Note to New Members ×

Post your Board and Binding setups here..

Diggin in MN

I was searching for a thread that listed what people are riding. Board stats, binding set up and a small rider profile. I figure with enough feedback, someone new to the sport, or someone looking to change things up will have a place to see what works for others. So here it goes.

DONEK Blade 180(medium flex), 14m sidecut, 23.5 waist

Bomber TD2's with 0 cant/lift, yellow(soft) rings and the Bomber suspension system.

21.5" stance, 0 setback(centered), 52 degrees front and back.

Head Stratos Pro's, size 28.

I'm 6'3", 190lbs, riding since 1988.

I rode a 20" stance about 1/2" back last season. First day out this year, it immediatly felt like my feet were too close. After seeing the stance ratio on extremecarving.com, I found a set up that I cant imagine changing. To find this, take your height in inches, and divide by 3.5. In my case, 75"/3.5=21.42. I tried 21.5, and love it. It looks really wide, but it works for me.

Coiler RC175 standard construction (7.0 flex)

Catek OS1 SI

20.5" stance F48*/R45 rear back 0.5" 3*toelift/5*heellift

Raichle 413

6'1" 205ish (it's what I'm admitting to anyway). It took me most of last season to settle on this stance....it works and I'm not planning on screwing with it

4 years on plates, 22 years boarding

Equipment:

Donek FC II 175 Olympic

Catek OS 2 SI (Short Plate)

Head Stratos Pro 26's

I will be adding a BTS to the Stratos as soon as it arrives :)

Setup:

16" Stance, centered, 68deg/65deg front/rear, no lift, 2deg medial canting to offset geometry of head Stratos Pros (they seem to lean out somewhat laterally).

I believe my stance is unusually narrow, but it works for me.

Me:

5'9" ~175 lbs riding about 18 years, in plates for about ten of those. I ride fairly aggressively.

Pogo Overdose 162, softer flex

Bomber TD2s with 3 degree cant plates (canted outward, lifted inward) and purple (medium) elastomers

Deeluxe Track 325s

binding angle: 66 degrees front, 63 degrees back

I'm 5' 8", 160 pounds, ride aggressively (amplified by caffeine and hard rock) and have been riding for 6 years or so, hardbooting for my third.

Donek Nyberg AX (Custom Axxess) 183, 13 M sidecut, 22.5 waist

Bomber TD1s with 3 deg. toes lift front and flat rear

21.5" stance with 45R/48F

Burton Furnace 30.5 Mondo

I'm 6'3", around 220. I'm new to carving, so I'm still playing with everything a bit.

Old:

Lib Tech Inner-Course Asym, Burton Variflex binders, whatever angles I could get :eplus2:

Newer:

Madd 170, TD2, Purple rings, 3 deg front, 6 deg rear inward cants, 65/65 angles, centered stance...(Haven't measured it - I'd guess about 20")

Newest:

Coiler 176 EX, TD2, yellow rings, flat front, 3 deg rear cant, 60 deg front, 57 deg rear, starting out centered stance, but I haven't ridden it yet so that may change.

Boots: Head Stratos Pro (Black) 27.5

Personal: 6', 220lbs, riding for 26 years, hardboots on and off for 19, a little less agressive than I used to be, but I still go pretty fast :D