Note to New Members ×

January 25

KingCrimson

Jim Pryor Memorial Carving Session

Same old 8 AM under Chair 1, Later on Chair 7 and 10.

Aaron says food afterwards.

1. Me

2. My dad

3. Julian

4. Andrea

5. Aaron (The lesser citizen skiier)

6. Kerry

7. Dennis

8. Loc

9. Dave Galisky

10. Erwin

11. George "Castanza" S.

12. Ponytail Terry

13. Daniel

14. Guiseppe

15. Tony

16. Little Richard

17. Thumper

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly plan on being there the 25th. Can't make it this weekend though. My pass is blacked-out for the holiday periods, but I'll be in Baja anyway because there's a pretty decent swell being forecast for this weekend. However, it looks like the weather will begin cooling down early next week which - from a snow standpoint - is good news for the following weekend. See you then.

Yup, Summit does have their blackout dates. During the holiday periods we can't go during the day sessions but we can go to any night session. It kind of sucks but not really. Who wants to ride when the entire state of California is heading up to the local mtns to play in the white stuff, side of the highway players are included.

On another note,, spoke with Dennis ( director of ski patrol at Summit, fellow hardbooter) today. He is more than willing to put on that barbecue that was listed in another thread. In talking with him today, he said that he can get things ordered and have it happen on the 25th. We just need to get a confirmation on who will be there. I told him I think we could round up at least 11 ppl to be there, possibly more. So if you would like to attend this festivity, post a reply with a yeah or neah for attendance. Lets get another good size group there.

OVR

I'm diggin the Carver's BBQ idea, and it'll give me a chance to ask (Read: bug) Dennis about patrolling and such. Also, I talked Loc into coming up.

He's gonna bring along them fancy pitcher-takin things and the other pitcher-taker that takes lots of pitchers real quick-like that puts you on the TV. Talk of a SoCal hardbooters site being made too. :1luvu:

Aaron- any chance Jim will make it up again?

Post up folks, I'll make a list in the original post. The "Guest List" if you will. :eplus2::biggthump

I also emailed George S and Richard since they don't venture round these parts often.

Alright guys, you have 1.5 weeks to lose weight, add muscle, and whiten teeth because I'm bringing my HD camcorder and digital SLR camera. Hope your technique is solid too, no pressure :biggthump

John (Hey John) and Jeff (zland) are local too, I'll pm them about this meetup.

Carvingchef must have done some photoshop, cause my teeth don't look that white when I look in the mirror :D

i think you are talking about this picture, i only cropped it a little but that's all, i didn't whiten your teeth, anyway, i gave you a disc with all the original files, check it out, maybe it was the sun reflecting on the snow and your teeth, all i know is that you are always smiling when you are carving and it's contagious so keep on carving and smiling

post-6353-141842270988_thumb.jpg

Zland- Just come, it'll make a world of difference. There are several experienced guys who will be more than willing to help. If you leave before noon, you can get a $19 voucher, which forces you to come back and ride with us again.

actually you get the voucher if you leave before 1.00 pm

5 hours of riding is enough to make you tired, i have a pass but i'm usually done by 1.00 or 2.00 at the most and by leaving early you avoid the traffic driving down the mountain.

i don't know your level of experience but i agree with King, watching other people riding and following them always helps, everybody is friendly and people with more experience will be happy to watch you ride and give you pointers plus i will have my camera if you want some pictures, check out this thread on page 2 http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23275&page=2

you'll see a group photos and that wasn't even everybody, there was another 2 or 3 people not in the pictures, plenty of carvers in snow summit, hope to see you on the 25th