Note to New Members ×

1st Generation Burton Air (circ 1983-84)

Guest 1stAIR

Thanks for reminding me "webmaster" - Holidays and all.

So a few of you asked for pictures. Here ya go.

A picture is worth a thousands words...

Sorry dude- no movie- Warren Miller, is in ummm ...Aruba,...(rolls eyes)

Though in rethinking-

I really cannot remember when in the eighties that was.

I smoked copious amounts during the 1980's.

I am sure you guys will be far more accurate then I when

I was at Stratton Anyway- pristine condition.

Except for dust and muck from 2 decades of storage.

( the lines in the mirror are on the glass not the board.)

thanks,

safe travels --

1stAir

oteyokwa@aol.com

post-6529-141842244809_thumb.jpg

post-6529-141842244811_thumb.jpg

post-6529-141842244813_thumb.jpg

+1

i would love to see video of you ripping on the board you aren't selling.

- My thoughts exactly!

I would settle for just a pic not clipped off the 'net somewhere (ie shot w/ current newspaper frontpage in pic) - that would answer a lot of questions right there...

this has troll all over it

where's D-Sub when you need him?

:lurk:

• 2 weeks later...
i used to out carve guys in hardboots on the early burton air (purple one with air in red) that thing was one of the best boards i ever owned!!!!

I had the prototype to that model. I don't know if you remember, basically same graphic only mine was torqouse with purple lettering. Mine also had a glossy finish on the top sheet, yours was textured. That was 89.

The AIR at least goes back to 86, and I had an 84 performer with metal edges.

The air was a prototype in early 1988 and was on the market for 88 - 89 season. I was in Breckenridge during the 88 World Cup (or whatever they called it then) and my friend Winston was on the prototype that he had borrowed from another friend on the B-Team. I don't think Airs existed in 86.

The air was a prototype in early 1988 and was on the market for 88 - 89 season. I was in Breckenridge during the 88 World Cup (or whatever they called it then) and my friend Winston was on the prototype that he had borrowed from another friend on the B-Team. I don't think Airs existed in 86.

When I said I owned a prototype, it wasn't a first generation prototype. It was a prototype for that year. I can trace it back model by model to at least 86. The Burton "Chill" video was out in 1989 and the ketchup and mustard mystery air was predominantly in the video. That was the same year the "AIR" had the purple with red lettered AIR down the top sheet. (the year I had the prototype for and my graduation year from highschool, not a year I'd forget easily) The year before that the AIR was black with a white B offcenter on the nose with some noisy graphics along with it, and finally the AIR that is pictured in the first post was the original and would actually be from 1987.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...