Note to New Members ×

How's the snow holding up?

bobble

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in my yard is disappearing fast... better come today. :p

yeah, how's giants ridge, spirit, or granite peak?

-trent

yeah, when i left for work yesterday my front yard had snow.

came home and 80% of my yard is showing grass. unbelievable.

Its been disappearing fast here in Madison. I'm headed to Wausau this weekend to check in on my hunting cabin and my uncle who lives there said he got his 4-wheeler stuck trying to get back there and that they still have about 24 inches coverage out in the woods. I would think the hill would have at least that much, but who knows what this warm weather will do over the next few days.

You probably don't really care about the lower peninsula much, but it seems to be holding up fine at Crystal Mtn. Though we've had a warm spell this week. They're having the slush cup and jiggle jump this weekend which only reminds us that the season is almost over. Hopefully they can pull another half dozen weekends out of their hat or some other part of their body.

seems to be holding up well - got warm enough yesterday to be soft and sticky, but cold enough last night to set up again. Today wasn't as warm and the forecast for early next week is possible snow....

I'm thinking about heading up to Giant's Ridge next Friday; I'd guess that it's holding well up there too.

I'm out of town next Monday - Wednesday, but can do an update once I get back if anyone's interested in heading up this way!

Spirit Mtn is (still planning) to be open through last weekend in March so anyone heading up to take advantage of one of the longer runs in the State that fits well for carvers (or want-to-be pretenders like me) should make the trip. Snow as of today was in good shape. Post here if you are coming up over the next few weekends. Russ or I are usually out each weekend.

20" new last 48 hours. Had to ride the tele skis last two days. Too soft for silver surfer. Today should be good carving on lower mtn. Exlnt base all over CO and UT. Should be good for Nat'ls at Copper in two weeks.

uhhh... yeah, just rub it in.

isn't being helped by weenies in co! thanks for the update silver surfer, but this is a midwest thread. leave us to our misery!

and um, have fun. make some turns for us. and i'd love to hear about your trip, but not until april. :D

-trent

Duluth area foecast:

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph.

Sunday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. South wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Monday: A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 34. South wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.

Monday Night: A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 23

Tuesday: A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.

Tuesday Night: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.

Wednesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 36.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.

Thursday Night: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.

Scuff, I plan on being on the Hill Saturday, most likely early, and will also be on the Hill Sunday morning as I work a Mt. Host Shift. I run laps on four pipe and side hills either side of Four pipe exclusively so you know where to find me. Best regards,

12:00 soft

2:00 really soft

4:00 slush

The snow was good this AM, but got really soft by the

late afternoon. There appeared to be a reasonable base on the hills by chairs 1,2,3. I am not sure how long it will last at the current temps. It should be ok through the weekend.

Eric