Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

How do you get them to want to go?

Mine hates the idea of going but every time they go they love it...

I tell her we can split a brownie. And I make them take ski lessons so, by comparison, skiing with dad is an enormous treat. But I think the brownie is the true draw.

The promise of a slice of pie afterwards at an appropriate restaurant on the way home. And occasional hot chocolate breaks.

• Like 1

We had a really nice two days at Loveland last week. It's been a few years since I've been able to get there. It was great to get on the Fire Bowl again, Drifter, etc. Met a new BOL member gigo60, saw the blur of HillB and b.free a lot!

Met Hill on the Hill.  Conquered Spillway and Richards.   Proceeded to scare myself on Roulette and topped it off with a pow run or two off of Reload.

Met the Russian connection, saw teach teaching and spotted an unknown hardbooter...  LCI is growing!

erazz, maybe the unknown hardbooter was gigo60? On a Burton race board with TD3s? Except I think that was Thursday...

You should have introduced yourself to us!

My daughter is probably saying the same thing. I pulled her 7 year-old a** out of school today for "hands-on learning experience" at Loveland. It did not disappoint.

lordmetroland, was your daughter wearing extravagant headgear? It almost had to be you parked right in front of us Wednesday... I saw her a few times on Home Run if I'm not mistaken. She was skiing really well! I gave her a thumbs up once but she probably didn't notice.

• Like 2

Dermabraision

Not what I was thinking about about this morning as I changed out my cracked baseplate in the parking lot, but definitely what we experienced with straigtliner Geoff on the ridge today. It was a surfy day today on the monster, lots of nice blown in in places , especially below the wind scoured glacial areas of the ridge. I had a lot of fun on my lawn, which was filled in nicely, I also had fun on turtle creek, which was supriseingly firm under the 3" of groomed butter. On the hill today, in our posse anyway:

The Odd one, Ice, Racer H, and the newly repaired Dude. Good to ride with all y'all, I wanted to hang around longer, but I had a feeling my Honi was needing me

See you next Sunday for the last hurrah, at least until the following Sunday at the basin

Edited by big mario
  • Like 2

Sick?

Always!  This time not only in the head

Role playing gone wrong?

There are kids reading!

Or not.

Are you trading places with sirurbanarea?

Just checking.

Nope.  I'm being forced to take it easy.  Went to the doc yesterday and mentioned my sore leg.  He promptly gave me dire warning of surgeries and nerve damage.  Apparently I've angered one of my tendons and it's throwing a tantrum.  I'm not bed ridden but I should stay off the leg.  I don't know if the season is over for me.  Waiting for test results to know more.

Edited by erazz
  • Like 1

Always! This time not only in the head

There are kids reading!

Or not.

Are you trading places with sirurbanarea?

Just checking.

Nope. I'm being forced to take it easy. Went to the doc yesterday and mentioned my sore leg. He promptly gave me dire warning of surgeries and nerve damage. Apparently I've angered one of my tendons and it's throwing a tantrum. I'm not bed ridden but I should stay off the leg. I don't know if the season is over for me. Waiting for test results to know more.

I can't like this post. Get better!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

lordmetroland, was your daughter wearing extravagant headgear? It almost had to be you parked right in front of us Wednesday... I saw her a few times on Home Run if I'm not mistaken. She was skiing really well! I gave her a thumbs up once but she probably didn't notice.

Indeed. She borrowed my Pink Conical Princess Helmet Cover for the day. I'm wearing it right now.

• Like 2