Note to New Members ×

January 25

KingCrimson

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this weekend I will be at Mammoth trying snowboarding for the 2nd & 3rd day. Hopefully, I will have gotten on a board with some hard boots if the stars align & I can beg, borrow, or steal them. Loc is giving me a board to use. Anyone that can help out, I would appreciate it.

Regarding the summit ski day, I am learning towards going. I need to be around you guys to catch on. There are so few people doing it & so few stores that rent or sell this stuff in stores, it looks like this forum is the main resource to the sport.

Regarding Mammoth, lets get summit out of the way & then we can work on mammoth. Of course I got to work on my friend considering it is his cabin. I can only ask.

What size feet are you? I have some killer 3 buckle hardboots that are super forgiving that you are more than welcome to use as long as you like. You mentioned using Loc's ATV in a different thread? I think Aaron (Oldvolvosrule) has some other stuff lying around he might let you borrow as well if Loc is riding his ATV at the JPMCS.

What size feet are you? I have some killer 3 buckle hardboots that are super forgiving that you are more than welcome to use as long as you like. You mentioned using Loc's ATV in a different thread? I think Aaron (Oldvolvosrule) has some other stuff lying around he might let you borrow as well if Loc is riding his ATV at the JPMCS.

10.5 to 11 street shoe thus you certainly know the mondo boot size if your foot is close to being the same.

I'm more like an 11.5-12.

The boots are mondo 29.5-30. I use the 3 buckles in softer snow usually.

I'll bring them along to the session, and you're more than welcome to try them. If they work for you, fantastic, keep them as long as you need them. If not, I guess we will have to figure things out. Your ski boots will work in the morning, but will start to beat you up as the groom diminishes. Are you coming on the 25th?

I'm more like an 11.5-12.

The boots are mondo 29.5-30. I use the 3 buckles in softer snow usually.

I'll bring them along to the session, and you're more than welcome to try them. If they work for you, fantastic, keep them as long as you need them. If not, I guess we will have to figure things out. Your ski boots will work in the morning, but will start to beat you up as the groom diminishes. Are you coming on the 25th?

Thanks for being them along. I really apprecite everyone's help.

I am leaning towards coming on the 25th. The truth be told is it is forcasted to snow starting Wed - Sat at this point so my plan would be board with you guys & then leave around 1pm & drive to mammoth to hit the powder for Sunday & Monday.

Aaron, any luck with the non-BOL members? Should we bring stuff (namely steaks) for the BBQ or are they taking care of everything?

In as far as I could determine in my conversation with Dennis the meat will be provided. Sounds like bbq'd chicken and tube steaks (hotdogs) is the normal table fair. I will send him an email just to confirm that this is the case.

I have spoken with a few others, Daniel and Guiseppe from Palm Springs and they are coming at this point in time. Left a voicemail message on Ian's phone. Called Andre, he is nursing an achilles injury so he will be doubtful. Also left a message with Jasey Jay Anderson, Chris Klug, Michelle Gorgone, Ken Watanabe and Alexa Loo, they all said that they should be there also.

:D:D

Should have quite the turnout.

...Called Andre, he is nursing an achilles injury so he will be doubtful. Also left a message with Jasey Jay Anderson, Chris Klug, Michelle Gorgone, Ken Watanabe and Alexa Loo, they all said that they should be there also.

:D:D

Should have quite the turnout.

I called up Shawn White gave him an invite. Shawn turned me down cause he thought he would be heckled for his equipment choice.

I called up Shawn White gave him an invite. Shawn turned me down cause he thought he would be heckled for his equipment choice.

Yeah, I was going to call Shawn too but I got to thinking that he would be ridiculed for riding softies. Much in the same way I was verbally harrassed, ridiculed and pretty much made to feel like a lesser citizen for being on snow skis for the first part of last Sunday. The verbal harrassment came from one particular individual riding hardboots, names will not be mentioned here on this public forum to protect said individual but I will mention that this individual was riding a Schtubby!!!

pretty much made to feel like a lesser citizen for being on snow skis for the first part of last Sunday.

Well....

:lol:

A liftie informed her coworker that my board was bad for control and just good for speed. I told her that was just my lack of finesse showing through :biggthump

People really give you garbage for skiing though? I know kids at my school that give me crap for having a carving setup and say that skiing is dumb and that snowboarding is more popular, but that's the kind of person that gets on the snow 2-3 times a season. Can't say I've ever heard someone give me garbage for being a carver at a resort(just misinformed comments), or heard someone say anything to my dad. Then again..He's 6 foot 4 and 225 pounds :)

..The verbal harrassment came from one particular individual riding hardboots, names will not be mentioned here on this public forum to protect said individual but I will mention that this individual was riding a Schtubby!!!

That SONOFABITCH! Next time, point him out, and we'll give him a beatdown.

No wait, that was me:p

Yeah, I was going to call Shawn too but I got to thinking that he would be ridiculed for riding softies. Much in the same way I was verbally harrassed, ridiculed and pretty much made to feel like a lesser citizen for being on snow skis for the first part of last Sunday. The verbal harrassment came from one particular individual riding hardboots, names will not be mentioned here on this public forum to protect said individual but I will mention that this individual was riding a Schtubby!!!

hey hey hey

dont forget about me :lol:

were just giving you advice on what not to bring to the mountain. :biggthump

Yeah I know.

You didn't see my absolutely hilarious Hangl plate joke?

Okay fine it sucked..

One can dream....

I have Hangl inserts. Gonna make use of them and mount a camera for board perspective filming. Might have to convince you to ride it so the footage is actually worth watching:rolleyes:

Sigi Grabner, Bruce, Sean, Chris Prior, Mr. Kessler, Fin, Jeff Caron...There would be more industry insiders than local rec carvers!

Jim Pryor Memorial Carving Session

Same old 8 AM under Chair 1

D-Sub said maybe, Zland as well. Haven't heard from Richard yet.

1. Me

2. My dad

3. Julian

4. Andrea

5. Aaron (The lesser citizen skiier)

6. Kerry

7. Dennis

8. Loc

9. Dave Galisky

10. Erwin

11. George "Castanza" S.

12. Ponytail Terry

13. Daniel

14. Guiseppe

15. JJA, Klug, Gorgone, Wantabe and Loo. Julian will have some more fall line connoisseurs to hang with. Hangl with? No that's too punny, even for me.

JJA, Klug, Gorgone, Wantabe, and Loo should be another 5 numbers right?