Note to New Members ×

Santa droped by earlier this year ;-)))

JK moscraciun

Hey JK Santa must have flown over the UK to, cause he gave me one of those 163's aswell but with Visit inserts instead of Hangl.

Willywhit wrote

Stubby ? knockoff ?
not really its just a slalom board not small board with big sidecut as I understand stubby's to be. More like Kessler killer, just ask Benjamin Karl. I rode mine yesterday for the first time at an indoor snowslope and it rocks. If people are after a Kessler but are having a problem contacting them as a few posts suggest, give SG an email or call as i did, they could not be more helpfull and Sigi himself answered my technical questions. I can,t compare my Sg with Kessler kst but it rides it rides better than my kessler 162 without kst.

Stubby ? knockoff ?

I don't know what to say about the "knocking off" ore not!

but I think is unfair to compare and/ore judge snowboards only on specifications base, especially if are designed/built on two different continents!

Probably hand built snowboards within the same specification and same workshop can differ, since wood selection is involved, but again a don't know, is only my opinion!

Regarding the looks, I think that the hammerhead shape and decambered nose thing was around before the Stubby!

If I'm not wrong > on Kessler's!

If there is anybody around here whom tested both boards(stubby vs. the SG in discussion) I kindly ask them to briefly describe/compare impressions about the ride characteristics of both decks!

I don't know what to say about the "knocking off" ore not!

but I think is unfair to compare and/ore judge snowboards only on specifications base, especially if are designed/built on two different continents!

Probably hand built snowboards within the same specification and same workshop can differ, since wood selection is involved, but again a don't know, is only my opinion!

Regarding the looks, I think that the hammerhead shape and decambered nose thing was around before the Stubby!

If I'm not wrong > on Kessler's!

If there is anybody around here whom tested both boards(stubby vs. the SG in discussion) I kindly ask them to briefly describe/compare impressions about the ride characteristics of both decks!

Helo,

I wasn't trying to be a smartass, that SG is obviously a sick board. My Coiler has the low profile nose and it's pretty stubby shaped.I like the slightly wider and schtubbier.

What's up with the extra inserts ?

post-123-141842259491_thumb.jpg

Schtubby: 171cm, 155cm, 20cm, 13.1m, 4mm

this thing: 163cm, 146cm, 20.3cm, 11.8m, 20mm

Correct

the SG is a bespoke Slalom board, in fact is almost impossible to cruise on it because is incredibly turny and hooky!

On flats you constantly have to be aware and flexed otherwise your gonna hit the ground!

I talked to Sigi about this and he recommended to detune the nose if I'm not going to race the thing!

Since I already own a GS board(Kessler 185), I was interested to buy something more suitable for the Austrian steep, narrow and icy slopes, to navigate the crowds etc!

I would think with 20mm of taper, it would not be hooky at all. And 11.8m is pretty long for a 163, so it's not going to be as turny as most 163s. And with a 20.3cm waist, it's shouldn't be twitchy.

don't detune it. detuning is for rail-sliding wannabe skaters, and wimps. ;)

The board is not hooky or twitchy. I have found it easy to ride but when you commit yourself it loves to carve and carve hard. I can definitely vouch for its slalom attributes as I have just won the slalom at the World Firefighter Games.

http://www.wfg08.com/events/event_details.cfm?serID=0fe50dba-6b87-4a5a-981d-394c00fc902a&infID=results

I would think with 20mm of taper, it would not be hooky at all. And 11.8m is pretty long for a 163, so it's not going to be as turny as most 163s. And with a 20.3cm waist, it's shouldn't be twitchy.

don't detune it. detuning is for rail-sliding wannabe skaters, and wimps. ;)

It is viciously turny when I compare is to my Kessler 185 which is pure speed and acceleration! I never stated that is TWITCHY or UNSTABLE! I just pointing out that is a raceboard and is dooing pretty much what was designed for! Is not a cruiser or a lazy man board, it can kill your leg muscles in one run!

don't misunderstood me the board is amazing, is unbelievable how hard you can carve it! And the edgehold was a complete surprise for me cause before testriding the SG I demoed in the same day 2 different Virus's and 1 Pogo with roughly the same specs and I instantly ordered de SG! so ... it is a sweet board!

>I think my non-english might be a problem!

Schtubby: 171cm, 155cm, 20cm, 13.1m, 4mm

this thing: 163cm, 146cm, 20.3cm, 11.8m, 20mm

just to clarify

the numbers mean:

length,effective edge,waist width,sidecut radius,I'm stuck on the last one , tho.

correct me if I'm off on any of this.