Note to New Members ×

OT - Kerry snowboards

gawdzira

Did anyone else see that picture of John Kerry on a snowboard in Utah? I saw it in the LA Times this morning.

He may be in softies and have terrible form but he had good angulation.

Clinton could play the Sax. Bush can...who knows? And Kerry can almost carve a turn.

alan

Thanks for sharing it Jack. He didn't look too bad on the board. For a 60 year old (DOB 12/11/43) he looked pretty good. Have to admire the fact that he can bend down to use conventional bindings. I find step-ins (Burton Physic) a godsend at my age.

P.

Originally posted by patmoore

Thanks for sharing it Jack. He didn't look too bad on the board. For a 60 year old (DOB 12/11/43) he looked pretty good. Have to admire the fact that he can bend down to use conventional bindings. I find step-ins (Burton Physic) a godsend at my age.

P.

Hmm. I'd say he's doing well if he can count his days on a board with two hands. Otherwise there are some older chaps here who can rip.

Originally posted by Jack Michaud

Hmm. I'd say he's doing well if he can count his days on a board with two hands. Otherwise there are some older chaps here who can rip.

I feel kind of silly for not remembering names, but there was a guy at the SES, who was almost 80, and was laying down some beautiful arcs. These weren't on green circles either! I only saw him at Buttermilk, but he was truly an inspiration.

Originally posted by Sean

Big woop- my grandma can fly a jet.

Show me a candidate who can rip some rail to rail arcs and maybe throw in a little air for good measure, and he ( or she) has my vote...:cool:

your grandma can fly a jet?! that rules.... does she warn you about turning 'this jet around if you don't stop misbehavin!'?

;)

Originally posted by skategoat

Kerry is also one hell of a hockey player. Played on the U of New Hampshire team if I'm not mistaken. Hockey builds character. Baseball builds prima donnas.

Although I am a hockey fun (New Jersey Devils rule!), I have to admit that hockey not only builds character, but also knocks out some teeth.

You know how it sounds funny when they argue, threaten each other or curse without dentures ;)

Try to figure it out :D

Kent, You don't have to choose. I really don't understand why people think it has to be one or the other. I still ski. I kiteboard too AND I still windsurf.Do you play golf OR tennis? I'll never ride those damn softboots ever again....unless there's 2 feet of fresh pow..then well, maybe I will.:rolleyes: