Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Bittersweet

Last day of the season at our beloved lovey today, I guess it has to end at some point, and I was feeling ready for it. Time to break out the MTB, wipe the dust off, lube the chain, and pump up the tires, and get ready for a different type of carving.

The snow was fast early on, and firm, <.75" on the MES, causing both consternation and confusion amongst our contingent of whiney, spoiled Colorado riders. Right when we figured out how to ride again, the clouds rolled in, the lights went out, and the straightliners finished up their first round of drinking, and hit the slopes en mass. It has been feeling a lot like Summit county here lately, and after 40 days on snow, I was good with calling it early, and heading for, where else, but the bar.

The Dude had a posse of his freaky mono friends show up, and ditched us before he even finished breakfast.  Apparently we are too mainstream for him ;p I did get to add a monoskier to my list of trench warfare victims, so that took some of the sting out of his betrayal and abandonment.

We where a mixed up bunch on the hill today, with the usual suspects  Mr Positive, Odd Job, James, Occasional Terry, Racer H, Erazz, The Sheriff(on skis)and myself, joined by Mr. Bomber, Bola, Andrea the Giant, Everette, and World Cupper Seb.  All in all a nice ending to the lovey season, looking forward to riding the basin next week for the Donek End of Season BBQ

• Like 3

The Donek thingy? This Sunday!!!

Thanks Juwan!

What is a kitchen pass?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

A kitchen pass is permission to go out and do something you enjoy, that doesn't involve your spouse or significant other!  Not that I have to ask, but it's fun to say!  Kind of like I'm training to be a double-nought spy!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got out again today and rode. it was awesome. I know I use that too much but.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8VUONhV9NY

Andrew just happened to be at the trailhead and joined Farmer and I.  Not as fast a descender on a mountain bike, but still a bad ass rider for certain.  He mentioned something about someone getting him set up on a carving board next season....

Edited by big mario
  • Like 1

Who is Farmer... and Andrew the skier?

Damn Dude you must be bored, what did that response take, a minute?  Farmer is a former team mate/riding buddy/friend of mine, and yes it was Andrew the skier

Is your phone mounted to the handlebars of your road bike, and are you on a road ride right now?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thinking about the season ahead. The prospect of fighting I-70 traffic on the weekends makes me cringe. 

Any interest in setting up a default mid-week carving day at Loveland? Is any one day better than another for the regular crew? Kevin, Arnie, Pete, Juwan, etc?

Also, are any of you guys planning on ATC 2017? I'll be considering getting another Classic Pass. 

Thinking about the season ahead. The prospect of fighting I-70 traffic on the weekends makes me cringe. 

Any interest in setting up a default mid-week carving day at Loveland? Is any one day better than another for the regular crew? Kevin, Arnie, Pete, Juwan, etc?

Also, are any of you guys planning on ATC 2017? I'll be considering getting another Classic Pass. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure why traffic on this thread has dropped to near zero. The regulars haven't posted in a long time. Also, it could be that newcomers don't realize that "Yo LCI" is a thread dedicated to Loveland. I suggested that we rename this thread (or start a new one) that has Loveland in the title. That went nowhere.