toddbelt

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bingo. fail.

Well, "Fail" for super leaned over carving, anyways. But I already have a tool for carving - my 325Ts, TD2s, and Coiler. I have another tool for powder - my softies and Tanker. I'm not sure what conditions the "Deuce" would be most suited for, but I don't find it totally ridiculous to have a tool for "green/blue runs in snow that is too soft for hard carves and too hard for the powder gun" (esp. considering how many people on here have 5+ carving boards, for big GS turns, little slalom turns, cruddy soft snow, narrow crowded icy slopes, hero snow, etc. ;) )

I'm not sure why I'm defending the Deuce, as I am a pretty skeptical guy, and am usually the first to think something is overcomplicated, overengineered, and impractical (and the Deuce is certainly tending towards the "too many moving parts and too much gadget" side of things). I guess, to me anyways, unlike the hang-gliding/ski hybrid with the handlebars in front of your teeth and the metal bar between your legs that you ride on your stomach with your legs suspended by ropes, or the Hyarc, or any number of wacky other ideas we've seen on here, this one doesn't seem obviously retarded. Like it looks like it would be fun to ride down green/blue runs, and it's hard to tell from looking at it, maybe also in chop or offpiste, or anything else that isn't powder.

I dunno - I sent the guy some email and am going to try to demo one. He says you can lean it over 47 degrees before the outside ski lifts up. So I won't be doing fully laid out carves with it, but you can have fun and carve on less steep stuff without leaning the edge up that far. If I can carve like this (edge angle at ~45 degrees) in softies with less ankle pressure and with more of a "buttery or powdery feeling" or whatever than I am all for trying it out anyways.

$2000 is steep though, no doubt. It would have to be pretty life changing, or come down in price.

01.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Paging Boardski...

I've tried a swing-bo, don't feel the need to buy one, there is more than a "bump" at the end of it's range of motion. As I said before, the duece would be a good high tech replacement for the swingbo in adaptive applications, think sport wheelchair. Race and basketball specific chairs can run well over $2000.

I would love to try out a sitski version. I can carve a skibike it should be easy to ride.

"He says you can lean it over 47 degrees before the outside ski lifts up. So I won't be doing fully laid out carves with it, but you can have fun and carve on less steep stuff without leaning the edge up that far. If I can carve like this (edge angle at ~45 degrees) in softies with less ankle pressure and with more of a "buttery or powdery feeling" or whatever than I am all for trying it out anyways."

+1

Way better range of motion than a swingbo

Setting up the hyarc this morning, will try it out today. Ride review with pics coming soon.

Holy elevation Batman:eek:

• 2 months later...

I dunno - I sent the guy some email and am going to try to demo one.

So, any word on your test ride? Given that you haven't posted on it again, I'm guessing either you haven't been able to lay hands on a Deuce yet, or it sucked...which was it?

So, any word on your test ride? Given that you haven't posted on it again, I'm guessing either you haven't been able to lay hands on a Deuce yet, or it sucked...which was it?

Funny you should mention it. My demo date was actually going to be tomorrow at Kirkwood, but I canceled at the last minute. I still hope to take it out for a spin some weekend in the near future.

• 6 months later...

http://www.exoticboards.com/catalog/item/6618673/6458796.htm

Not to pull this deuce thread out of the crapper, but I saw the board up on a few websites.

I believe it has merit, but without an independent swing platform and ability to bow the boards, its a skidder designed for powder.

I would not risk my life on hardpacked boilerplate or cat tracks on it. I think it would be near impossible to stop let alone stay standing up on it without being moving.

http://www.exoticboards.com/catalog/item/6618673/6458796.htm

Not to pull this deuce thread out of the crapper, but I saw the board up on a few websites.

I believe it has merit, but without an independent swing platform and ability to bow the boards, its a skidder designed for powder.

I would not risk my life on hardpacked boilerplate or cat tracks on it. I think it would be near impossible to stop let alone stay standing up on it without being moving.

Dave, could you post the links to the sites mentioned? I would like to see what the reactions were like?

The cost will definitely be an obstical to overcome.

So expensive it will be hard to get enough of them out for demo.

Which will limit it's chances of success.

Using media could be a savior , only if it can produce amazing results.

Otherwise, bound for the the "Oldsnowboards" collection a few years from now. It will be welcomed.

• 6 months later...