Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Happy New Year to the LCI crew. Be safe out there and most of all have fun. Hope to see you soon.

Sounds like someone got a new bike, 36 Fox fork, sounds like a DH bike. What is it?

Happy New Year to you! Were you affected by the mudslides? Sounded like they were near you.

I picked up a Transition Covert - a 6" AM bike. Then swapped to a beefier shock and wheels. Not a full on DH ride, but will do most anything that my sorry a$$ can throw at it.

D.T., yes the mudslides occurred in my hometown, just below my parents home. Very sad to happen so close to christmas.

On another note, our most direct highway to our reosrt took a major blow. The hwy will be closed for the rst of the winter. Now my drive is 1.5 hours vs. 50 min.

D.T., yes the mudslides occurred in my hometown, just below my parents home. Very sad to happen so close to christmas.

On another note, our most direct highway to our reosrt took a major blow. The hwy will be closed for the rst of the winter. Now my drive is 1.5 hours vs. 50 min.

That sucks about the highway, but glad to hear that neither your or your parent's homes were damaged!

when looking at the Lovey forecast, a wise person would stay home when the high temp is predicted at -2°F, with windchills around -21°F... Ink, Shelly and I had a great time today because the wise people were at home leaving the mountain wide open for us. I think the -2°F/-21°F forecast was a bit of an overstatement; I honestly believe today was the coldest day I have ever spent at Lovey! We rode until ~12:00, including an hour warm-up break (cough, cough, coco-porter, cough, cough). The carving was decent, there were some soft spots to be had. The snow should be set-up really nice tomorrow!!!

Thanks guys, it was lots of fun; see ya tomorrow!

P.S. - Ink, tell KK that if he does not show up tomorrow, I'm going to tickle him until he is blue in the face!

when looking at the Lovey forecast, a wise person would stay home when the high temp is predicted at -2°F, with windchills around -21°F... Ink, Shelly and I had a great time today because the wise people were at home leaving the mountain wide open for us. I think the -2°F/-21°F forecast was a bit of an overstatement; I honestly believe today was the coldest day I have ever spent at Lovey! We rode until ~12:00, including an hour warm-up break (cough, cough, coco-porter, cough, cough). The carving was decent, there were some soft spots to be had. The snow should be set-up really nice tomorrow!!!

Thanks guys, it was lots of fun; see ya tomorrow!

P.S. - Ink, tell KK that if he does not show up tomorrow, I'm going to tickle him until he is blue in the face!

I've spent some mighty cold days @ Lovey with you guys and loved every minute. My wife and I went up to Pinedale for the new year's eve and sat nite.

Fri morning was -25* below and warmed up to a balmy -15* below. two runs coco, repeat. and sat morning was -16* below warming up to -10* below, three runs, coco, repeat. Felt just like home...

Don

Feed the addiction...:eplus2:

Had a great weekend in Steamboat. KarverKai got 7th at his gymnastics meet. Knee deep on Steamboat was awesome on the 200 on Sunday. KK had never ridden that deep or that choppy and had it down by the middle of the first pitch. He rode so well and even dabbled in a couple terrain parks. Lil' jibber was riding boxes and even did his first 50/50 rail slide, start to finish, landed and rode away. It was sweet! He was starting to shred the bottom of the U-Jump also. A great time was had by all.

Ink

Oh yeah, my phone went swimming on the trip so I lost all my numbers. Can you LCI folks kindly send me an email with your digits? Thanks.

I knocked my head pretty good, shook off the cobwebs and rode for another 1/2 hour with a bit of a headache. Crowds started to get thick so Dirk and I bailed

I picked up a 200 cm pow board from Sean that he wants the tanker riders to test, he wants to get it dialed in and add it to his line of stock shapes.....

checking the weather forecast for next week right now.......:eplus2:

mario

I knocked my head pretty good, shook off the cobwebs and rode for another 1/2 hour with a bit of a headache. Crowds started to get thick so Dirk and I bailed

I picked up a 200 cm pow board from Sean that he wants the tanker riders to test, he wants to get it dialed in and add it to his line of stock shapes.....

checking the weather forecast for next week right now.......:eplus2:

mario

Dude, no head slams. We have already tested that enough to know that it is not fun AND not good. How did Dirk do? 200.....huh, cool.

The gizmo was quite fun and gave new life to the 178 BS board. D.T. and Shelly showed up as we were moving to the Rathskeller for our recovery drink, TKCP.

Tony, good job "moving" on the board the last couple runs. Kate, don't be such a stranger. Kevin and John, thanks for a fun day. John, remember that time superman slid out on spillway?

Ink

Dude, no head slams. We have already tested that enough to know that it is not fun AND not good. How did Dirk do? 200.....huh, cool.

Ink

I know, I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing in the middle of a turn, looking up to see where Dirk was and...... BLAMO

He did well, first time up this season, maybe 4th time ona board, I had him get the board up on edge a few times, but I think that tiny sidecut was hindering him a bit. He wants to come back up a few more times and get a few more short lessons, watch us, and go off to try and apply. I am going to put a few runs on that beast next week, freshies or not just to give Sean an idea of how it handles. It is a clone of a 03 deuce, with 12.45m of side cut, the thing is scary big......

mario

that spot - when it's good, it's awesome. all other times, it will kick you arse!

how was the demo board?

That spot was awesome and yes, when it is not good it will kick YOUR arse!

Board is pretty good, I'll include you and Bigs in my review to Sean. - Actually I won't include you fellas so that you aren't thinking about my review when you get on the board.

Ink