Note to New Members ×

Buck Carving Cup

Bubba

Was wondering who was planning on attending. Knee hurts, shoulder is toast, but am looking forward to utilizing my "chin stop". Had some friends at Welch this weekend who saw Trent and Bobble, any issues? See you on Sunday.

Kenton

Hardbooters 14

Breakdown: 10 racing, 3 freecarver/supporters and 1 in skier-mode.

Weather: Raining. Overcast. Blah. Gosh we're a devoted bunch...

Big thanks go to Buck Hill/Tammy for not canceling - Was great to have support, commentary on the PA system, courseworkers/slippers, updated times on the big screen. Even though this event has been cursed by the elements THREE TIMES now.. it was still, I think, the best carving cup to date.

(Next year, maybe an evening race??)

Also big props to Super-Dave (a.k.a. Speedzilla - a.k.a. "Holmy") for setting a wicked-fun course that was not only challenging to ride, but didn't favor one line over the others.

Results:

Mens SB 17+

1- Joe

2 - Patrick

3 - Karl

4 - Trent

5 - Dave

6 - Greg

7 - Mark

SB 11-16

1 - Thomas

2 - Meghan

3 - Zach

4 - Lizz

5 - Alex

Women SB 17+

1 - Jessie

Mens Ski 17+

1 - Reed

2 - BobD

3 - Rick

Jonah - 1st in SB 10>

Claire - 1st in Ski 11-16

Sophie - 1st in Ski 10>

Ben - would love to see video footage - esp. of Jessie's spin-out. : )

.....as it was so much fun to watch. Speedzilla, please let Tammy and her staff know how much we all appreciate what they did. I didn't see how many people were at the start area, but from below it seemed like there were just as many employees involved today as there were riders. Very, very well done. As Scuff noted, the screen and announcing made all the difference. Everyone involved did an excellent job.

We'll try to get more people there next time. Hopefully they will consider a spring event.

Thanks everyone for all the fun today.

yes! big props to buck hill for having a great event, despite the weather.

i'm still laughing that dave and i kept thinking we were fighting over 3rd place. we knew the 2 silver surfers had us beat easily (karl and joe), but i forgot there was a 3rd under patrick's feet. and i kept watching patrick rip in course, checked out his td3's a few times, talked to matt a couple of times, and was even told he was racing in the 17+ group. but i still forgot about him until they gave him the silver! i know, i'm dumb.

next time, i've got to trash talk to patrick as much as i do karl, joe, and dave. maybe then i'll remember he's about to kick my ass!

nice work y'all!

-trent

i didn't capture much video footage. my battery died prematurely. not the best quality. oh well.

having problems with my laptop. for some reason i get "dropped frames" on some of the clips. it took me a couple tries to get the clips to upload into the laptop. the clip of dave has dropped frames. when i uploaded it the camera would abort right where you see the noise towards the finish of the run.

as i was trying to resolve the dropped frames my laptop flaked out and wouldn't connect to the web. then i tried my back-up pc and that was having problems. after several reboots of the laptop, the router, the modem, the backup, everything seems to be working.

so, i got one of dave, karl, bob, ben posted here on youtube.

i'll try to put a few more up tomorrow or the next day, provided that i can make it work.

i'm still laughing that dave and i kept thinking we were fighting over 3rd place. we knew the 2 silver surfers had us beat easily (karl and joe), but i forgot there was a 3rd under patrick's feet. and i kept watching patrick rip in course, checked out his td3's a few times, talked to matt a couple of times, and was even told he was racing in the 17+ group. but i still forgot about him until they gave him the silver!

Patrick was very humbled today....new board, boots and bindings....too much at one time. He's tall - but he's just not ready for a 185 board yet. :) Watching everyone else blowing away his score, he went back to his SL board for the forth run and dropped the "go fast" line and starting carving wide. It took him until the very last run to dial it in. Good edges seemed to matter as the course deteriorated. Not sure we got the wax right for the conditions.

JoeD and Scuff were best most consistently, but everyone had very good runs. Things would have been very different if the race didn't go all the way to six runs.