Bmes 09

Chubz

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

glenn, "Will be there this Mon. (30th)" :confused: I guess you mean the 2nd ? I plan to be there, but my boots are in a hundred pieces and need some new hardware to assemble them. I'll probably spend the day looking for 'good old fashioned hardware stores' and ski shops begging for T-nuts & rivets. It's times like these when I wish I had one of those Shopsmith's in the basement ! :(

glenn, "Will be there this Mon. (30th)" :confused: I guess you mean the 2nd ? I plan to be there, but my boots are in a hundred pieces and need some new hardware to assemble them. I'll probably spend the day looking for 'good old fashioned hardware stores' and ski shops begging for T-nuts & rivets. It's times like these when I wish I had one of those Shopsmith's in the basement ! :(

Yep...That's right. Shift work kind of makes you lose track...I knew which day of the week it was:o

Hardware stores open Sunday..Come on Greg! GET SHOPPING!!!

Hope you can find parts...

We're supposed to get up to 14" snow in South Jersey so I'm not positive I'll make it but will try...

Yep...That's right. Shift work kind of makes you lose track...I knew which day of the week it was:o

Hardware stores open Sunday..Come on Greg! GET SHOPPING!!!

Hope you can find parts...

We're supposed to get up to 14" snow in South Jersey so I'm not positive I'll make it but will try...

AAAH! Just realized it was you John and not Greg...Anyway...What I said :o

glenn, "We're supposed to get up to 14" snow in South Jersey so I'm not positive I'll make it but will try..." Whaaat ? that just ain't right. Maybe I need to come down there, got any hills :confused:

Got the goodies :biggthump to my surprise I found everything I needed at Lowes! Just have to find some SS Button Head Screws, make some Teflon washers, put the 'finishing touches' on the sanding and assemble them tonight (I'll have a busy 'lunch' :) )

glenn, "We're supposed to get up to 14" snow in South Jersey so I'm not positive I'll make it but will try..." Whaaat ? that just ain't right. Maybe I need to come down there, got any hills :confused:

Got the goodies :biggthump to my surprise I found everything I needed at Lowes! Just have to find some SS Button Head Screws, make some Teflon washers, put the 'finishing touches' on the sanding and assemble them tonight (I'll have a busy 'lunch' :) )

No hills but apparently will be plenty of snow!

Glad you got the parts...Looks like some new snow in Allentown area for tonight and tomorrow. Hope everybody and his brother doesn't take off from work and go "skiing". Don't you hate it when people know you're a snowboarder and ask if you're going "skiing"?!!!

Some S.O.B stole the oil out of my heating fuel tank for the second time in two months!!! Put a lock on tank after first time and came home tonight to a cold house! LOVE to catch them :AR15firi:flamethro

Thankfully my neighbor had a 55 gal. drum of oil that he brought over...Enough to keep me going for a while...

Hope to see you there John...

What a b1tch!!!!!

From what Iheard, today was VERY NICE!!!! Thursday should be the same.The groomers stiill dont know how to groom, many ridges, but hopefully it sets up for Friday.

Keep an eye on the weather channel. morning showers but I'm still going. Tonight and thursday night should kepp it solid and a little sprinkling will just settle it in.

Get it in now becasue rain all next week. BLAH BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Mom nature :o ba-lows

Anybody else planning on going? Report is for 30% chance rain (some showers) and high of 34. I'm torn...Might wait 'til afternoon since rain is supposed to clear out by 11 or 12...Do some of this in a.m. :sleep:

Finishing night work Fri. a.m.

Folks

For anyone arriving later, I will leave the remaining discount passes on top towards the back right corner of the Liquid Lighting Energy Drink Machine in the valley lodge. If they are not there, then I put them on the vending machines which is a little more hidden so ppl cant see those getting the tix.

If we run out we run out, sorry.

See you in a couple

BMES a resounding success! Great time...Great company! Lots of laughs :lol: 7 carvers and one helmet rack ;) Greg tells me that's a record...Was worth the 33 hr. marathon...Glad I came :)

:biggthump to everybody...

We missed you JP1...

Great day in many respects

Attendance Record (8): Jesse, Joe, Joe, Tony, Dave, Glenn, Mike and Greg

Good grooming, sticky snow, afternoon potatoes were fun and no one on razor.

laughs, ball busting

That thing Mike talk about know the situational awareness of your ding dong and Anal Fissues of something like that.

I heard many compliments, questions, stares and some of the best were waiting for other riders making turns watching heads turn on the lift to see what the hell is that and why are there so many. got to see that from two perspectives, Top of Challenge and waiting over on Razor while you guys came down Challenge.

mike trigger happy on the camera, must have been the 5-hour NRG.

Glenn going in the woods. got pics.

Sun came out in the afternoon

Glenn making it even though he was dead on his feet AND he did RAZOR, nice work.

All that contribute to having a great day at the hill with other HB's.

Some good pics and I will post when I get some time to resize and crop. I was gone 10 hours today so I am sorta on BOL detention, but all well worth it. Next year, a few weeks earlier to ensure good stiff snow. Even though I had penty of days out this season, today took the cake and well worth burning a PTO day from work, thanks for the turn out.

Greg

Props to Greg....Thanks for getting this all together. It was an awesome time for sure. Legs are like rocks today....lol....so worth it... Woke up this morning with that grin that just won't go away

I vote for getting us all together once a month next year:biggthump

Greg - Bruce wanted me to forward his email to you. bruceacim@gmail.com

My email is cafercr35@aol.com - send yours to me.

Another thanks out to Greg for pulling this together. It was fun riding with a new group. As a relative newcomer, it was awesome to see different styles and to get new tips first hand. I also have some major board envy. I'm looking forward to a new Coiler next year.

It will be fun looking through the pictures. I'm hoping there is one worthy of setting to my avatar. See you guys on the hill...

Tony

Folks

While we did have 435 pics to choose from, I picked and cropped one of each of us that I thought were good shots. Its seems some chowed up in front of the lense more than others;) Great time and I included one extra shot of THE Mr. Smith , because the smile on his face represented the day for me and I think everyone there.

What was weird taking the shot is that I usually dilute my viewing focus when I look through the lense to try and optimize the framing of the picture, but when I took the shot, his smile beemed into the camera and I said to myself, "Good reason to be smiling!!!"

Also thanks for letting me get some time behind my camera. Ireally enjoy taking photos and it seems Mike does too:biggthump

The remaining shots, I dont know if it would be easier to email or just burn 8 discs with each of your own pics and mail them to you.

Any how here they are

post-1008-141842277233_thumb.jpg

post-1008-141842277236_thumb.jpg

post-1008-141842277238_thumb.jpg

Sorry I missed the fun. Had some work pop up last minute and couldn't take the day off as I'm happy just to have a job in this economy.

Hopefully the seasons not over and we can still get some turns in, otherwise definitely next year.

Nice Chubz!! Some awesome stuff there. I love studying each pic and being able to see body position and how it effects the board as it contacts the snow, angle, flex etc.

I see I had my rutter tucked in for that pic....it must have been later in the day lol

I am intrested in other the other pics...$2.50 a pc?....lol....anyway let me know what works good for you...email.I listed above or disc...either way no rush.

i looked through my pic and they didnt come out good...lighting was horrible.