Bmes 09

Chubz

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have always loved being behind the lense, but back in the day 35mm was just too expensive so I quit. After finding some new subject I loved (carving) it gave me good reason to get back into it, plus besides the camera and lense, its fairly cheap, until you start framing and printing, but even then you can come up with way to keep it cheaper.

I am self indulgent with seeing shots of myself but I also like providing that indulgency for others. I love seeing smiels come to people face when they see a cool pic.

I think I would have preferred being apro photographer than what I do now, so I dip into it from a hobbie standpoint.

Here are some I was messing with. Can you guess what # 3 is?

post-1008-14184227837_thumb.jpg

post-1008-141842278373_thumb.jpg

post-1008-14184227838_thumb.jpg

Chubz, "Here are some I was messing with. Can you guess what # 3 is ?"

Man I have BTS on the brain, I swear it looks like a BTS system on the back of a pair of boots !??

Gregg, you have some really nice :biggthump :biggthump shots there from BMES09 !

Folks

Last day JBS and I were out together. Saturday, but I went skiiing sunday and JBS got one last carve day in couple shots from the day, which was great, once it got to 1pm.

I love the first shot that Jesse shot, because it shows the both HS and TS track, wish I had a sequence. It was my last turn to set up for the pic in the next post.

post-1008-141842279159_thumb.jpg

post-1008-141842279161_thumb.jpg

post-1008-141842279163_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

Well, the downhill mountain bike season ended on Halloween. So now its time to get cold and puke!!!!

looking forward to a great season, Farmer's Almanac predicts good stuff.

Season Pass discount last day is Nov 16, still pricy as hell.

Lets being planning for BMES 2010 and consider two days instead of one, if feasible. a thruisday and Friday.

I hope everyone's summer went well and get the legs ready if you havent been already.

See you soon

Greg

Greg and John,

Happy to see everyone turning their thoughts towards snow.

I agree about Blue's season pass price this year. I thought there was no way they would raise it over last year, but was I wrong! I would gladly give up the10% food discount and free tubing if they would know off a few $$$.

Greg I think my legs might have to wait until the season starts. I can not seem to keep out of the water during my free time.

See ya in the ruts....

Jesse

Looking foward to BMES 2010-I am in for 2 days-hope to get in a day a week at Blue this season and the word is the weather should provide some nice conditions but for right now-Striped Bass on the brain-weather not cooperating there-19' seas tomorrow:barf:

See you on Razor's-Joe

ECES, I sent my pitch to my wife, she initially winced, but I thiik I can talk here into it. I am looking at 3 days, maybe W-F, stay over T-R. I dont wanna be there for crowds.

Jesse, let me know if that fits your schedule or what were you planning

#3 is a set of boot suspension thru negative light snow.

Just hoping for that cold snap soon.

Next season I hope to be in aboat;)

Greg,

W-F sounds perfect to me, as long as we do not get in too late Tuesday night. Give me a call to discuss details and logistics.....

Here is how I spent my last weekend.

I pop in about a minute into it, orange playboat, red helmet and blue drytop. Small surf, but still fun.

Jesse, nice Vid, who shot it ? Tohickon's a blast. I tried to get my bro's Condo for the week @ Stratton, but it's already taken :(

Chubz, " Next season I hope to be in aboat " ?? (kayak) Dang, I may have to drag the boat out of the cellar next year.

jp,

Kyle, new cat to the LV club did the video. It is amazing how much smaller and tamer water looks on screen. I did the Brodhead a month ago and had seen the drops on youtube before I paddled it. The 5' drop on youtube looked and felt about 12' as you were actually going over it.

Same here.

I got a taste of that this summer with DH MTB. this rock coming off the top of it felt like dropping off a basketball hoop. Not me in the first pic, but one of the main drops in the course.

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3828972/

This is me, praying as I head into a soup bowl of loose fist size rocks.

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3829087/

Dirt jumps offered the same senssation. Feels like you are 5 feet in the air but you might be 12"

I gotta change my settings to see the video but will give it a look.

Season pass purchased today, GAMEON!!!!

Jesse, Oh yea, like when I started to ski, and went to the top of Challenge for the first time :lol: I think the Tohickon and the Bushkill are two most fun local areas (I always liked creeking, except for the Beaver :rolleyes: better than BIG water). The Shades, Big Sandy, Top Yough are serious fun then comes the 'UPPER'. Drops and falls were my favorite, no skill, no brains, I can handle :freak3:

• 3 weeks later...

Were any of you guys riding at Blue Moutain during the '01 - '02 season? I lived in Kunkletown back then and had a pass at Blue because my husband was a snowmaker there that year.... well, at least until he got injured when he rolled a snowmobile down an icy run! I don't remember seeing to many carvers back then.... Trying to remember what I rode then.... maybe still on the Burton Alp... can't remember. Anyway, I taught at Shawnee Moutain for a few years before that and also Camelback for a few. Do any of those places have any carving scene still? I've been in Montana now for 8 years..... had to leave Pennsylvania for bigger mountains and more snow! Hope you guys have a good season there this year. The mountain I'm teaching at now out here opened on November 14th..... I got two days on snow already, but now my car is broke down, so last weekend and this weekend I have to miss :eek:

Kathy

kinpa, I personally was on 'sticks' in 02, and don't ever remember seeing a Carving Board on the hill until around 04, but I'm pretty sure their are a couple of 'local guys' that were riding before that. First Carving Board I remember seeing was at Killington, and that guy was 'KILLIN' it :eek: I knew then and there, I had to try it (and I'm still 'tryin') :freak3:

Blue's a nice local hill, most trails have a lot of character, rollers and off camber turns (unlike Camel) and we have a nice group when we can all get together.

jp1

I was instructing at Shawnee Mountain from 1995 to 1999 and we had a pretty good size group (probably at least 10-12) of instructors that were riding hard boots while I was there. Teaching responsibilities kept our riding sessions to first thing in the morning, but back then most of the instructors who were moving up in PSIA were in hard boots. That's just the way it was. Things have changed.... :AR15firin