Note to New Members ×

Glove reviews?

Carp

Anyone have or tried the Manzella "Beast"? I just ordered a pair for a pretty decent price from another vendor. They look pretty beefy and warm. Here's hoping. If anyone has any reviews I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Here's a site that still has 'em.

http://www.nextag.com/561430097p/zz2zB4z23/prices-html?nxtg=6d8d0a240512-1B67F5275698382F

Guest GQuentin
Anyone have or tried the Manzella "Beast"? I just ordered a pair for a pretty decent price from another vendor. They look pretty beefy and warm. Here's hoping. If anyone has any reviews I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Here's a site that still has 'em.

http://www.nextag.com/561430097p/zz2zB4z23/prices-html?nxtg=6d8d0a240512-1B67F5275698382F

Let me know how they are after some use. I am in the market for some gloves or mittens. Thanks,

Quentin

Check out the Tom & Joel featured here

http://www.thundercloudmarketing.com/Page17.htm

These gloves are the bomb. I have burned through gloves in a single day before. I have about 30 days in these without any noticeable wear of any kind. Pretty phenomenal as I really like to grind the snow sometimes.

The fingers kind of stick together, a little less now. they are also a bit thin which suits me fine as I run hot and always take my gloves off on the chair, even when below zero. they recommend glove liners on the website and if you are cold blooded/handed a good idea.

Thanks to Kenny ( k_t ) for turning me on to these great gloves. Now I don't have to go through a couple tubes of shoe goo every winter.

I've been using mine for 5 seasons and I average about 40 to 50 days a year. They have yet to wear thru anyplace although it's time for a new pair just for comfort. I've packed them down to paper thin on the insulation. The fingers stick together the more colder it gets, kinda weird but it doesn't bother me. I highly suggest them.

JoelP

disclaimer: I had no idea I was being used for their advertising until today when Pat's email'd me. I do not get anything free from them.

that seems pretty expensive especially since they have no wrist gaurd.

I'm getting these for $80. Am stoked because they have everything I want in a glove (warmth yet to be determined) with the exception of a soft nose wipe. I was going to wrap the thumb in a gauze pad. :biggthump .

removable wrist gard

removable leash

cinch strap

waterproof/breathable

Almost fully wrapped kevlar in the palm and fingers with the exception of the top which is plastic (?)

long gators

I too go through gloves/mitts pretty quickly. I'm hoping these hold up. I'll give my review on them early next year.

I've been using mine for 5 seasons and I average about 40 to 50 days a year. They have yet to wear thru anyplace although it's time for a new pair just for comfort. I've packed them down to paper thin on the insulation. The fingers stick together the more colder it gets, kinda weird but it doesn't bother me. I highly suggest them.

JoelP

disclaimer: I had no idea I was being used for their advertising until today when Pat's email'd me. I do not get anything free from them.

Thanks for the review Joel, Pair on their way from your recommendation alone. Yes, they should flow you something!!

Thanks, Bryan

anyone try these gloves from Cabelas? http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?type=product&cmCat=Related_IPL_921828&id=0047653921909a

They're on sale right now for $39.95 and are full gore-tex w/thinsulate. By the looks, they appear to be very similar to the Mountain Hardwear & Marmot gloves priced from $100-$150.

These gloves are the bomb. I have burned through gloves in a single day before. I have about 30 days in these without any noticeable wear of any kind. Pretty phenomenal as I really like to grind the snow sometimes.

The fingers kind of stick together, a little less now. they are also a bit thin which suits me fine as I run hot and always take my gloves off on the chair, even when below zero. they recommend glove liners on the website and if you are cold blooded/handed a good idea.

Thanks to Kenny ( k_t ) for turning me on to these great gloves. Now I don't have to go through a couple tubes of shoe goo every winter.

Mine just arrived, they look burly! Love the cuffs. Fingers were stuck together (from manufacturing) they seperated pretty easily. Can't wait to put them to the test. So far I would say they are a bargain. Shipped priority mail too!

I have a set that my dad didn't like, I acquired them just because he didn't want them and they have turned out to be fantastic for boarding....they've actually changed my mind about the whole glove/mitten thing in all but the coldest days

anyone try these gloves from Cabelas? http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?type=product&cmCat=Related_IPL_921828&id=0047653921909a

They're on sale right now for $39.95 and are full gore-tex w/thinsulate. By the looks, they appear to be very similar to the Mountain Hardwear & Marmot gloves priced from $100-$150.

Yes, in fact I was in a pair all day today. I've had them for 3 seasons now I think (alternating with a few other different pair). I really like them, and I'm glad to see that they're still available. The cuffs they fit over my sleeves (wrist guards and all) and the drawstring holds tight. I used to covet those $100+ gloves too. :)

The palms are not especially tough but they're not bad either. I think what ruins my gloves in grabbing the tail of my board - I've put little cuts in the palms of most of my gloves and these were no exception. I used shoe-goo to put kevlar patches on the palms of most of my gloves, including these.

I am tempted to get some of the Raider gloves mentioned earlier, but these gloves (from Cabelas) have me hooked on goretex now. For those of you with Raiders, do they stay dry?