Note to New Members ×

so, how many of you...

scotts.Scheinman

What generation?

It has evolved a lot in 5 years.

Now it's generation 3... Most riders have not yet started the season. Wait a little bit for serious reviews (made with proper flex and size, during several days).

Fin has some demo boards (in sizes 168 and 175, flexes M and H... no 161 and no flex S in demo for now). But select your Swoard correctly (and follow the advices about settings; it's wide! ;) ):

http://www.extremecarving.com/swoard/choose.html

By the way, I have tested the Swoard on ice, hard and soft snow. Damn, it rocks even more than generation 2! :) More comfortable, it forgives more and it's easier to enter the fully laid turns (and to recover when you want: awesome grip which can be controlled). I can't wait for next week-end and Christmas!!

:1luvu:

Patrice Fivat

nice to have you here, Patrice.

Big ole +1 :biggthump :biggthump

Now everyone try to behave themselves so we can have pioneers such at Patrice feel like they want to hang out here. Cool? :biggthump

Honored!

I expect to see allot more "Swoard" snowboards on the hill in the near future.

Win, Win!

PS, anyone else see the irony in Patrice Fivat having the BOL level "Skidder"

If I have ever seen a justification for an exception , this may be it. :o

Yea, wish I could skid like he is in his avitar.

have any of you seen there video on there website. I've got them all on my ipod. They are just divine. I've learned about carving by seeing there video. The only problem is that i don't have the money to change my board( i have a K2 recon riser, 157cm, i know it's pretty short for hard carving ). My goal is to be able to carve like patrice and Jacques do with my the setup that i have now(yeah, i know, i'm dreaming), by giving me i goal to reach, it'll push me to my limits. ouppsss, i'm way off topic.

back to topic

Hi

I am swoard beliver, i bought mine from Fin it was a demo and i feel like it was worth every penny i spent. So much joy. I think it is 1 or 2 nd gen. I have to say for very icy and more bumpy i would go to my renn tiger. but for more open groomers there is nothing like swoard.

I will try to get to zinal this winter so maybe i can demo 3 gen.

Hi Swiss carvers

Thanks so much for bringing width to the carving boards, it made all the difference.

• 11 months later...

since its asked...we updated the flexes this winter and now offer xs xtra soft flex on the smallest size for girls ( light ones mind you in the 45-55 kilos range)..as well as offering new flex for the BBM out there ( 168 XH and 175XH)...well the weight limit is about 110 kilos now so we assume that we can cover almost any one's weight and size...We feel its almost custom without the wait for a custom board since we really feel weight and size have something to do with choosing the right board.

We are looking forward to get many more people adopting smaller angles and to have fun on more forgiving boards that we make..

Let us know what you think of the gen3 boards when u can try it ( SES will have demos :) and forget your high angles for a while and cruise !

Sorry about the lack of time that prevents us to release new vids !! time is running fast when you have lifes to take care off too :)

Nils

Nice of you to drop in Patrice!

Honored as well.

I did get to demo one of Fin's Swords at SES last year and found it a bit sluggish, but conditions weren't what I'd call ideal for carving. I think the wider deck takes some getting used to. I do have a Powstick that is really wide, but also soft as a noodle. I remember that the Swords had a selection of flex patterns, could you elaborate on that a bit?

As a 85kg rider, 182 cm tall, would you have a recomendation? I would like to try one again this year, perhaps better educated with a length and flex I will get more out of the demo. I'm sure Scott would find that info helpful too.

Any chance we'll see you there this year?

Best regards,

best match:

Al,

For your size and weight: 3 choices

175 H if you are powerfull

175M if you ride usually icy slopes

168H if you are scared of the length and want a smaller radius

the best choice would be 175M ( more versatile board) but the H should be ok :) test both at the SES if you can!

Nils

I had the first generation Swoard in 2003 (s/n 005 yeah!!) 161M.

I also tried the 161H at Zinal but that was too stiff so I can confirm for small people that the Swoard guys have the board flex setup accurately (I weight 130-135lbs).

For 2008, I have the 3G Swoard 161M (thx to my bro) earlier this spring.

I can't wait for snow in Tahoe to try it out!:biggthump

Watch out KW Lower Zach', here comes the 3G!!:eplus2: