. playing the role of the Mob...(perhaps someone else can offer the corporation's side of the story? I'd love to hear it...)

Scott

As a HB instructor at Sun Valley I have two things to say:

Workmans Comp.

Six years ago while leading the first day of the new hire clinic I rolled over from toes to heels and popped my acl. It was an old surgery that finally let loose ( old bad technique I am finding or subsequent injury??). I even told the human resources guy that. He asked me "Did you walk to work that day?"

Yes.

"And you came off the mountain on crutches?" yes.

"And you were leading a clinic when the injury happened?" yes.

"Then we are legally obligated to bring you back to the level you were before if possible."

So besides my knee surgery, there were three others that winter, two shoulders and one instructor who did a bad lower leg break in the bumps.

Plus all the other weird stuff that happens to 250 instructors during the winter. ( and this is a small ski school )

P/T, disability payments, doctors, a $1k leg brace. This stuff all adds up.

I am guessing .5 million dollars per winter that these guys pay out. Sounds outrageous doesn't it? Makes a $200 private lesson seem a little more justified. At least to me.

And besides instructors are scammer dirtbags anyway.

Why you want to support those chumps?

:eek:

Beth-I tried to email you privately by its locked. I want to address the "Burton" snub. I have been riding Burtons for 20 years and still do, I have stacks of them and love em all. I take an unbelievable amount of guff from all the boys, even Fin gives me a ration of **** every time I need 3d center disks. I believe that I was on the chair with you when you were ribbed and while I can't remeber who it was I am positive that no malice was intended. Please don't let this ribbing get to you, but if you ride Burtons around this group of gear snobs you will probably get more of the same. Next year I will bring a couple of my Burtons and you and I can tell them all to stuff it.

But instructors are scammer dirtbags? Hmm..

Looking for a free ride. I would teach ( and do ) whether getting paid or not. The payoff is the smile when it hooks up.

PS - I guess I'm also wondering...where do you draw the line between "instruction"...and "Hey—if you show me how to do that, I'll you buy you dinner and beer!"

I tend to defer offers like this as it smacks of opportunism.

If someone wants to go ride with me, have fun, learn a couple of things and "thank" me with something later, I am not going to turn it down. To have it set up ahead of time seems to violate the spirit if not the letter of not engaging in commercial activities on the mtn.

In other words, as prices and hassle increase, it might be worth thinking about just stepping back a bit from organized, prepaid after-hours events. People are resourceful and will always find ways to hang out with the people they want to hang out with.

This kinda dovetails into the other SES thread I started ("Colorado thoughts...")...my own preference would be to see more of a focus on instructional clinics (especially beginner/intermediate clinics) on the slopes...and less focus on after-hours entertainment.

Scott

Word.

I wasn't there so I can hardly talk, but people who want to party can always find a way to do it.

As for clinics, that should be the meat right there. This forum can round up at least half a dozen fully accredited shreds to give sessions. The area could hire them for the week and they could be paid through the school.

At an event like this, you still need a jump off event and a banger at the end, but during the week, daily riding, video and feedback will really get people talking.

Bomber is the **** for doing this just the same and I hope to get on the program one of these years.

It could be better or it could be worse. I'm just thankful that it IS. I'm thankful that the Bomber crew puts it on. I'm thankful that all the board makers come (what, was this a record year for manufacturers). I'm thankful that my hardbooter friends make the time and save the money to come from as close as Summit County or Wisconsin or Canada eh or as far away as Hawaii and all those European countries. I'm also thankful for everybody's comments in this thread because I truly believe, how ever you said what you said, you're all just trying to make the next SES even better.

SES is, without a doubt, far and away, the highlight of each year for me... and that's coming from someone who gets free room and board in Hawai`i and is about to take a 3 week raft trip on the Colorado thru the Grand Canyon. I can't get enough SES and I just hope I'm lucky enough to get experience many, many more. I hope you'll join me.

Simple business: You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time. Bomber does not specialize in event coordination but rather they are a small binding manufacturer trying their best at pleasing a large group of people who come from all over the world for this gathering. If you feel that you didn't get what you paid for, that is unfortuante for sure. For me, it was worth every cent I paid. If you want to have things differently, step up to the plate and offer some assistance. Complaining only creates more separation and damaged feelings. I enjoy riding with everyone of you and hope to see everyone back next year and for many to follow.

Thanks for another fantastic SES, can't wait until next year.

I haven't been a the SES - unfortunately. But as initiator of the carving masters with more than 200 participants I have to admit something.

An event like this lives from the particpants and the spirit. And the guys' feedback has to be seen as a chance to improve. That has nothing to do with complaining. The give feedback because they are stuck to the sport. They fly around the world just for attending a carving event. If you want to keep the spirit - listen to the basis.

I really believe Fin and Michelle take this thread as a chance for improving.