Note to New Members ×

hows sunday work for anyone?

big mario

Taking another weekend off. :(

Hopefully be back on the hill on the 12th or 13th, maybe both. Need to get some time in on the bike before then to get some strength back.

You had strength?:p

looking foward to your triumphant return

mario

sun: barely

groom: soft, no f2 today, lots of mushy piles all over the place, no groom on spillway,richards closed til' 11 for race practice, deep( for a carve board) on drifter, flat light everywhere

weather: January but 10 degress warmer and a little less windy

crowds: kook-o-rama fest every where

comments: Pete and I pissed off the full-faced jibberator by leaving some deep trenches in the park ( you know the guy , yellow jacket, fullfaced helmet, pops out of the woods by reload without looking, sideslips everything off of one) ironically, he said we where ruining the terrain park. Gave me a giggle or two, and I ran into woodwork money in the parking lot.

He broke his ribs the first day he tried carving, and decided to stay on soft gear for the rest of the winter, still wants to try carving, most likely next season

bottom line: not much was missed, see you next weekend!

mario

Hey guys, I went to Breck w/ Accidental and his two friends from Indiana.

3" of sweet cream on top of the groomed. 1st 6 or 7 runs were great. Carving conditions were about the same as you guys had. Rode the Yama for the first time in a month. Sweet ride. I'll be closing Copper and Vail next sat /sun. Poss. family the following weekend

Don

Feed the addiction...

Was a good time at Breck for sure. I made it til 3:30, legs are toast today. Yesterday was the first day I felt good on the WCR. I had to just keep it pointed downhill more and trust it to be stable at speed, and make the big turns the 14m sidecut wants to make. Mostly, though, I felt good on the board because of all the advice I got last week from Ink, Monodude, and Mario. HUGE public thanks to you guys. I feel like I learned as much in a day riding with you guys as I'd have figured out in a season riding alone.

Don, my friends were pretty impressed with your riding. They were talking about it the rest of the day. Hopefully they end up moving out here next year and we can talk them into trying a mono, skwal, alpine board, or anything more interesting than skis. :biggthump

Mostly, though, I felt good on the board because of all the advice I got last week from Ink, Monodude, and Mario. HUGE public thanks to you guys. I feel like I learned as much in a day riding with you guys as I'd have figured out in a season riding alone. :biggthump

Glad we could help move your riding along. Keep riding with us = keep improving. It is pretty simple if you look at it that way. We will even throw in some fun to keep things light. :)

Ink