Note to New Members ×

how to remove a stomp pad

Noah

I've used my wife's hairdryer to remove a few. It takes a while and leaves residue from the old pad. I've never tried to remove the residue...I was simply applying a different style pad. Just work from one end and keep prying with steady pressure. It'll come off.

Miguel

Goo Gone (citrus) does a good job cleaning off the adhesive once you get pad itself off.

As far as getting the pad itself off, a hairdrier level of heat would probably allow you to carefully pry it off without damaging the board.

I had those little individual metal star's as my stomp pad... they looked so cool, until I just noticed that there's only 1 left :(

________

VAPORIZER HOMEMADE

Noah, are you going to put on that pink butterfly stomp pad that they gave us at the USASA nationals? I've got one sitting at home if you want it! I'll even ship it out to you if you'll put it on your new board! It's either that or stick it on one of my buddies boards while they're not looking.:eplus2:

Tried to remove my last foam stomp pad with a paint scraper and the whole thing disintegrated.

Ended up using goo-gone, and a credit card to remove the sticky mess. Ugh..

Using a hairdryer first is a great idea!

pink butterfly stomp pad

Ha ha ha.. Along with pink butterfly stomp pads, they were also handing out stickers

with a grenade and the word "Gloves" - after a little Cut-n-paste, mine read "Love GS."