Note to New Members ×

Drunk shopping...

Bullwings

So, in my drunken state I just bought a tanker 192 from hardbooter (exoticboards is all sold out).

I hope I made a good choice. My other drunken option was a 171 ATV here from Bomber, but I couldn't stand the new maple leaf design (nothing again you Canadians out there - if it was the old blak and gray with the single red leaf, I wouldn't have much of a problem).

Hope I mad the the right choice. oh well, When i get up tomoorow, i'll realize my stupidity. haha, at least i didn't buy another longboard. can't wait till mid december rolls around.

so, quick question. if you were drunk (or sober would be better actually), which would you have gotten? '05 192cm tanker or 171 atv (here from bomber, no customizing). $400 and $600 respectively from hardbooter and bomber.

Both are great boards, you wouldn't go wrong either way. It boils down to what you wanted to do more. Tanker is beter in pow, chop, slush, very soft groom and is a smoother ride. ATV holds better edge on hard/icy snow, quicker edge to edge, and it's easier to flick around trees and tight spaces. Tanker will allow you to ride slightly lower angles on soft boots, if that's of concern at all.

Btw, I prefer the old maple leaf design too, by far.

Now, that I'm sober, things still seem ok.

As far as both boards are concerned, I liked them both (had a 182 tanker - now broken, and still have a 161 ATV - giving to my bro).

This tanker is only 7mm thicker than an ATV, which should definitely be nice (242mm). New tanker is 255 for the thinnest one.

Definitely liked both boards, just wished the tanker was thinner, so this should work out. As for the ATV, it would have been $800 if I wanted to get a non-'08 maple leaf design - not worth it. I'll mainly be using this board with softies anyway. I have my FCI to use plates with.

So, in short $400 was a steal as far as I'm concerned. It's the most economical snowboard I've gotten in 5 purchases.

the rest of my quiver?? The rest of my quiver is broken... :lol:

Right now, the only functional snowboards i have are an ATV 161 and a Donek FCI 171. I have a Tanker 182 with a crack in the base going along the length of the board about a foot long or so - the design in the base has also rippled out (it's an '07-'08). It can probably still be ridden for a bit, but it wouldn't be wise.

for those of you wanting narrower tankers, perhaps if a mess of you begged rad air or one of their distributors to do a custom run with a narrower waist it might happen.

Rad air is a small company, they might do it if they got a commitment of a certain number of boards.

I'm not a fan of riding them with plates but with the FR2s I am all over it!