Note to New Members ×

Show your oldies!

BlueB

Love the shot on the Kemper!!! :1luvu:You are killin it!:eek:

That thing is a slab!! Nicely done!!!

I picked up a NOS Bullet a while back. Need to mount a few oldies up modern style again. :biggthump

Many of us still ride soft boots, so there is a certain amount of tolearance for those that have not converted yet :eplus2:;)

Burton "Max" cants? I used to use the "Min" cants on most everything , same as today. 3 front, 3 back.

GeoffV, nice airs! and layout!

I had my PJ7 out earlier this season and it's still a lot of fun to throw around. :D

OS, I always use the max cants on the rear and min or max on the front, depending on the board. It just feels comfortable to me.

Here's some shots of the stuff hanging around in the garage. Lots of good memories up there...

post-8139-141842279061_thumb.jpg

post-8139-141842279063_thumb.jpg

I'd like to pick up another Performer someday. During it's second season I loaned it to a friend and just like what had previously happened to me, both bindings pulled out with the inserts still attached. Well, not wanting to end the day early, we went to the local hardware store and bought some carriage bolts, nuts and washers and just poked holes right through the base and re-attached the bindings. Foam core rules!! ;)

PS. That's why it's mounted goofy...

I've always preferred 91X over KROQ or any of the other LA/OC stations. But it doesn't always come in clear up here in OC. I got that sticker when they had a booth setup at Snow Summit one weekend. The board it's preserved on is an old Sim's Kidwell that eventually became my trampoline board.

• 1 year later...

I thought I would add a tiptic of sorts that I scanned in on a crappy scanner.

1st pic is 1990 on a Burton Performer Elite 140. Boy were those crappy bindings!

2nd and 3rd are from 1991 on a Burton Air 163(?) which is still in my garage:)

The pics were taken at Bridger Bowl Montana, my favorite area.

**Edit - BlueB fixed it:) And a fine job at that!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Skully, you are 'da Man!. Nice knee drop and stylin' threads!!

Mark

Mark, don't be messin' with the Quicksilver shell, or I might have to pull out photos of the old Marker Wolf Mountain uniforms... :eek:

(P.S. I wore the Quicksilver jacket today, in your honor....)

• 2 weeks later...

sweet vintage shot. my first snowboard: gnu antigravity w/ lange zr (super stiff) ski boots in highbacks. was just crossing over from skiing, and hated floppy sorels, so adopted the hybrid boot / binding setup. extra points for oakley factory pilots and, of course, awesome hair.

e0c7d7ec.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Some pics from late '80's....enjoy!

Stratton Mtn...I'm still rockin' that vanity plate on my current car:cool:, but my mullet is gone :( (I'm on the left)

scan10002.jpg

Bariloche, Argentina (me in middle)

scan10003.jpg

Bariloche, Argentina

scan10004.jpg

Hunter Mtn, 72 degree day (check out the size 14 Sorels on an M8:freak3: (I think this one is from '90 or so)

scan10001.jpg

• Like 1