Note to New Members ×

Why literature class and other squishy BS subjects never made sense to me...

Jack M

I always wished I could pull the author of whatever book we were discussing into the classroom so they could tell my teachers they were FOS.

And now here's some proof... I just came across this Douglas Adams quote on how there is actually no significance to the number 42.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Answer_to_Life,_the_Universe,_and_Everything

Douglas Adams was asked many times during his career why he chose the number 42. Many theories were proposed, but he rejected them all. On November 3, 1993, he gave an answer on alt.fan.douglas-adams:

"The answer to this is very simple. It was a joke. It had to be a number, an ordinary, smallish number, and I chose that one. Binary representations, base thirteen, Tibetan monks are all complete nonsense. I sat at my desk, stared into the garden and thought '42 will do.' I typed it out. End of story."

LMFAO.

Mr. Adams did not in his conscious self know the reason, but theere was one, and thus 42 has a guiding principle in my life.

next you'll try to tell me that there is no significance to the "33" in the Rolling Rock credo...

I once drank 33 rocks trying to figure out the meaning...i had it for a moment then lost it when i sobered up.

I once drank 33 rocks trying to figure out the meaning...i had it for a moment then lost it when i sobered up.

after 33 rolling rock it would take longer than a moment to sober up

33 is a more important number than 42 for me though:1luvu:

Rolling Rocks sucks since Bud bought them

Maybe Bud's new owner will fix things. Belgians are verry particular with their beer

quick wiki check....

damn I guess that was about the time I started drinking Cottrell and I was spared the horror of a Rolling Bud. Maybe Inbev will return the 33 to Latrobe

even better! My psycho poetry teacher telling my what my own poetry meant!?!!! and then telling me how to get my point across better, or was it his point? anyway college profs are mostly morons in my experience.:biggthump

won't happen... sam adams is already using the brewery.

With the announced sale of Budweiser to Belgium-based InBev.....

it appears now that Sam Adams will be the largest US based brewery, followed by Yuengling and then Sierra Nevada.

http://www.therimofhell.com/2008/07/14/budweiser-being-sold-sam-adams-to-be-largest-american-brewery/

Sammy kinda IS the Bud of the "micro beer" world already.....

$50 Billion:rolleyes:

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/080713/anheuser_inbev.html

InBev, which was formed by the 2004 merger of Belgium's Interbrew with Brazil's AmBev, is based in Belgium and run by a mostly-Brazilian management team.

someday, Brazil will rule the world

won't happen... sam adams is already using the brewery.

Smart Sam Adams

something I've noticed recently, the beer I regularly drink is brewed using the same water that comes from my tap. When I drink other beers the first thing I notice is that something is off...it passes and i enjoy the beer but it's odd that I really notice the taste right off