Note to New Members ×

SES 09 - Let us know you'll be in Aspen!

Michelle

Hi Dan,

I'll be there and of course carving hard! I'm not the greatest carver but if Vanessa wants to play in the snow with me, that would be great! I have a huge laundry list of people to play in the snow with this year, so I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again....I promise I won't cry unless the conditions are too stellar for words...LMAO :1luvu:

Michelle...Do you know if there will be a ladies clinic this year? If not, I think we should rally the girls together for a shred betty session within the session :-) Maybe we all could wear pink shirts and black snowboard pants.....:)

Any takers??

Ken's experience is exactly like mine. I learned tons, and I still learn tons each year I go back.

BUt the best thing about SES is that there are always awesome carvers who are prepared to take a few runs with the newbies and offer advice.

As for fellow beginners, my wife Vanessa will be there. She did a couple of days at last year's session and enjoyed herself. This year she will be up for riding with any fellow beginners, so you will have at least one playmate.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dan,

I think we should rally the girls together for a shred betty session within the session :-) Maybe we all could wear pink shirts and black snowboard pants.....:)

Any takers??

As you know, I'm still on the fence... but if I do make it down, I'll bring my hot pink jacket and black pants. :D

Heh, well this kinda stinks. I'll be here for the SES, but I am not going to have a pass. Bummer. I'll be stuck at the top of the hill, and once I come down there's no going back up for me.

Heh, well this kinda stinks. I'll be here for the SES, but I am not going to have a pass. Bummer. I'll be stuck at the top of the hill, and once I come down there's no going back up for me.

Hike up the milk and run tiehack, once I got on the quad, I put my classic pass away and I didn't need it until I went down to the base

mario

Guest shrederjen

I will be there at least from Tuesday night (10 Feb) until Saturday.

If I can swap a few more days, I will show up Sunday night.

I booked a bed at St Moritz (4 months ago!!).

Allee, we need to do some Tequila, for old times sake.. :D

See you all there!

Jim, I'm not arriving until Monday afternoon, so I won't be using at least one day of my ticket. I'll probably ride Tuesday to Friday, plus Saturday morning. If you want the rest of it, you are welcome to it. Send me an email or facebook message to work something out.

Badnews........ I did the math checked savings, and my tax return was not strong enough to finance a trip out west this year. Plus I have to work @ my local hill resort with a bunch of schoolgroups that week and I can't get them off.

:mad::(

Hopefully Eastern SES will be far more feaseable.

:sigh:.

Good news! I talked to a few local businesses and while I'm waiting to hear back from most, some are doing discounts for the group.

On the snowmass mall:

Fuel: 10% discount. Hands down the best place for breakfast and lunch in Snowmass. Great Paninis, bagel sandwiches, smoothies, etc. Not to mention their fantastic coffee. Plus, it's right by the RFTA bus stop, so those coming from elsewhere in the valley can hop right off the bus and grab some grub.

Gene Taylor Sports: 20% off Non-Sale Items (sans Burton). Obviously you won't be needing to rent any gear, but if you need to replace gloves, helmets, hats, whatever it may be, this is the place to go. On the village mall, also right next to the RFTA bus stop.

I'll let you know more as I hear back from people.

Good news! I talked to a few local businesses and while I'm waiting to hear back from most, some are doing discounts for the group.

On the snowmass mall:

Fuel: 10% discount. Hands down the best place for breakfast and lunch in Snowmass. Great Paninis, bagel sandwiches, smoothies, etc. Not to mention their fantastic coffee. Plus, it's right by the RFTA bus stop, so those coming from elsewhere in the valley can hop right off the bus and grab some grub.

Gene Taylor Sports: 20% off Non-Sale Items (sans Burton). Obviously you won't be needing to rent any gear, but if you need to replace gloves, helmets, hats, whatever it may be, this is the place to go. On the village mall, also right next to the RFTA bus stop.

I'll let you know more as I hear back from people.

Great tips Jim...they're in my Blackberry! :) I'd love to see (or find a previous one) a thread devoted to good, low-budget places to eat in/around Aspen and Snowmass (if such a thing as "low-budget" exists!)

Scott

BTW—not griping, just asking...will a detailed schedule for SES be posted anytime soon? (I think last year's is still there...)

BTW—not griping, just asking...will a detailed schedule for SES be posted anytime soon? (I think last year's is still there...)

Well....in between getting the last of the Fin-Tec/TD3 orders out, and getting IBEX parts on the web site, and answering aproximately 250 emails/day, plus the voice mails, Fin and I will be sitting down tomorrow to hash that out. Once it's approved by the management at the mountains, we'll post it. Hopefully beginning of next week.

Thanks for everyone's patience!

Feel the love :1luvu::1luvu:

I have a bit of a noob question. Or maybe I just don't read too good.

I'm coming with a non-boarding friend (skier only). So he doesn't need access to the demo tent, but he'll want to come along to some of the evening activities and I know I need to buy him a banquet/raffle ticket. Our transportation, lodging and lift tickets are already taken care of.

My question is this. What does the $220 "Participant" fee include that non-paying participants don't get? Is it for the demo tent and access to the evening gatherings? If I don't pay that fee, I assume I can not demo equipment, but can I (or in this case, my skier friend) still attend the non-banquet evening parties? Are there other limitations on what a paying "Participant" can do vs. a non-Participant?

Looking forward to lots of fun in Aspen in a month.

Excellent question!

If this person does not want to demo, then he/she should pay as they go. Order them lift tickets if necessary, but then just pay for the parties at the door EXCEPT the banquet - they will need to order that ticket ahead of time. We wouldn't want to turn anyone away at the door because they didn't order ahead of time.

Let me know if you have more questions about the event. See you soon!

So I have this on the schedule tentatively.

Traveling from Southern Idaho on the evening of Tuesday the 10. Leaving to return on Saturday the 14th.

Car pool anyone? Two Ravens, what's your schedule looking like?

I realize this may not work for anyone, and I don't have accomodations yet just trying to figure it out.

Floor space or couch space anyone? I cook real good. ;)

Can't wait to meet everyone there.

Mats. As a certified Burner boy, I hereby request a demo reservation of the Afterburner and Metalburner. Please. Pretty, pretty please.

:biggthump

:eplus2: See you there! 3 crazy FB-fellows coming overseas to have some beers and Germanclasses with Michelle! :lol::ices_ange

Cheers MadMax

Max - Where will you be boarding on Thursday and Friday (Feb 5 and 6)? I will arrive early for the SES and would like to ride with you guys - if I can keep up. Of course pushing your equipment until it breaks will slow you up a bit! Dan Lambert