Note to New Members ×

25" at Bachelor!

Galen

That sucks. We're in the same boat at Meadows -- had about 2 feet two or three weeks ago, but now it's all gone. Yet they're claiming an 11/21 start...think they'll have to back down -- they can't even scrape together enough snow to open a park like they did last year at the beginning of the season.

Bachelor has taken down the 11/21 opening from their website. It's supposed to get cooler through the week. My prediction: repeat of last year - open on Thanksgiving, with snowmaking on T-Bird and spotty coverage on Skyliner run. Get out yer rock boards, you're gonna need 'em.

Took my dog up for a quick hike on the cone today. The wind-loaded side (north facing) was fun and worth the hike. When I got to the woods I was hitting bottom every turn, so took off the board and walked the rest of the way down.

First time I've ever done my first ru of the year on something with some picth to it :eek:

Wow, nice that you got your first turns in already. No idea when I'll be able to get up to Meadows for my first day. It's been a little warm and incredibly dry...they're at around a couple of inches of base, I think. How frustrating, especially considering that this was the year I was thinking about not buying a pass and doing some back country. My friends all bought in, so I got swept away in the enthusiasm, but now I'm thinking that maybe I should have saved that $444 after all.