Note to New Members ×

A Happy Day!

cafercr35

Just got my new Metal Coiler:

It the best one!!!!

"It is actually a custom template done for the metal construction as the rounded tail gives the boards a bit more lateral stiffness across the tail. It is based on a 180 Racecarve but had the contact length shortened to 159cms from 162. So it really is a 180 metal racecarve

180 x 18.8 x 11.5m x 159 contact. Quite turny as I will soon find out"

--------------------Quoted from Bruce himself -----------------------------Can't wait to test it out this weekend!!!:ices_ange

Enjoy!

post-1559-141842253891_thumb.jpg

post-1559-141842253894_thumb.jpg

Cafer

Sweet!!!! I am in process with bruce right now for a build.

Any taper on it?

You still gonna take it out in the rain this weekend?

I should be out as long as it isnt cats and dogs.

I was out for lunch today. It was good to above average, fast!!!

Do you still wanta set of my plates, I see you have a set? If you do Do you want them that shape or more square? Need width of board at you binding placement.

Cafer

Sweet!!!! I am in process with bruce right now for a build.

Any taper on it?

You still gonna take it out in the rain this weekend?

I should be out as long as it isnt cats and dogs.

I was out for lunch today. It was good to above average, fast!!!

Do you still wanta set of my plates, I see you have a set? If you do Do you want them that shape or more square? Need width of board at you binding placement.

Bruce is a great guy - I rode with him at the 06 SES.....good luck with your order.....are you selling any of the Pogos, or just adding to the quiver?

As for the plates - I found a thin pc of plexi I am going to try replace the rubber with - let's hold off and see how it works.

I plan on doing Blue on Sunday -forecast is for sun and clouds but no rain. It would be really hard to leave it home. Is there any bare spots? that would defintely change my mind.

Can't wait for Sunday!!!!

hey there, I highly suggest getting the catek d3 elastomers to go under those OS 2s, they make the binding feel softer on metal boards. Softer is better when it comes to metal for most people.

yes - good lookin out - they are on order - due in a couple days - Thanks!

If I'm not mistaken this board started with my RC 180, I asked bruce to build a 180 RC metal last year, he decided on round tail modification to reduce the effictive lenght and give stiffness to the tail since I was a tall and skinny dude. I wanted a super Turny board for the narrow runs on the ice coast that could hold the some serious ice.

you'll love it... that thing can turn , buckle up, it will surprise you. As soon as you angle the board a little it goes !

Enjoy

1940764130_80a6bed2dd.jpg?v=0

If I'm not mistaken this board started with my RC 180, I asked bruce to build a 180 RC metal last year, he decided on round tail modification to reduce the effictive lenght and give stiffness to the tail since I was a tall and skinny dude. I wanted a super Turny board for the narrow runs on the ice coast that could hold the some serious ice.

you'll love it... that thing can turn , buckle up, it will surprise you. As soon as you angle the board a little it goes !

Enjoy

Thanks E for the use of you template - also thanks for the assurance that Bruce actually knows what he's doing ;-)

I will let u know how it goes

One bare spot and it is under the six pack in the lower board park, no worries,.

Razor and everything else is wide open and hope crowds dont show and they decide on some spring cleaning. some folks may be coming down from north jersey too to carve.

I saw ernie's board at ECES, what a gem!!!! BADA$$!!!! It was one of the boards I saw that is making me get a new metal coiler. Ernie would you mind posting your specs because I am wrestling a bit with what i am going to order. what do you weigh? And what program did you use for your custom topsheet. I have a friend of mine working on the customgraphics for me. those are some eye popping graphics you did especially in person.

So is that a cancel on the plates you wanted me to make? I bought the material, I will just make a new set for when the Coiler arrives. I'd stay away from plexi, stick with lexan or wait for the other plates.

