Note to New Members ×

Are Deeluxe Lemans too soft flexing?

brice540iit

Not to soft in my opinion. For me, stiffness was controllable by the tightness of the straps. CInched tight, little flex - a bit looser modest flex/play.

I do have race tongues which perhaps adds to the equation but my two cents regardless.

Having ridden ski boots lemans boots and now the susaka boot you might try the sususka. Ski boots are only good for groomed snow only and force you to ride steeper angles unless you have small feet. Also ski boots do not work well if you want to ride mellower angles because they don't flex properly for snow boarding. When I was using the ski boots I was running 60 degrees on both feet. Now I can run mellower angles on a wider board and have more leverage and stabilty with the snow board boot. The susuka boot is stiffer than the lemans and will allow you to put more power into your turns. You can customize the flex and foward lean better with bts as well. The bts also lets the boot flex about the same in cold or warm weather. I think bts allows a smoother ride becuase of the shock absorbing ability of the springs.

I really can't reccomend ski boots, kind of a if you have to ask they are not for you situation

they are longer requiring higher angles, too stiff for most riders and most need some serious mods to make them work for most people because they rob you of most of your flexibility. this seriously impacts most people's riding AND their bodies.

I can and have made ski boots work in the past but by the time I was done with them I'd of saved time, effort and money by ponying up and buying a decent snowboard specific boot in the first place. Most riders are not really capable of these things be it the time factor, knowledge or other issues so I disagree with suggesting ski boots.

the lemans is really not a great boot IMHO if you go deeluxe go with the suzuka or indy

Ski boots have their place, but not in freecarving.

I used flexons in competition. When I came back to hardboots after a few years off and a major injury (torn achilles) I started in ski boots because I wanted the stiffest boot possible to support my ankle...

I quickly moved from ski boots to 325's (pretty much the stiffest hardboots I've tried) and then to Heads - Because 1) my ankle got stronger and 2)I found that Heads just felt more comfortable on my feet and shins and the softer boot allowed be the freedom to stay locked into a carve rather than having my old race roots kick in...stiff boots like ski boots are good for hopping, jamming, and skidding (a little) between gates...but they kinda suck for long days of big arcs...

I haven't had any coffee yet so if that doesn't make sense blame the lack of caffeine

The lemans would be to soft for you.

Look to The new 700 (Bts add on, allows you to set flex to your preferance but may take some tinkering)

Also the indys are a great choice if you find some used.

I like the flex of the upz also the are similiar to the fires in flex but also have several adjustments that allow you to tune the boot how you would like.

The difference between the reactors and lemans is huge. Perhaps with some rivets and a race tounge you could make the boot work.

Heck with work many boots could be made to work for your weight.

Ski boots are a bit old school and take more work to make work well.

I would only ride them if there where no other options.

Good luck!

I just wanted to add that boots are the most important part of the whole system, i would spent money on boots before anything else....

UPZ versus LeMans - my UPZ's are softer. In fact, I will be selling my LeMans because I don't ride them anymore since the switch to UPZ's. Of course, I'm not riding at all now with the broken leg.

The UPZ's are the Virus team edition in case you would like to comment. I love their flex but they are softer

UPZ versus LeMans - my UPZ's are softer. In fact, I will be selling my LeMans because I don't ride them anymore since the switch to UPZ's. Of course, I'm not riding at all now with the broken leg.

The UPZ's are the Virus team edition in case you would like to comment. I love their flex but they are softer

It all depends how you have the UPZ's set up That the joy of a adjustable spring and the benifit of BTS on deeluxe gear), And wether they are orange, black, yellow, red, and have the gray or black tounge. Plus differnt years of the virus edition have differnt flex. The reds are the softest.

Plus the fore- aft flex vs, the side flex are different due to the tounge vs overlap construction.

Also what binding you are placing the boot in changes the system.

The stiffest boot in the UPZ production line is snowboard boot stiff. I think Last years boot with the gray tounge may be the stiffest currently. But last year Deeluxe gave several dealers the option to create any stiffness they wanted, Fin and I threw around the Idea of making a Bomber-Hardbooter flex but decided the market for such a monster may be to small. The reason I mention this is becuase perhaps a Dealer in europe may have had some boots made to their specs, in a stiffer version, I also have some UPZ protos that are stupid stiff almost unridable to the regular rider, I know there were over 2 size runs of these boots, most of them are yellow in color. O