Note to New Members ×

A big thanks to Dan Yoja of UPZ and also the starting gate.

bobdea

I got some UPZs from Dan with the injection foam liner(he ordered them special from austria), it was worth the wait!

I now have the best fitting boot I've ever worn. of some 12 or so pair of hard boots I've had these fit the best. these are very tight still but fit unreal.

These are the best deal I can find in this sport and is a truly high end solution. I had some ski boots fit this good but they still sucked to ride in.

The startingate gets huge props for jumping right in with a shell and foam kit they're not familiar with and getting it right on the first shot. As usual the startingate experience was super pleasant. It turns out I live right down the road from where the guy who did my boots grew up and know his best friend from childhood.

I've had great fitting boots but nothing like this!

Is the flo liner in the RC10 the same as the one in the RTR?

I hated that liner - the plastic(ish) tongue hurt like hell...ant it was a real task to get my foot in. I went with Dalbello Gold liners and will never use anything else.

(Also from startingate and Alan)

NO! :nono:

Everything is new lighter shell, 0.8 kg lighter than last year which doesn´t change the flex in different temperatures!

New liner with softer tongue:ices_ange easy to slip in and out now!

Yeah, I would have to agree, they're one of the best shops out there. I got both of my Doneks, my Cateks and my Head boots from them. It's sometimes hard to believe they are actually a ski shop. My cousin has been getting his ski equipment there for 30 years. everyone who goes there, skier or snowboarder, says they are the best.

Hello Thor, have you ever tried the regular flo liner in the RC 10!

I think not! I used the UPZ foam, and a Strolz foam liner, now I´m using the Flo liner and it´s the best liner ever!

I think you waisted your money!

On what?

Not sure what you are referring to Frank. I'm a big fan of UPZ but have never tried foam injected liners. I use the melty wraps that Bola has in his shop... not even really sure what they are (Intuition?.. something out of France). I tried the stock liners that came in my new boots (Virus Edition UPZ orange) and they didn't work for me. Is that the Flo liner you refer to?

On what?

Not sure what you are referring to Frank. I'm a big fan of UPZ but have never tried foam injected liners. I use the melty wraps that Bola has in his shop... not even really sure what they are (Intuition?.. something out of France). I tried the stock liners that came in my new boots (Virus Edition UPZ orange) and they didn't work for me. Is that the Flo liner you refer to?

Sorry Thor, that was not you I meant it was Bobdea! The endless ringing phone is eating up my brain!:smashfrea

You really all should try the new RC 10, it´s a blast!

How are the RC-10s different than the UPZ Virus Edition (orange)?

I'm definitely liking the orange ones... huge improvement over the red RSVs I was on last season.

The biggest difference is the shell its made from PA12 which doesn´t change flex in different temperatures and its about 1/2 kg lighter than the orange shell. The lines has also got totally new materials. For me its the first liner ever I could use as it is and its better than my UPZ injected and my Strolz liner!