Note to New Members ×

January 25

KingCrimson

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...finally got a minute to sit down off the slope. The BBQ will work around the volunteer patrol staff. Best if we eat like at 11 am or after 1pm . I will have one item per person. Your choice that day will be of large hamburger, chicken fillet, massive hot dog or veggie burger. Also have one bottled drink, Pepsi, diet Pepsi, Mug root beer for you guys. You need to bring snacks or desserts if you would like. Also bring salads if you want. I can store the stuff at ski patrol top of chair 2 first thing so maybe you can load Chair 2 and we will store it at the top patrol building for the morning. Cannot have any alcohol at the patrol building but the Summit House can sell it to you that if you so desire.

Anyhow, I have about 30-40 patrol volunteers to feed that day plus the JPMCS so I can accomodate the numbers. Just need to adjust the start times so it does not become a problem. Looking forward to seeing everyone and having you watch me crash with a toboggan on film.:)

Hoping to get my TD3's by then!

Ok...finally got a minute to sit down off the slope. The BBQ will work around the volunteer patrol staff. Best if we eat like at 11 am or after 1pm . I will have one item per person. Your choice that day will be of large hamburger, chicken fillet, massive hot dog or veggie burger. Also have one bottled drink, Pepsi, diet Pepsi, Mug root beer for you guys. You need to bring snacks or desserts if you would like. Also bring salads if you want. I can store the stuff at ski patrol top of chair 2 first thing so maybe you can load Chair 2 and we will store it at the top patrol building for the morning. Cannot have any alcohol at the patrol building but the Summit House can sell it to you that if you so desire.

Anyhow, I have about 30-40 patrol volunteers to feed that day plus the ASSES so I can accomodate the numbers. Just need to adjust the start times so it does not become a problem. Looking forward to seeing everyone and having you watch me crash with a toboggan on film.:)

Hoping to get my TD3's by then!

Dennis,

It's very cool of you to arrange this! Thank you. I vote for the 11:00 feed but will go with whatever works for everyone else.

Thanks again.

If'n it matters I would prefer to do the BBQ later in the day, 1ish is fine with me. I figure that we can ride our guts out in the morn, head over to get some chow and socialize. People who are too pooped and with a full belly to ride anymore can head on down to the bottom. Others can stick around and have some more carves.

What about you others?? any preferences??

Dennis, thanks for the update. This will answer a few questions for everyone that will be there.

If'n it matters I would prefer to do the BBQ later in the day, 1ish is fine with me. I figure that we can ride our guts out in the morn, head over to get some chow and socialize. People who are too pooped and with a full belly to ride anymore can head on down to the bottom. Others can stick around and have some more carves.

I'm down wiv dat. Makes the most sense to me.

We had 4 carvers at High today. One of them stuck around and helped me out all day..let me try his Proton too. Really nice guy, very talented carver, used to patrol and teach for many years. Gotta say..man my Coiler spoils me in chop! He got me way lower, except now my heelside is 100x better on steeps..Jack Michaud wasn't kidding in his article.

The 1-25-09 gathering can become the Jim Pryor Memorial Carving Session. We didn't have a luncheon or anything at ASSESS. We can have a proper toast for Jim a the sponsored BBQ.

OK. I just got off the phone with Jim Pryor’s son, Shane. I told him about the gathering and that it’s – at least right now – being unofficially dubbed the “Jim Pryor Memorial Carving Session”. Should we stick with that title? (Sounds good to me.) I invited him and his mom, Debbie, to be there and offered to pick them up on my way if they wanted. Shane sounded enthusiastic. It’s tough to say if either Shane or Debbie will show. I sure hope so, but the wound is still fairly fresh. Nonetheless, speaking just for myself, I think this should be an annual gathering to continue existing friendships, renew acquaintances and develop new friends within the carving community in honor of Jimmy.

Just to share a story with you all...the building that we are having the BBQ at was built by volunteer funds the last two years in honor of a volunteer patroller, Jay Otto, that passed away at 34 from Melanoma leaving behind several children and a wife. Jay was a cornerstone in our patrol and the outpouring of support to build this $600,00 building was unheard of. The Jay Otto Patrol Statiion (JOPS) makes it the largest patrol building in the US so it it fitting that Jim is being honored at a facility that built in honor of another fallen rider.

Join us on that day and let share the moments we have left together!

What about you others?? any preferences??

Dennis, thanks for the update. This will answer a few questions for everyone that will be there.

I think I would prefer the 1:00 feed also. That just seems to be our natural pattern of ridding anyway. Kill it all morning, then relax and recover!

I definitely agree that we should make it an official Jim Pryor event.

I can do the food at anytime. If you all can wait until 1:30pm to eat and get there anytime after 1pm, it would work out best. Don't want you guys to get stuck in your trenches just because you are running low on fuel so let me know how that sounds!

My staff should be done by 1:30pm so we will not be stepping on each other. Possibilty of snow that weekend so we can eat downstairs in the training room area that I will reserve for us. Seating might be tight (set for 12)but we will be fine. Pull up a piece of floor and make a new friend!!!

And you call yourself a BOL member?? Do you ever check this website? this subject has been the talk of the SoCal forum for the past week. Another screw up like this one and your BOL membership is revoked!!

wow aaron i've never seen you this pissed at someone :biggthump