Note to New Members ×

Snow Summit January 4th 2009 meet the ASSESS

carvingchef

Alpine Snowboarding Session Expression @ Snow Summit

Meet the ASSESS on January 4<SUP>th</SUP> 2009 for the second annual “happy new year carving” this is not a sponsored event, there is no participation fee, there is no free T shirt and there is no demo tent, it’s a very casual event not meticulously organized, in fact, the only organized part about it is this thread, it’s just a bunch of people starting the new year carving, last year it was only a few of us who got together on the mountain and because we had so much fun we decided to turn it into an annual event, if you are a newbie it’s a great place to be, you get to see different people at different level on different gear, everybody is friendly and will be glad to answer all your question and help you out, anybody and everybody is welcome to be there, experience not required but friendly attitude is a must, we usually meet at chair 1 a few minutes before it opens, I will bring my camera and if I catch you falling rest assure you’ll see it on BOL after we make sure you are okay of course, so come on up and have fun

If you know you are coming please post a reply so everyone can get an idea of who is going and how many people will be there

i was at Snow Summit today and there was 10 hardbooters on the mountain, maybe more that we didn't see, that's just to let you know there is plenty of carvers out there

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 221377" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>nekdut</TD><TD class=alt2>You guys are ASSES! ;) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

and if some of us are not that good then we would be some BAD ASSES

Just to let you guys know...I would be happy to meet you all on the 4th. I am the patrol director at Snow Summit and have two Golden Reetreivers that work with me. Looking to getting Donek's new Metal Board soon and some TD3's. For now I am on TD2's and a Volkl RT SL. Come up and say hi and get a chance to hang out in our new 2300 foot patrol station at the top of Chair 2.

Regards

Dennis

Dennis, just returned home from a morning of riding at Summit, wish I would've known that you were there. I wasn't on a alpine board today but I usually am. I was with a couple others that were on alpine boards. I am thinking about heading up tomorrow also, will you be working??

Try to meet us on the 4th, it would be great to ride with you.

Will be working 10-12 hours days thru at least next Tuesday. Will take off Tuesday and then keep up the grind to past New Years. I have to send you pics of me pulling a toboggan with a generator and having 600 xmas lights on me and my carving board. Do it every New Years Eve in the torchlight parade. See ya next time. Just ask for me at patrol. They will call me on the radio.

I don't think any pictures were taken, but - yeah - that would have been a good idea. My wife will probably come along on the 4th. I'll bring a camera along and maybe she could get a group shot of everyone who shows up and I could post it on bomber or send it to whoever wants a copy.

Hey Richard, good to see you here. Sounds like it is going to be quite the gathering of hardbooters. Hope to see you there. I will bring the camera this time to get some photos.

If you liked Terry and I then you should enjoy most of the guys here on Bomber, the only guy that really rubs people the wrong way here is Erwin (gdboytyler). He is quite the character. ;-) Just kidding, Erwin is a good guy too!!!

I'm in.

So, Erwin, you surf too? On the 4th we'll have to compare board quivers - of the liquid H2O type (as opposed to just the frozen H2O type). I'm heading down to Baja for a few days and then back in time for the Summit gathering on the 4th. We should talk about getting together for a surf sometime as well.

Arron, it took awhile for me to get here, I needed help from my niece setting everything up. I hate to admit it, but the computer age passed me by like a missile, but I’m coming along. I went riding this morning, but I had one of those days when not a thing goes right I couldn’t even go straight if I tried, I know the light had something to do with it. It was really flat if you know what I mean. Until the 4th or sooner, call before you dig!

Hey Richard, good to see you here. Sounds like it is going to be quite the gathering of hardbooters. Hope to see you there. I will bring the camera this time to get some photos.

My dad won't be able to ski, but he might bring me up there.

I finally got my knee in the snow on toesides. When you're reaching for your boot cuff and you're carrying some speed, that snow sure comes up quickly!

Are you familiar with a hardbooter down here named Neil? I rode the lift with him and he said he had a Hot 168 and a few other decks, and offered instruction. He was in his MH instructor jacket and stuff, but was on some big GS skis.

KC, I don't know Neil, other than the Neil here (Nekdut). If he is willing to give you some instruction, take him up on it. Terry and I found out that there is a hardboot instructor at Summit also. Ritchie is his name I think?? Is that right favdunc? KC, if you can get your pops to drag you up to Summit you would have a chance to ride with some good carvers, you can learn much in a short time.

No, it's not Nekdut. I'll definitely take him up on it though. He seemed pretty knowledgeable, definitely a good guy. Even gave me a tow on the flats! :lol:

My dad has major crunch time at work, and he ends up working 6 days, sometimes 7 a week. We will see. Perhaps my mom or brother (not that you'd want to ride with my brother...) can get me up there.

Looking forward to seeing you (at) ASSESS