Note to New Members ×

SES 2009 without opening party, official Bomberhouse party and ...

Newmax

Amen Kimo! You took the words right out of my mouth. Yes some things can be better or worse, but just be thankful for what we have and not what we always want. Next year, if allowed, heck I'd like to pitch in to help out in whatever way I can. I have many years of administrative experience and more than happy to devote my services...Because I enjoy hardbooting that much. I think if more people volunteered time, perhaps the issues people have can be resolved.

Fin and Michelle are busting their humps day in and day out on everything from running the equipment side of the business, handling issues/complaints, planning SES yearly and everything else in between. I'm sure they'd actually like a little help if someone is willing to pitch in.

I appreciate everything that Fin, Michelle, the board manufacturers (Chris - Prior, Bruce - Colier, Sean - Donek, Joerg - Pureboarding, Alex - G-Force, Mats - Alpine Punk, Frank/Ray - Virus and anyone else I forgot), The G-Force Greek crew, Pure Boarding Guys/Dolls, The Virus Ladies and Gents, The Frozen backside boys and many others for what you do every year. Without you this event could not take place. And lastly, I appreciate all the wonderful people I've met through bomberonline and at SES, that are now my friends.

So instead of complaining about things, let's all pitch in to make the next SES that much better.

It could be better or it could be worse. I'm just thankful that it IS. I'm thankful that the Bomber crew puts it on. I'm thankful that all the board makers come (what, was this a record year for manufacturers). I'm thankful that my hardbooter friends make the time and save the money to come from as close as Summit County or Wisconsin or Canada eh or as far away as Hawaii and all those European countries. I'm also thankful for everybody's comments in this thread because I truly believe, how ever you said what you said, you're all just trying to make the next SES even better.

SES is, without a doubt, far and away, the highlight of each year for me... and that's coming from someone who gets free room and board in Hawai`i and is about to take a 3 week raft trip on the Colorado thru the Grand Canyon. I can't get enough SES and I just hope I'm lucky enough to get experience many, many more. I hope you'll join me.

I don't think that anyone has identified yet that SES is important to all of us. To the consumer, it provides a place to try out new or different gear, I don't know how many of you are willing to drop 1200 euro because a Virus might be what you want.

At the same time, it is as important for the manufacturers to get their products out to their (potential) customers to try. Who buys a car without taking it for a drive? At the same time, it allows them to listen to the consumers for feedback on performance, styles and pretty colours. They don't have to be there, but are crazy not to be.

In the end, SES is something both sides need, and if one side, or both, get disillusioned and choose not to attend, we all suffer.

As this was my first time at SES, I think it is important to communicate why I will or won't attend again. This is important for everyone to consider. If you are a manufacturer it will let you know if going to SES is viable, if you are a boarder it will help you make the decision to go or stay away.

As much as there seems to be lots of complaining, it is important to hear so next and future years can try to better accommodate everyone. If no one voiced their opinions, we would all be a fragmented, unhappy community.

Keep in mind that trying to change for the better sometimes involves making mistakes or having unfavourable outcome, as long as you learn from them they are worth something.

And remember, there are always things that are out of your control, right Michelle?