Note to New Members ×

Silly question - washing liners

tdifan_2003

Hi all,

I have already Googled it. Do you ever wash your liners? Specifically - thermo fitted ones? I thing, mine are about to need some ............... refreshment :ices_ange. Has anyone tried putting them in a washer? If so - any specific detergents? baking soda, freezing them are some of the suggested ideas from Tetongravity. Please share your thoughts and experience :biggthump,

Millen

Stamp out boot stink and mildew. Spray a dash of boot juice in those puppies every now and again to keep 'em smelling sweet as a daisy and keep creepy swamp growth at bay. Big 20 oz. pump spray can. Due to its flammable propellent, we can only ship this item to customers in the lower 48 U.S. states.

http://www.tognar.com/boot_heater_warmer_fitting_dryer_canting_dryers_ski_snowboard.html

Thanks Pat,

I went thru both treads. For now, I'd try the baking soda +/- Febreeze. Vinegar, although supposedly very effective, would leave me with another odor :D.

I do agree though that dry feet will do better than wet ones. I used to use regular foot powder bought from Walmart. I had not used it in a while and this is when I started noticing some more smell :smashfrea.

Apparently, nobody has put the liners in the laundry machine, so I am not gonna do that either.

Thanks!

Millen

Thank you all,

I used some solution with baking soda and water and sprayed them with a spray bottle. They are drying up now and we'll see. To be continued :),

Millen

hi TD1FAN

i also use the baking soda with water in a spray bottle but i also mix in isopropyl alcohol in the same proportion as the water. not only does the isopropyl alcohol kill germs but it makes the liners dry a lot faster.

after you get them clean, your regular maintenance can be just spraying with a 50/50 solution of isopropyl alcohol and water after each use--this is what old school tour-de-france racers did before the advent of quick dry synthetics.