Note to New Members ×

Riser how to vid on you tube

Bordy

Have at it, I hope it works!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzvqE9ual-Q"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzvqE9ual-Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, makes the job a little easier. May be we can use this as to draw your own on the Lexan if you didn't already caught it by the way:Catek riser template

I have a question about using riser plates. May be it has come up here already. Is there a difference by boards that uses the titanal under the topsheet like Coiler does. I think using a riserplate is less needed then?

By the way Bordy said in the video that he don't use riserplates on his metal? PGS Priorboard?? Why is that?

By the way Bordy said in the video that he don't use riserplates on his metal? PGS Priorboard?? Why is that?

I use some sort of plate on all metal boards, incuding the prior PGS stick. I thought I said so in the Vid, sorry for not being more clear.

Hope the vid helps out everyone.

Thanks for the positive feedback, from everyone.

i can't seem to undersand what bordy said near the end...something bout f2 bindings and washers...

can anyone clarify this?

If you are using F2 bindings you may want to use a locking washer with the new longer hardware, If you look at the stock F2 screws they are knurled under the head. The lock washer helps the screw grab the metal center disk better. Make sure your screws have good purchase!

Is that Bordy's asymmetrical plate template available for download somewhere ??

It looks more effective than that on link provided by Hans.

I jumped the gun a bit Dave and Skully should have the template ready for down load ASAP. Perhaps a day or so. On Hardbooter.com

Bilion plus one thanks Bordy for template.

F2s, so you see that that needs also plate, right ?

And Hans asked there above:

Is there a difference by boards that uses the titanal under the topsheet like Coiler does. I think using a riserplate is less needed then?

How you see this one?

Hey Billy,

Thanks for doing this! I don't have a metal board yet, but I know it will be VERY valuable for many.

You mention .003 and .004 titanal, its this the thickness??? .003" and .004"?

Yep I think so it may be .03 and .04 but I think thats right?

Bilion plus one thanks Bordy for template.

F2s, so you see that that needs also plate, right ?

And Hans asked there above:

How you see this one?

I would run the plate with every binding F2s also. However stiff metal bindings seem to hinge the board more then more suple bindings.

The Catek binding is very hard on metal boards (or metal boards are weak with cateks which ever you prefer) Becuase of the long stiff plate that makes contact under the toe and heel, Bombers seem less hard when used with the suspension pads. Since the disk is round. While F2s tend to be the least hard on boards. But since they are preferred binding of most athletes they probably have broken more metal boards becuase of the volume in use at that level.

I just don't have enough personal experance with topsheet metal boards to make the call on topsheet vs no topsheet. I know both constructions will benifit from the plate. On the world cup I see riders on both construction using some plate it seems like only the lighter girls are direct mounting and only a few of them. I have seen every brand of metal board fail with or with out the topsheet. All of them where the binding make contact with the tip or tail. So I would assume using a plate is the way to go always! S-flex- hangle- vist- polyriser-some thing!

Hope that helps.