Note to New Members ×

Bmes 09

Chubz

Folks

Soliciting dates for BMES 09. I suggest February 27, March 6 or March 13, before things get too warm. I am hoping to get as many folks out there this year. Conditions have been fairly good except for this past week and this wekend should set it right back up.

I am calling to the following:

JBS

JP1

Glenn and Son

Jaco

Cafer

JTSlalom

Ward

Prentice

Mike T

Nick

Phil

And anyone else who wants to make the trip. Blue is well worth it. For travelers, I'd offer floor space, but my house is full with my dad's place burning down. He has a camper at his place but no heat in it. By next year, I hope he will let me borrow his new place for the annual event.

Please give feedback on what day would be best to get most folks there and if enough I will check to see if we can get any kind of discounts, and maybe put a bug in an ear for a slope.

http://www.skibluemt.com/

Hope to get a good turn out

Greg

The guy who rides with Jesse Smith.:biggthump

Pic From 2008 Prentice, JBS, Greg and Ward

post-1008-141842274614_thumb.jpg

post-1008-141842274617_thumb.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sunday was the last day I was up and though fairly warm the air was still cool enough to keep it stiff. I didnt get up this week at all due to work and balmy weather, but with the drop in temps headed in tonight and the winds should cool it right down. Winds may wick some of the moisture out, making it cheese shredder like.

For Saturday, suppose to drop to 20* overnight so that mush of this week is going to solidify and hopefully the groomers can get on it b4 its starts to completely refreeze friday night. drops below 32* around 9pm so it could go either way. If it drops below freezing b4 grooming, it may get a stiff lumpy and bumpy but if they do Razor first before it completely freezes they may get a good even layer down, then it will freeze solid. I predict fairly stiff all over with some ridges and potential for uneven groom in the morning and with the raise in temps it may loosen a bit for some nice sticky stuff by late morning. Bring your legs either way and to hell with ski team!!!!!!!!!:AR15firin

Might be able to give an update Friday night.

Hi guys.. I just got in from a day up @ holiday valley (we've all had similar conditions lately.. rain, wind, now temps are dropping ok.). While there were some slushy spots (and small ponds at the bottom of some runs), the snow is firming up VERY nicely and was, by the time I left, some of the best riding had in awhile. f'n great, actually..

Greg, my official reply is, any weekday is good for me, whatever works best for the majority. Observation though is that Friday's do 'tend' to bring in more people & buses than other weekdays. From what I have been told, they will only run both lifts (6-Pak & Quad) on Thursdays and Fridays. (Hinting that Thursdays may be a better day, crowd wise) but understand the logistics of others.

I managed to 'score' some $10 OFF Discount Tickets for BMES that we can distribute to riders interested.

I posted a poll, but I think Iam the only one who voted. and I can do most anyday that is chosen, hell even if we pcika couple Fridays, I say the earlier the better, I.e. Feb 27 aand March 6, but it would be nice to all on the same day.

How far are you traveling? I would offer up a couch but its taken by my Dad until his place is rebuilt.

That close to Cleveland, check with Shred Grummer, he may make the trip if you give him a heads up. He might be up for splitting the cost of a room. I could check with the wife on letting some folks shack up, but with 3 kids, and my dad on the couch, displacing them for a night or two may not weigh to well with them.

Let me check with one other source. I'd like to see folks coming in, but my resources are limited in helping folks out for a place to rest the weeary heads.

I posted a poll, but I think Iam the only one who voted. and I can do most anyday that is chosen, hell even if we pcika couple Fridays, I say the earlier the better, I.e. Feb 27 aand March 6, but it would be nice to all on the same day.

How far are you traveling? I would offer up a couch but its taken by my Dad until his place is rebuilt.

Greg, My only day of those mentioned is March 13th...That damned work thing, you know...

Bobby Buggs & Others that may be interested: Where is this place??

Technically it is "Blue Mountain Ski Area" in Palmerton, Pa. They have a website with GPS coordinates and directions.

Google says from Hartford, Ct to Palmerton, Pa is 3:55 and 204 miles. 84 W to 209 South, then a couple of back roads.

Do you know cafercr35? Their is a B-52 Bomber scheduled to leave from North Jersey, I've met you both, that would be a fun :D ride for sure!

Hope you can make it (free Evil Sports stickers :biggthump for everyone, all 8 of us ?) if conditions are good I think it will be worth your time.

Bobby Buggs, No overnight accomodations on the hill itself, but plenty close by. I think their website has some listed, If I knew how to post a 'linky thing' I would.

Maybe Chubz can post the link when he gets done 'gouging' up others 'well placed linked carves' :D.

"Is PChang and Ward going?? That right there would be worth the Trip :biggthump ?"

I dunno ? They are 'most certainly welcome' as is anyone else that has interest.

BB

Prentice and Ward have made it out for a couple outings over the years. We may need to rustle their cage.

As far as hotels, this place is a touch remote and is one of the last resorts in the area that has not succumbed to the corporate development, which makes it nice. Still has a mom and pop feel, no condos, hotels, etc, but has a high speed 6 and quad. 20 minutes north of the Lehigh Valley (Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, PA).

If you Google danielsville, PA Hotels. some listings will come up. thier address is Palmerton, PA, but Danielsville, is right on the other side of the mountain.

Some of the hotels in the area offer ski and stay. I can check with the mountain to see if they offer any packages, but Ihave also heard that many supermarkets in NJ offer great ticket discounts.

Some less than 5 star hotels are also in Wind Gap, PA. The kind that you may have rented a room for a high school keggar, but its a bed and about 20 minutes from the mountain, if that. If you come in the night b4 and stay in wind gap, there is a cool rock climbing gym right in town that might make for a fun evening.

Let us know. Even if you consider staying an extra day, JBS and I ride every weedend to make the travel worth with an extra day.

JBS and I are trying to make this a good venue each year for eastern PA and it a hill that offers good fun with small crowds on weekdays.