As far as the POGO's , that will all be dependent on how many longboard skate decks I build and sell this summer. I have about 6 pre-orders. If I dont earn enough extra cash, then some of the whole quiver will go.

were you the one on the Blitz at ECES this year? How much would that go for?:ices_ange

As far as the POGO's , that will all be dependent on how many longboard skate decks I build and sell this summer. I have about 6 pre-orders. If I dont earn enough extra cash, then some of the whole quiver will go.

I have never tried longboard....but on a nice day couple weeks back I was driving home from work on a country road(slightly sloping down)....and in front of me was this guy just carvin out the road...I follow behind in my truck about 1/2 mile.....he stop at a mini cooper at the bottom. He had a longboard and his girl would drive him around, find a nice slope and meet him at the bottom..

I need to try this. How expensive is a startin deck....do you have anything available to give a try.

I usually scratch the carving the itch with my crotchrocket - i would like to give this longboard thing a shot too

Joe

I got back into skating last summer and it tremendously help keep the rust, boredom off and the muscles twitching for the snow season. I even found myself desiring skating this winter instead of carving.. My wife wouldn't let me buy the deck I wanted so she approved the building and about 10 boards later, i have it down to a pretty good process. One set back is my laser engraver guy went out of business. Part of my marketing was to put custom laser engraving on each board, now its just back to building decks. My wife wont follow me, she gets too nervous, especially when I do DH. Top speed last summer was 51 mph, looking for 60+ this summer.

Search "mother road" on BOL for a hill I did this past summer. I started carving and then got the downhill speed bug, so I bought leathers. JBS and I have some local hills we do here, but there are some goos ones in NJ. I am looking to build a slalom deck for him and I to do some cones this summer. I suprised JBS with a speed deck for his Birthday at ECES the night of the banquet.

I could get you on a custom built deck for about $90, then add cost of decent trucks, bearing s and wheels. dont forget pads too, well worth. you need to of course accept responsibility in riding it and hold me harmless.

POW- yea that was me on the pea green pogo, Stowe was slightly tight for what that thing likes to run. i had it at blue yesterday and it was just eating up with speed and big open arcs. It can be pushed for tighter stuff, but it is a machine. As far as price, looking at $650 shipped or something in that area.

Cafer that's a very nice RC. I just put an order with Bruce for a metal

RC 175 x 20 x 11.5 SCR. But I am hesitating, now I see this board with these specs. Very nice. Just give a review soon. I am looking for a forgiving turny RC for the crowdy icy steeps too.

Hans

From what I learned on the Coiler Metals is that they will still turn on a dime with large SCR, becuase of the metal. I was on a RC 180 15-16-15 SCR metal of bruces at ECES and it did whatever I wanted it to do. My Riot Velocity has a 14 SCR and it need s agood bit of room to run. I thought it would take more room to let the RC180 run, but it reminded me of a buttery smooth MADD 158. Small arcs. big arcs. laid out stuff, adjustment in mid turns.

If you have more open terrian you may consider a larger SCR. It will turn tight with a little nudging.

I cant wait to see Cafer on his this weekend. I will get full specs this weekend Cafer

I have just sold my nonmetal RC 180II. I am looking for a board to fill up the gap between my metal Coiler Schtubby X2 (171 x 20 x 13 SCR) and my Metal Tinkler 202 system (just about 14 - 15 SCR). The Schtubby is a real funboard but i have the experience with this board that it sometimes reaches its limits at very high speeds. I noticed that I can turn the Schtubby rather small but not that small so a board with a smaller sidecut and more stability at the higher speeds is welcome. Looking forward the review of this nice metal RC 180 with rounded tail.

post-105-141842253953_thumb.jpg

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!

It was 25 degrees and the surface was rock hard......I never once skidded out. I was lying them down like it was a free powder groomer....the only marks on the runs were mine....and the were deep trenches.

Had a couple people ask if I had razors for edges.

I am speechless - if you haven't been on a Coiler Metal - put it at the top of the list.....Chubz/JBS your right - I am no longer the same person I was before I rode this board.

Bruce is the man!