Note to New Members ×

Carving gurus, can you help me ID these bindings?

shawndoggy

Picture is really bad, but I'll take a crack on it:

Toe bails look like Fritchi,

Plate looks like Nitro,

Toe/heel blocks are hard to see... If they were cast aluminum, I would say definitely Nitros.

If plastic toe/heel blocks, they might be the older Snowpros.

As for Fritchis, I would say not too bad. But thhose are not the Fritchi model I used to have. The ones below are Fritchi.

Oxygens have somewhat thick plastic base plate, so I would say that's out too.

post-1678-141842263378_thumb.jpg

Sharp eye MrR.

Definitely Snowpros. He squished the gasket rubber in the strange way, but probably still ok.

I love Snowpros, got them on most of my AM and pow boards. Make sure he send's you all the canting/lifting shims and loads of screws that should come with them.

They are pretty flexy, I think the bails are a little thinner than the newer snowpro race, I wouldn't use them on a board that you want to put a lot of power into. If I had a freeride board (softboot deck), they would be fine for that. They aren't shi**y bindings, they're just not td2's,.... I mean td3's.

later,

Dave R.

BlueB, those Blax bindings bring back some memories. Had a pair blow up on me at Bachelor years ago. Caught some air off a roller under the Sunrise chair and when I landed they just exploded! When I was at a snowboard shop in town, looking for something to replace them with, one of the guys that worked there came in from a day on the mountain and started telling the clerk I was talking to about seeing someone crash and burn under the chair when his bindings blew up!

They are pretty flexy, I think the bails are a little thinner than the newer snowpro race, I wouldn't use them on a board that you want to put a lot of power into. If I had a freeride board (softboot deck), they would be fine for that. They aren't shi**y bindings, they're just not td2's,.... I mean td3's.

Yep, looks suspiciously like what Snowpro sold as the Snowpro BASE, I have a pair of those on my freeride deck. They are okay to ride but, as mr roboteye says, go easy on them : I was forever bending the bails on my pair when they were mounted on an alpine deck.