Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Sunday rundown:  Icedude, monoman, odd person, mario, and certain others. (some though were conspicuously absent - looking at you dusty)

First run was pretty good and deteriorated quickly from there :eplus2:  Tracked out and full of racer kids.  No trenches were to be had. I missed snow.

Image for illustration:

2016-11-13_09-50-56_668.jpeg

Screw that!

At least I got to go home with a nice green thing! (will have to wait for more and better snow)

2016-11-13_19-06-53_837.jpeg

• Like 1

Unexpected.

One of the great things about calling lovey home is that they open early.

One of the sucky things about calling lovey home is that they open early.

As such, we get inundated with early season ski training with teams from throughout the country, as well as the world, mixing it up with the general public on very few open slopes, never evers on boards and planks, along with straight liners, wannabe pros.... etc., on down the line. We tend to set the bar pretty low, and not expect very much except getting our legs under us and knocking some of the rust off until they all leave for thanksgiving. Finally. Along the way, we might get to link a turn or 2.

I know, cry me a river you little whiney bitch

Today was decidedly the exception,  despite having basically one trail open, some of us where able to put together 3-4 unimpeded top to bottom non stop runs, as well as finding big holes and linking multitudes of turns together. The spirit is happy, but the legs, meh, notso much. It was a fabulous day indeed.  We where a small crew today, Erazz, The odd one, Mr positive, the Dude , and myself.  looking forward to Thursday, with a few days of snow coming in, low temps, the possibility of additional terrain opening, and the departure of the racers.

mario 

Edited by big mario
spell check be messin wit my moooojooooo
  • Like 8

Preview

I was not ready for that little blast of winter we had yesterday. I know its hard to believe, but it was cold and windy, and a little snowy at times

I stayed a way from spillway, it sounded a little too firm for my early season not quite ready for this shit attitude I was sporting at times yesterday, I just stuck to the semi hero on catwalk and mambo and had a rather enjoyable time. There are still some racers about, though their numbers are dwindling.

Hoping for more terrain soon, I kinda want to open it up a bit, but not until there is a little more room to roam.

keep your head on a swivel.

The Crew: The odd one, the dude, Mr. Positive, Racer H,  2 Planker Pete,  Everette and myself

mario

• Like 1

If you're gonna be dumb, you betta be tough....

instead, be smart and hop on the short bus to the valley like the cool kids do,

and find shelter in the trees at a lower elevation

but you need to bring your "A" game for switchback

see you there, if you dare....

• Like 1

A far more important question is that of the tool. (The ridden not the rider) Given the recent splurge of snow do I stay wide or finally break out the Donek?

(The question could be moot as I might be hijacked to Winter Park anyway ;)  )

Edited by erazz
Recalibration

3 hours ago, erazz said:

A far more important question is that of the tool. (The ridden not the rider) Given the recent splurge of snow do I stay wide or finally break out the Donek?

surfs up dude, the ride should be wide

(The question could be moot as I might be hijacked to Winter Park anyway ;)  )

That's unfortunate, last I checked , lovey had the better forcast

mario

Edited by big mario
'cause I felt like it
  • Like 1

Yahoo's

a yahooin' and spillin out the lift maze by 8:15

Means the lazy ass lci sauntering out of the lodge at 8:20 after breakfast and bullshitting  aint gettin any freshies today....

Still, 15" of fresh, wet snow will do wonders for building a base that'll probably get reload open next week in time for the bomber demo, and maybe get 4 open by x-mas.

Several small and not so small inbounds slides in avalanche bowl and busy gully under 1 definitely caught our attention, backcountry is spookier than normal right now...

After a couple of bone jarring runs of of 1, the largest wimp in the group suggested we take our inaugural shortbus ride to switchback, where the winds were under 10mph, the temp was above 20, and the only tracking out was done by our merry band of misfits.

Good times where had by, The Dude, whom managed to drag his ass out of his deathbed, and jump on his new 6'-3" dupraz,, the ever so odd one, Mr. positive, and Erazz, whom received his official initiation today with a serious plastering via yours truly after he went down in in front of me on switchback. Lest I forget,  Haley was rippin" it up under the tutelage and watchful eye of grand pappy james

A short, yet highly enjoyable day

mario

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, John E said:

...How was Sunday (conditions, weather, crowds, driving)?

Spent Saturday at Winter Park and planned to make it up to L by 8:30.  Made it to Georgetown where the traffic was backed up, standing still with an accident some miles ahead.  Called it there and went home instead.  The conditions are starting to look really good though.