Note to New Members ×

Snow Summit January 4th 2009 meet the ASSESS

carvingchef

Hi Richard! Glad to see that you made it to Bomber. Thanks for the heads up on the instructor at Summit. I will have to look him up one of these days. Can't wait to see every one on the slopes.

Have you checked out the info here on Bomber and at the Carvers Almanac yet?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's not Nekdut. I'll definitely take him up on it though. He seemed pretty knowledgeable, definitely a good guy. Even gave me a tow on the flats! :lol:(at) ASSESS

Hey you don't want my help, I called all of you guys ASSES! ;)

Come ride with me at Mammoth. Hitting up June first thing tomorrow after a crazy day of 2ft freshies today :D

So, Erwin, you surf too? On the 4th we'll have to compare board quivers - of the liquid H2O type (as opposed to just the frozen H2O type). I'm heading down to Baja for a few days and then back in time for the Summit gathering on the 4th. We should talk about getting together for a surf sometime as well.

Kerry, yes, I also surf. Click on my profile. I've got a surf photo from Lance's Left (Mentawais). The forecast for this week doesn't look good. I hope you get lucky and score some waves.

I went to snow summit with my son today and i met Richard though he was not on alpine gear but he said he'll be there on the 4th carving it up, the snow was a little icy early morning and it soften up a little later on but it stayed pretty hard except the very bottom near chair 1

by 11.00 am it was very crowded but on chair seven the line was maybe 20 people at the most and on chair 10 there was no line at all, i don't think it's going to be as crowded on the 4th, at least i hope so, we'll see.

it only took me an hour from the parking lot to the freeway which is not bad at all, but driving down i could see a single line of cars driving up the mountain very slowly and the line went all the way down the mountain and maybe another mile down the freeway, no accidents, just a lot of traffic and i could see a lot of cars with small children, maybe they were just going up to play in the snow.

i didn't check the weather forecast but i'll be there on sunday regardless

happy new year everybody

yeah, today was good. didn't catch you guys till the last few runs though. missed the group pic too.. ah well. i didn't break anything, other than my shoulder being a little sore.

Nice meeting you Erwin, and everyone else i think i've run into before - unless of course i missed you this time around. good stuff. until next time...

I've tried twice now to attach the photo. I even checked FAQs and followed the directions I found there. It still won't attach. If anyone wants to send email addresses I will send it that way. You can reach me at: olas_6@msn.com

If a moderator notices this message, maybe he or she could help me out.

Let's try this attachment thing again...

haha nope..

How are you trying to host it?

if it's in photobucket or something like that, you go [img}link to the image[/img] but of course turn the odd bracket into a square one.

If it's on your 'puter, click the paperclip next to the smileyface and the letter A at the top of the "Go Advanced" posting screen, then select the file on your computer.

how were conditions and crowds today? I was gonna come up with my friend, but...it really looked like it was gonna be hard, hard hard, and she's only on her like 5th day and was already a bit sore-arsed from mammoth last week.

looks like the weather was quite nice?

you guys wanna plan one of these on a day that isn't an overpriced holiday period? Please do!

Dave, I was expecting the same conditions you mentioned but was completley surprised at the condition of the snow, packed powder was everywhere today. On some of the shaded runs in the morning I found it a bit hard but once the sun rose higher in the sky everything turned to extra extra carvealicious. Trenches were made by all, good time on the mtn today.

Chair 7 area was great and also Chair 10 was pretty scrumptious too.

It was great meeting and seeing familiar and not so famliar faces, lets get together again, SOON!!

Hey, who let that softbooter in the pic in the lower right???

Hey, who let that softbooter in the pic in the lower right???

that's my son Julian, i think watchingall you guys carving it up made him think about wanting to carve, he asked me to change his bindings to a higher angle so he could try to carve on his board, maybe now he understands why we are having so much fun

that's him in the photos, some more teasers to follow

post-6353-14184226854_thumb.jpg

post-6353-141842268542_thumb.jpg