Note to New Members ×

MHM/T-line/skibowl March 12-16

queequeg

I'm gonna be staying at cooper spur and hitting a few mt.hood resorts soon with a few friends (softbooters, somewhat inexperienced softbooters).

Weds: MHM

Thurs: MHM

Fri: T-line/rest day in PDX.

Sat: T-line

Sun: skibowl

Sounds like you know your way around Mt Hood?

Email me your phone number?

Lot's of locals still "Hittin it", just not me:rolleyes:

Some helpful local links

Sorry Guys, I watched this thread for a few days and thought I had no interest and then forgot to keep checking it.

Yes - April, I'm flying in this Tuesday night.

Bryan - I lived in Portland for four years so I am (somewhat, though not terribly) familiar with Mount Hood.

Jim - our plans are tentative, if the magic mile and palmer aren't open, we will probably skip tline and go to meadows instead. I've never actually ridden the lower through-the-woods parts of tline, but as I understand it, they're not very exciting.

Will email cell #s.

Hey Thanks Bryan. Yeah - I hear the snowpack is nuts on Mt.Hood. My college girlfriend and her husband got snowed into their cabin a little while ago for three days or something!

Hey, I (may) need some minor bootfitting help and I'm hoping to get it done quick on the way to the mountain in Sandy on maybe wedsnesday morning. Any suggestions? I don't think its a major operation, The heel area in my liner has packed out paper thin and I have a bony heel in the first place. I don't want to re-mold the liners, so I just want to put some foam behind them in the boot. Any place I can get that done?

The closest place to the mountain where you *might* be able to get some bootfitting done is Hillcrest in Gresham. It's right on your way out of town. Don't go to anyplace in Sandy. Unless it's new within the past 3 years.... I lived there and none of the ski shops in town that were left when I moved away three years ago were any good. Your best bet might be right at MHM.

If you're going to be in Portland at all The Mountain Shop at 628 NE Broadway has a great bootfitting dept. with super-friendly, knowledgable staff. Their phone number is: (503) 288-6768.

I and many skier friends have had great experiences with their work.

Cheers,

Tim

If you're going to be in Portland at all The Mountain Shop at 628 NE Broadway has a great bootfitting dept. with super-friendly, knowledgable staff. Their phone number is: (503) 288-6768.

I and many skier friends have had great experiences with their work.

Cheers,

Tim

I remember that shop. Our plan is to stay at the airport and then drive to the mountain straight from there so for now, there are no plans to go into portland. May head into town on friday and I could conceivably get it done then. Sounds like MHM might be my best option from what Mike T is saying.

Thanks all!

I remember that shop. Our plan is to stay at the airport and then drive to the mountain straight from there so for now, there are no plans to go into portland. May head into town on friday and I could conceivably get it done then. Sounds like MHM might be my best option from what Mike T is saying.

Thanks all!

I'd second the recommendations for both Hillcrest ski and Sports on your way to Hood and the Mountain Shop in town. I got my boots molded at the Mountain Shop, and they did a great job. Meanwhile, Hillcrest does the factory tunes for Tinkler boards, which is a pretty good endorsement of their skills.

Hillcrest opens at 7 a.m. so you might be able to get to them on your way up the hill. If not, give them a shot on the way down.

I'd second the recommendations for both Hillcrest ski and Sports on your way to Hood and the Mountain Shop in town. I got my boots molded at the Mountain Shop, and they did a great job. Meanwhile, Hillcrest does the factory tunes for Tinkler boards, which is a pretty good endorsement of their skills.

Hillcrest opens at 7 a.m. so you might be able to get to them on your way up the hill. If not, give them a shot on the way down.

Cool. Sounds like hillcrest or the mountain shop is the place to go. Prolly end up going to the mountain shop since' its downtown and hey, isn't it right next door to that ancient divey strip bar ... Marys Spot? I've got a temporary fix in, as I managed to get some bootfitters foam today in order to fill in the gaps and such around the hot point. Think I should be ok like that for a few days until friday when I can head into town and get it professionally dealt with. Thanks!

Heading to MHM tomorrow am and there has been 5" new this evening . I will take a few pictures and give a report . I work thru fri but could ride anywhere on saturday. Let us know where are going at the end of the week.

Jim

Cool! thanks for the ride report! I'll keep this thread posted with my wherabouts, as long as I have cell reception or can find some internet access.

Here the report for today.... Its was super windy at MHM with 55mph gusts and it was cold. Nice 8" of new powder fell but was pushed around in the wind over bullet ice . It was really warm a few days ago and everything melted and now is refrozen quite hard. There were some good stashes of pow on the right aspects enhanced by the wind but you could feel the hard stuff below. Rode Hood river express today mostly to stay out of the wind!

Tomorrow will be much better and I forgot I traded a shift with a friend and will ride MHM in the am . 4" new today will more on the way and sun in the am . If they open cascade it will be sweet. I will give you a call in the am on the way...

Jim

Thanks for the ride report man! Ok ... I'm going to try and sway the group towards meadows tomorrow. My cell is 917,776.8286. We will probably show up late as we have some preparatory errands to take care of beforehand, I'm guessing around 11am.

Nice riding with you Jim. The rest of the trip was totally great, with the exception of friday which was pretty brutal.

Bryan - I got your message re: beers and waxing. Thanks for the invite - I was staying out at cooper spur so I couldn't make it in (and my phone died halfway through the trip). Otherwise I would have tried to make it out for some hardbooter brotherhood.

cheers!

Bryan - I got your message re: beers and waxing. Thanks for the invite - I was staying out at cooper spur so I couldn't make it in (and my phone died halfway through the trip). Otherwise I would have tried to make it out for some hardbooter brotherhood.

cheers!

Taught some new riders the basics of waxing their new boards, getting them ready for the storms. I really enjoy having more space to do this type of impromptu get together. Look forward to more in the future. Nothing like talking "Snowboarding" with good beer, good friends and surrounded by oldsnowboards!!

Bryan, did you get the other boards I sent you (bepop, wild duck, erbacher, etc)? Hope your recovery is going well. I am still out for another month at minimum as my ankle/fibia is still not healed.

cheers,

sandy

Bryan, did you get the other boards I sent you (bepop, wild duck, erbacher, etc)? Hope your recovery is going well. I am still out for another month at minimum as my ankle/fibia is still not healed.

cheers,

sandy

Hi Sandy, Yes, they arrived in great shape as a result of your diligence in packaging. They were on display for the guys. The Moss definitely gets allot of attention. Thanks. Nice adds to the Japanese division of the collection.

I am afraid I am still on crutches. Slow going but at least I can start to load it. Man I hate crutches!! Heal fast my friend. I now have a place for you to stay, although it is still pretty primative. Bryan

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone I just joined bomber. I was at Timberline on Sunday and they had palmer open I had a great time. This is my first year boarding and with the help of buddy I hope to join you all soon. If anyone is up at timberline on the May 7 I'll be there.