Note to New Members ×

SES 09 - Let us know you'll be in Aspen!

Michelle

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pimps and Hos? A bunch of us boarders went to dinner and then the ski school prom at Vail dressed as such back in 97.One of the most fun nights out I ever had.

Steve the only problem with this idea at SES is that many dudes would have to even out the numbers in drag.....you know what I mean?

In Wisconsin it's what we would call a "Sausage party" and I don't think it would be pretty :eek:

I was thinking that we ought to turn the table on the Aspen (Ajax) snobery, and instead of being something one day, we ought to do something....something unexpected, noble / charitable, and in the process make our presence there much more welcome. Follow up last years negative press with some positive press. Not that we could build a chalet in a day but I'm sure there are opportunities, and with this talented, creative and eccentric group this should be easy, having fun in the process of course.....

I don't know if any local outfitters are equipped to help but how about getting some challenged kids out on a ski hill to ski or snowboard, e.g. with a group like the Silver Lining Foundation's Little Star program. I guess that would follow Carverchick's theme wouldn't it?

Bola, do you work with any special needs skiers, riders?

Michelle, any ideas on feasability? Practicality?

Just a thought, other ideas, comments from the forum?

I was thinking that we ought to turn the table on the Aspen (Ajax) snobery, and instead of being something one day, we ought to do something....something unexpected, noble / charitable, and in the process make our presence there much more welcome. Follow up last years negative press with some positive press. Not that we could build a chalet in a day but I'm sure there are opportunities, and with this talented, creative and eccentric group this should be easy, having fun in the process of course.....

I don't know if any local outfitters are equipped to help but how about getting some challenged kids out on a ski hill to ski or snowboard, e.g. with a group like the Silver Lining Foundation's Little Star program. I guess that would follow Carverchick's theme wouldn't it?

Bola, do you work with any special needs skiers, riders?

Michelle, any ideas on feasability? Practicality?

Just a thought, other ideas, comments from the forum?

WOW Al, way to think outside the box!

I know that SOS (Snowboard outreach society) does a lot of work with underprivelged kids, we could contact them and see if anyone is interested in learning Alpine.

WOW Al, way to think outside the box!

I know that SOS (Snowboard outreach society) does a lot of work with underprivelged kids, we could contact them and see if anyone is interested in learning Alpine.

I have my moments Michelle, I usually just pick myself up, dust myself off, and act like nothing happend. I'm not sure we could outfit first timers in alpine, but the mountain experience alone in any fashion could be cool, I could see us running toboggans down Copper Canyon, couldn't you?

Well if this idea gets any traction, please start a new thread and we'll see where it goes, who knows we may inspire some future enthusiasts, athletes, or "athletic supporters". Speaking of "athletic supporters", that reminds me that at the very least we'll help insure that we'll have the pleasure of seeing "Softbootsailer" eat his words.....on plates.

Just a suggestion for the organizers.

Last year there was no official video made, no photos posted (at least not like the previous years) and no SES2008 t-shirt.

Will there be any of these done this season?

There was a thread about the video before and most people would have no problem to have the cost of the video included in the SES package.